Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CBS announces "Dancing ON the Stars"; snarky official press release.
Topic Started: Jun 20 2012, 03:00 PM (989 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm really kinda speachless at this. This just seems a tad to petty & unprofessional (although FUNNY AS FUCK).

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=32146

Quote:

CBS ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF “DANCING ON THE STARS,” AN EXCITING AND COMPLETELY ORIGINAL REALITY PROGRAM THAT OWES ITS CONCEPT AND EXECUTION TO NOBODY AT ALL

Los Angeles, June 21, 2012 – Subsequent to recent developments in the creative and legal community, CBS Television today felt it was appropriate to reveal the upcoming launch of an exciting, ground-breaking and completely original new reality program for the CBS Television Network.

The dazzling new show, DANCING ON THE STARS, will be broadcast live from the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, and will feature moderately famous and sort of well-known people you almost recognize competing for big prizes by dancing on the graves of some of Hollywood’s most iconic and well-beloved stars of stage and screen.

The cemetery, the first in Hollywood, was founded in 1899 and now houses the remains of Andrew “Fatty” Arbuckle, producer Cecil B. DeMille, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Paul Muni, Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel, George Harrison of the Beatles and Dee Dee Ramone of the Ramones, among many other great stars of stage, screen and the music business. The company noted that permission to broadcast from the location is pending, and that if efforts in that regard are unsuccessful, approaches will be made to Westwood Village Memorial Park, where equally scintillating luminaries are interred.

“This very creative enterprise will bring a new sense of energy and fun that’s totally unlike anything anywhere else, honest,” said a CBS spokesperson, who also revealed that the Company has been working with a secret team for several months on the creation of the series, which was completely developed by the people at CBS independent of any other programming on the air. “Given the current creative and legal environment in the reality programming business, we’re sure nobody will have any problem with this title or our upcoming half-hour comedy for primetime, POSTMODERN FAMILY.”

“After all,” the spokesperson added, “people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Why do I feel like ABC's gonna end up having the last laugh in all of this?

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I laughed.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This idea is so distasteful and it's especially disrespectful to the people buried in the cemetery.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm getting tired of people fighting over ideas instead of just making their product better than what the competition offers. I think this is extending an unnecessary argument.
Edited by px780, Jun 20 2012, 05:17 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Lol

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Miss Rhi
Jun 20 2012, 03:30 PM
This idea is so distasteful and it's especially disrespectful to the people buried in the cemetery.
Rhi, you DO know this is fake, right? :)

Someone at CBS obviously has their panties in a twist about the Big Brother/Glass House debacle, and wrote a VERY unprofessional and sarcastic press release.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

That was funny. Always fun when networks show they have a sense of humor.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Actor87
Jun 20 2012, 03:52 PM
Miss Rhi
Rhi, you DO know this is fake, right? :)

Someone at CBS obviously has their panties in a twist about the Big Brother/Glass House debacle, and wrote a VERY unprofessional and sarcastic press release.

Not until a few minutes ago when I read a tweet from TVGuide on Twitter. :drunk:

Mason

It's completely juvenile, but I love it when these people make asses of themselves.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think this is HILARIOUS...who knew CBS had a sense of humour?

As juvenile as it is...its funny and stinging as hell, which is exactly what CBS wanted it to be.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Someone should send a invite to CBS to join Team Snark DR!

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I'm surprised this was allowed. Seems very unprofessional, don't ya think?

Edited by Actor87, Jun 21 2012, 03:45 AM.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 20 2012, 04:45 PM
I think this is HILARIOUS...who knew CBS had a sense of humour?

As juvenile as it is...its funny and stinging as hell, which is exactly what CBS wanted it to be.
ITA, I love it. I just hope this wasn't put out by a rogue employee who ends up getting canned for it. It's funny and CBS should stand by it as the clever joke it is.

Drew
Member Avatar

The Real World producers should just sue everyone!

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
I agree.

Not funny, and CBS looks horrible in this.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

wiggleworm
Jun 21 2012, 09:31 PM
Miss Rhi
I agree.

Wiggleworm, this is a FAKE press release. It's not real.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Actor87
Jun 21 2012, 11:49 PM
wiggleworm
Jun 21 2012, 09:31 PM
Miss Rhi
I agree.

Wiggleworm, this is a FAKE press release. It's not real.

It is still disrespectful that they would joke about something like that. I would be pissed off if they made a joke about dancing on a grave site of someone that I loved. It was just a classless.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

^^You make a very valid point!! I didn't think about that.

For some reason, "Hollywood Forever" sounded like a fake cemetery name to me. (Plus, I have very little knowledge of Los Angeles burial grounds. But now, I realize that the place actually exists!)

So, yeah... I see your point.

Drew
Member Avatar

CBS is just being moronic about the whole thing. The Glass House is failing, if they stop fanning the flames of controversy it will die a quiet death. All they're doing is encouraging people to check it out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply