Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greg Meng Q&A with MSN.com
Topic Started: Jun 22 2012, 02:50 PM (6,383 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

Seriously though if they can bring back ED, then PR needs to be brought back ASAP, if they can bring her in, then PR doesn't need to take any kind of paycut, nor should any other vets

Yeah bad is good to TIIC, that especially goes for ABC. maybe these newbies do well with focus groups or something
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

What I gather from this article is that we will see a series of cheap shock value events that they will try to pass of as "stories". And not everyone will be pleased, in fact ultimately nobody will be pleased as they will continue to fuck with all the various fanbases, pissing everyone off until they stop watching. Instead of making some well thought out decisions, writing a good closure story, and putting things to rest. We will see out of no where questionable random hookups ( as per EM's interview), more non filling crumbs being thrown out, and empty plot point "stories". Oh goody, i can't wait until September! :sarcasm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

I'd really like to believe that that "Days family" line could mean Matthew Ashford returning (this time being made to look as good as he actually can and actually being written for). I don't really care if Kristen returns, but I'm glad for those that do, because I think that is almost certainly what Meng was hinting at.

And, yes, I'd love an interviewer who had the guts to ask Meng how he feels about firing one of the Emmy nominated actors. This interview came off as particularly strange while it praised beloved returns whom we know have mostly been axed.

And they've got to get over this notion that any sort of talking is a good thing. I see a lot of talk about how much things suck and how little a lot of people are down to actually watching.
Edited by AHM, Jun 22 2012, 03:50 PM.

Carmi

Does Meng realize that half the time we are "talking" is because we're reiterating how the show sucks and that we're not watching. That obviously is not something that's "working" for them.

AH. The ED thing is killing me. Announce something already! I get a mini heart attack every time I read something.
Edited by Carmi, Jun 22 2012, 03:53 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 22 2012, 03:05 PM
To me, the interviewer was hinting around about ED and I think that is who Meng was referring too. I get the feeling they may do the same thing with Eileen that they did with Leann Hunley (which Tomlin was a huge part of. They are going for a surprise return. Plus, Meng sounded excited about the return and I think he would be excited about Eileen because he seems to love Marlena and that means more story for her.

I also think that his comments (which were similar to his interview two months ago) about people always being part of the family and coming back at some point are referring to people like Reckell, Ashford, and Clark. I think they are going to keep refreshing the show every so often to avoid things getting stale or going in one direction for too long.
Exactly.How quickly they forget all the pre excitement over the returns of Justin,Jack,Jennifer and Adrienne :hail:

People fall for these stunt returns hook line and sinker.As long as the crappy writers remain in place its a joke

(sorry,my response was directed to the wrong post )
Edited by lastDays, Jun 22 2012, 03:58 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I hope he's talking about Matthew Ashford!

AHM

^I think that's possible, when he mentions Days family members always possibly coming back. But I don't think he could mean MA when speaking of the specific return, as MA is still on the show that's currently airing.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

The only thing I can say now is if we want something, then we need to not talk about it. Obviously they want us to talk. Then thats the one thing I'm not gonna do. Im not going to give them what they want. Silence is golden in more ways then one.

AHM

So I guess the show figured firing vets was a huge hit, with all the pages of people upset about it here and with the Twitter bomb.

And since #RehireMatt trended, they must figure firing Ashford really paid off.

Morons.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I absolutely don't trust anything that comes out of these people's mouths. So, whoever they are talking about, I'll wait for the official announcement.

I don't trust what they'll do with the current characters and I sure don't trust them with any characters that come on anytime soon. All we've heard from the actors is how good everything is, great storylines, etc only to have crap on the screen.

So, I'll wait.......

Sorry for the rant-- just really feel like we as fans have been burned one too many times and I don't want to get my hopes high for anything that involves this show......
Edited by talbab1994, Jun 22 2012, 04:13 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

AHM
Jun 22 2012, 03:58 PM
But I don't think he could mean MA when speaking of the specific return, as MA is still on the show that's currently airing.
Why not? His firing has been publicized, and he's finished taping for a while now. Plus Diva of DOOL had said the show was working out a deal to get him back. It could be him!

Quote:

Did you get this person, or is it in the works?

Yes. Thatís all Iím going to say!

Diva's post was a while back, so they could've gotten him by now. Plus, Meng doesn't really specify if they got the person or if it's still in the works - he only said "yes". The question is, yes to which one? It could still be Matt!

AHM

^It's pretty to think so, and I want it as much as you do. I just don't think it's the case. I can't get my hopes up with this show after the way they missed so many opportunities with Ashford's latest return and then fired him. I mean, I was so thrilled when the news came that he was coming back, and then the show just tanked it. Even my low expectations were better than the Dan/Jen favoring/Jack monthly appearances that we've gotten.

I'm nearly certain the specific return is ED, which will make a lot of people happy, so that's nice (until she gets the Vivian treatment).
Edited by AHM, Jun 22 2012, 04:20 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I bet it's Eileen!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Really, if it's Eileen or Matt I'll be happy! I want both back ultimately - but Matt's my #1. Ever since I found out he could possibly be back, I've been dead set on making that happen. I've done the same for Eileen too though - so either way, if it's one of the two, it'll be satisfactory.

Now for fuck sakes, tell us who it is Days of Our Lives!

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 04:13 PM
AHM
But I don't think he could mean MA when speaking of the specific return, as MA is still on the show that's currently airing.
Why not? His firing has been publicized, and he's finished taping for a while now. Plus Diva of DOOL had said the show was working out a deal to get him back. It could be him!

Quote:

Diva's post was a while back, so they could've gotten him by now. Plus, Meng doesn't really specify if they got the person or if it's still in the works - he only said "yes". The question is, yes to which one? It could still be Matt!
I'm hoping you're right but I do think it's probably ED if anyone. Still that rumor from Diva had to come from somewhere. I just think judging from recent Matt interviews he doesn't make it sound like any offers have been made. So I'm going to not get my hopes up and will assume it's ED - even if my personal preference is the return of MA.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

AHM
Jun 22 2012, 04:16 PM
^It's pretty to think so, and I want it as much as you do. I just don't think it's the case. I can't get my hopes up with this show after the way they missed so many opportunities with Ashford's latest return and then fired him. I mean, I was so thrilled when the news came that he was coming back, and then the show just tanked it. Even my low expectations were better than the Dan/Jen favoring/Jack monthly appearances that we've gotten.

I'm nearly certain the specific return is ED, which will make a lot of people happy, so that's nice (until she gets the Vivian treatment).
Well we trended and I made sure Greg Meng knew about it, and he does... so that's all I'll say about that. lol.

Either one of the two, it'll be good news... but I still have my hopes up for a Matt return. We've worked so hard to get TPTB's attention - they'd be blind if they missed it. I'm not losing hope!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Jun 22 2012, 04:42 PM
nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 04:13 PM
AHM

Quote:

I'm hoping you're right but I do think it's probably ED if anyone. Still that rumor from Diva had to come from somewhere. I just think judging from recent Matt interviews he doesn't make it sound like any offers have been made. So I'm going to not get my hopes up and will assume it's ED - even if my personal preference is the return of MA.
Well given how tight-lipped the show is being, I don't think they'd want Matt making it sound like anything happened. Plus, didn't he leak his return last time around? Maybe they were unhappy with that, and he knows better now?

Eternal optimist. LOL.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Carmi
Jun 22 2012, 03:52 PM
Does Meng realize that half the time we are "talking" is because we're reiterating how the show sucks and that we're not watching. That obviously is not something that's "working" for them.

AH. The ED thing is killing me. Announce something already! I get a mini heart attack every time I read something.
Maybe someone should invite him to visit this site, so that he can see the low post (especially unique poster count, as well as collective) and viewing count of each episode's discussion thread.
Edited by badaddiction, Jun 22 2012, 05:06 PM.

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 04:43 PM
AHM
Jun 22 2012, 04:16 PM

Well we trended and I made sure Greg Meng knew about it, and he does... so that's all I'll say about that. lol.

Either one of the two, it'll be good news... but I still have my hopes up for a Matt return. We've worked so hard to get TPTB's attention - they'd be blind if they missed it. I'm not losing hope!

nocturnalblondie, have you sent Greg Meng the little video you have up of Jack and Nicole? Just wondering...I think he needs to see and be reminded that Jack can really sell it with someone other than Jennifer. Seriously, look at that man kiss Nicole! Although I will always love Jack and Jennifer, I will take Jack with Nicole or someone else since most writers simply don't get the Jack and Jennifer's dynamic.

ETA: Okay I just watched the whole clip of that kiss and I certainly don't want Greg Meng to see the whole clip. I forgot that was when Jack was portrayed as silly and pretending to be gay so Greta wouldn't come on to him. I forgot how much I hated that storyline. I would only want GM to see the Jack/Nicole kiss ONLY.

Edited by onceinalifetime, Jun 22 2012, 05:33 PM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

It better be Eileen!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply