Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greg Meng Q&A with MSN.com
Topic Started: Jun 22 2012, 02:50 PM (6,350 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

onceinalifetime
Jun 22 2012, 05:04 PM
nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 04:43 PM
AHM
Jun 22 2012, 04:16 PM
^It's pretty to think so, and I want it as much as you do. I just don't think it's the case. I can't get my hopes up with this show after the way they missed so many opportunities with Ashford's latest return and then fired him. I mean, I was so thrilled when the news came that he was coming back, and then the show just tanked it. Even my low expectations were better than the Dan/Jen favoring/Jack monthly appearances that we've gotten.

I'm nearly certain the specific return is ED, which will make a lot of people happy, so that's nice (until she gets the Vivian treatment).
Well we trended and I made sure Greg Meng knew about it, and he does... so that's all I'll say about that. lol.

Either one of the two, it'll be good news... but I still have my hopes up for a Matt return. We've worked so hard to get TPTB's attention - they'd be blind if they missed it. I'm not losing hope!

nocturnalblondie, have you sent Greg Meng the little video you have up of Jack and Nicole? Just wondering...I think he needs to see and be reminded that Jack can really sell it with someone other than Jennifer. Seriously, look at that man kiss Nicole! Although I will always love Jack and Jennifer, I will take Jack with Nicole or someone else since most writers simply don't get the Jack and Jennifer's dynamic.

ETA: Okay I just watched the whole clip of that kiss and I certainly don't want Greg Meng to see the whole clip. I forgot that was when Jack was portrayed as silly and pretending to be gay so Greta wouldn't come on to him. I forgot how much I hated that storyline. I would only want GM to see the Jack/Nicole kiss ONLY.

LOL no I didn't. I did send him the Jacole music video Guinevere made with "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" though!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ You did? I sent him a DVD of J&J (the true history one) I made last year that I hope influenced him in some way - too bad he didn't pass that little history lesson to the writers considering they didn't seem to have a clue who they were. He must be seeing all this support out here. I do think he's trying to do what's best but he's probably restricted by NBC too. I may be giving him too much credit though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

its going to be Chloe these idiots think she's god or something

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 05:42 PM
onceinalifetime
nocturnalblondie
AHM
Jun 22 2012, 04:16 PM
^It's pretty to think so, and I want it as much as you do. I just don't think it's the case. I can't get my hopes up with this show after the way they missed so many opportunities with Ashford's latest return and then fired him. I mean, I was so thrilled when the news came that he was coming back, and then the show just tanked it. Even my low expectations were better than the Dan/Jen favoring/Jack monthly appearances that we've gotten.

I'm nearly certain the specific return is ED, which will make a lot of people happy, so that's nice (until she gets the Vivian treatment).
Well we trended and I made sure Greg Meng knew about it, and he does... so that's all I'll say about that. lol.

Either one of the two, it'll be good news... but I still have my hopes up for a Matt return. We've worked so hard to get TPTB's attention - they'd be blind if they missed it. I'm not losing hope!

nocturnalblondie, have you sent Greg Meng the little video you have up of Jack and Nicole? Just wondering...I think he needs to see and be reminded that Jack can really sell it with someone other than Jennifer. Seriously, look at that man kiss Nicole! Although I will always love Jack and Jennifer, I will take Jack with Nicole or someone else since most writers simply don't get the Jack and Jennifer's dynamic.

ETA: Okay I just watched the whole clip of that kiss and I certainly don't want Greg Meng to see the whole clip. I forgot that was when Jack was portrayed as silly and pretending to be gay so Greta wouldn't come on to him. I forgot how much I hated that storyline. I would only want GM to see the Jack/Nicole kiss ONLY.

LOL no I didn't. I did send him the Jacole music video Guinevere made with "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" though!
Tried to watch that video you were talking about but all I got was this:

Jack & Nicole - Hit me with your best shot

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Oh well :huh:

Guinivere, I love your new banner taken from last night's interview with Matt :)
Edited by onceinalifetime, Jun 22 2012, 06:03 PM.

annie21

TFP.

I'm disappointed but not surprised by Meng's (non) answers. I suppose he had to say something leading up to the Emmy's, but this was terse at best.

Three observations:

1) To px780. I get your point. But technically these new/old writers are part of the Emmy-nominated crew since they were involved in the show for the first half of the year (and their stories/work aired up until September). So, TPTB could argue that the nomination is more about Tomlin, Higley and Whitesell than about MarDar. Glad to see Meng didn't go there.

2) The reference to "the Days family" is starting to sound like a talking point. We've heard it several times regarding the firing of vets (especially MA and CC, who both got versions of that statement when they were fired). I think it's nothing more than pablum to try to placate us and ease the sting of the firings. Frankly, I'm not sure if I believe he actually means it. And even if he does, it's sort of like the "never say never" version of putting people off indefinitely.

3) I too despise the whole "if they're talking" attitude. So wrong. I'm like LucasHortonFan who said silence is golden. Seems like instead of organizing twitterbombs and letter-writing campaignes, we should just go silent. Maybe letting them hear our silence will finally get them to listen.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

onceinalifetime
Jun 22 2012, 06:01 PM
nocturnalblondie
Jun 22 2012, 05:42 PM
onceinalifetime
nocturnalblondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Tried to watch that video you were talking about but all I got was this:

Jack & Nicole - Hit me with your best shot

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Oh well :huh:

Guinivere, I love your new banner taken from last night's interview with Matt :)
OK that is weird because it was only blocked in Germany before. Guess it's pretty pointless if you can't see it in the USA either. Sorry about that.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I wish they would just sign Eileen to a contract and announce it already. Every day we go without news the more impatient I get.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

1) To px780. I get your point. But technically these new/old writers are part of the Emmy-nominated crew since they were involved in the show for the first half of the year (and their stories/work aired up until September). So, TPTB could argue that the nomination is more about Tomlin, Higley and Whitesell than about MarDar. Glad to see Meng didn't go there.

Yeah, I get that. But he specifically references refreshes, reinvention and returns. That was all about the Days 2.0 stuff, not the people who were before (and who are once again), right?

Eh, I'm just being picky because of that stupid "as long as they're talking" comment. And I think his comments could lead to something more interesting because it's kind of like...it comes off like they deliberately move away from what's Emmy-recognized as being quality (according to what he cites as being the reasons for the acknowledgment). I'm curious about that.

King
Member Avatar

I hope it's Eileen, but it really could be ANYONE, including the people just fired.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Given Christie clearing out her dressing room and Matt basically saying "The ball is in their court" I'm guessing they're going after Eileen here. She really hasn't said or done anything that sounds like she's trying to keep expectations from getting too high.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I think its ED & I hope we are all right!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well that interview was... pointless!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I'm hoping for both Matt and ED. I don't see why it has to be one or the other.

Erin_123
Member Avatar

Well I wasn't expecting too much from this interview.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

It annoys me no end when execs say that having the fans talking is great for the show. Perhaps. But if most of that talk is negative and TPTB aren't listening to them, then it's going to bite them in the butt bigtime in the end. VERY disappointing interview from Meng. Sounds like no-one knows what the hell is going on with the show.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I understand what he means by saying "any talk is good talk". Because whether you're talking about the things you are enjoying, or bitching about the things that are pissing you off... it means your watching the show! lol

AHM

^Not necessarily.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I have this :flipoff: for Meng!

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jun 22 2012, 10:22 PM
I understand what he means by saying "any talk is good talk". Because whether you're talking about the things you are enjoying, or bitching about the things that are pissing you off... it means your watching the show! lol
That might have been true 10 or 15 years ago, but now many people keep up with the show through places like DR and spoiler sites. If the spoilers are disappointing and the overall buzz on the show is negative, they may be bitching about it on the boards or Twitter or Facebook, but they don't watch. I think the ratings reflect that.

I'd like to think TPTB understand this, but I don't count on anything when it comes to them.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Here's my question about "all talk is good talk"-- if your goal is a reaction, why would you repeatedly, obviously tweak storylines that are getting reactions?

For example, lots of people were talking about Daniel/Jennifer/Jack....it dissolved and the characters faded to the background for a bit. Eggbaby had a helluva conversation around it...then it wasn't really discussed much. People were reacting to crazy Abby...it hit its climax in about 1 hour of airtime and now is a distant memory. People were reacting to Carrie/Rafe, they let go of the actress. There were whispers about Ian being a Dimera, and rumor has it they cut a scene hinting at that reality, right?

You could even go a small step back in time- people were talking about Chloe the whore and Carly the addict...they wrote them off and got rid of the writer, too.

So there's something that doesn't quite ring true. If your measure of success if people talking (even if they're talking shit)- why all the behind-the-scenes drama? Why let go of MarDar, who dropped some of the biggest reaction-creating bombs I can remember in a long time?

It's kind of a bullshit thing to say, really, imho.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply