Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards: Live Viewing Thread; 8:00 PM/EST on HLN
Topic Started: Jun 23 2012, 01:03 PM (38,950 Views)
~bl~
Member Avatar

Ryan's Hope ended over 20 years ago, but if it was a tribute to the loss of the NYC daytime community it being mentioned would have been appropriate.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

~bl~
Jun 24 2012, 09:40 PM
Ryan's Hope ended over 20 years ago, but if it was a tribute to the loss of the NYC daytime community it being mentioned would have been appropriate.
I know, I just thought it was funny, b/c it goes to show nomatter what they mention/don't mention, pay tribute to/don't pay tribute to, someone somewhere will be mad they didn't mention something else.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I haven't seen this site linked yet. It has pics from the red carpet I'm assuming.

http://www.rexfeatures.com/set/1755323

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 25 2012, 07:46 AM
I haven't seen this site linked yet. It has pics from the red carpet I'm assuming.

LOL, oh gawd, with that ensemble, Judith Chapman looks like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
#BringonJulexis

lmfao just watched it.

first of what the hell was up with that god awful music?it felt like i was in a circus! :shame: (so annoying)

highlight of the episode was seeing tony geary getting lost in the audience while shaking hands that he lost the way to get to the stage. :roflol:

omg susan lucci?man,that was the longest speach ever!!!!i fell asleep during one minute and had to FF!then when CM and ES joined her at the stage,she felt so uncomfortable,kept staring at the camera to see if she could fit in the shot. :mutley: before that,she tried way to hard to pay a tribute to AMC,(if u can call it that)the audience barely cheered or said we love u susan. :facepalm: :teehee:

Chandler he was so cute and shy,loved his speech and that he won.he so deserved it!

DEIDRE,oh YES.Again im super happy that she went with blue gown she was the hottest actress that night imo.Loved how she SHH the audience while she was telling who won the award.HAHA u go DEIDRE YEAH!

still bummed that EH and RH didnt win BOO!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

badaddiction
Jun 25 2012, 09:13 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 25 2012, 07:46 AM

LOL, oh gawd, with that ensemble, Judith Chapman looks like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd.
And to think that she was almost Pamela Barnes Ewing on Dallas.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I still cant believe how incredibly random that was of DAYS winning Writing Team...haha.

I nearly fell off the couch when Eric Braeden said "And the EMMY goes to..DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...that is not something you hear every day.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

What scene did Chandler submit?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

BalscoFan5
Jun 25 2012, 01:54 PM
What scene did Chandler submit?
He submitted the scenes at Marlena's townhouse where he almost comes out to her...or basically kinda does so without saying it directly.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Greg Meng came across as a boozy, babbling dumbass on the red carpet with Deidre. He actually spouted the KC line about Days being successful because it's "...all about traditional, mid-Western values." I almost gagged on my martini.

I just couldn't believe how he came across as a grinning idiot, smiling blankly. Meanwhile, Deidre was gorgeous and classy, as always.
Edited by Renee Dimera, Jun 25 2012, 06:57 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply