Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/25; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 04:38 AM (44,259 Views)
Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

The Deidre Hall Fan Page
We are on hiatus for 2 weeks and it's happily full. Tully returns from Japan on Friday. My brother and his wife are visiting for 2 weeks, and my appearance in Grace Notes and Anvils is the 5th thru the 8th. Then I'm I'm 9 shows our first 2 weeks back. Sweet.

The Deidre Hall Fan Page
Morning! I'm still glowing from the Emmy gown reviews and lovely comments. Thank you all for your kind words. I'm in New York doing a satellite media your to bring awareness to Macular Degeneration, a condition that causes sight loss in people over 50. My mother suffered with it.
Edited by Jarlena4Eva, Jun 26 2012, 08:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

brazen
Jun 25 2012, 04:39 PM
The Room Stops
Jun 25 2012, 04:26 PM
Plus, John's out anyway. a) Marlena, b) Kristen ruined John's life to the point of no possible forgiveness scenario.
Kristen and John were great though. Wouldn't mind them trying it, but as you said he's got Marlena and he's married to Hope.
There could be a scenario where Kristen kidnaps John with Stefano's help and brainwashing skills, wtc. that could make for some interim love scenes before he's back with marlena. Not that I personally give a shit. I just want some Kristen & Marlena!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 25 2012, 04:48 PM
I want Jack to return and have something with Kristen
Jack & Kristen despise each other...but I suppose that wouldn't matter down the road lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 25 2012, 05:49 PM
Lucky
Jun 25 2012, 05:29 PM
Question about Kristen since I never saw her. Was she more like Kate as a villain (as in portrayed with somewhat understandable motivations for a soap villainess and written more realistically in her schemes) or more like Vivian (with super elaborate schemes and often a lot of humor)?
I say she was like neither of them.

She was maybe a tab more close to Vivian, but not as deranged, and not as comedic...actually not even close to being as comedic.

Kristen was IMO the most fierce DAYS female villain of all time...desperation was her drive though...she was so desperate to keep John...the risk of losing him to Marlena sent Kristen on a total downward spiral, taking her from sweet and innoncent to deranged villainess.

Watching her come completely undone was was what solidifed my viewership to this show.
Same here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 25 2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7b-9-bsc34&list=FLWWGMYPIE64E4Y9_qEWAmNA&index=2&feature=plpp_video#t=02m57s

this is a great example of the start of Kristen's journey to become a true Dimera for those who never watched the character.
THIS IS WHAT'S LEFT OF JOHN & MARLENA!!!

That scenes made me fall in fucking LOOOOVE with the character of Kristen.

On a side note, I really miss the old DiMansion...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Jun 25 2012, 07:56 PM
JDeveraux_91
Jun 25 2012, 11:57 AM
Ashtonion
Jun 25 2012, 11:52 AM
My goal is to get CynthaHaskins to "like" one of my posts!!! :wave:
LOL! Give it up. ;)
Ain't working for anyone no matter what they say!
I had a stretch of like 5 likes before I got a dislike last week lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 25 2012, 08:30 PM
six
Jun 25 2012, 08:26 PM
And she had Laura drugged so people wouldn't believe her. She was willingly in on the deception.
Yes. She facilitated Stefano's kidnapping of Laura so he could use a laser on her brain to make her forget seeing Peter alive. Later, when Laura was freed, Kristen kept her drugged 24/7 so everyone would think she was nuts and not believe her rants about Peter faking his death and framing Jack for his murder.
I recently rewatched all of that on YT... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 25 2012, 10:43 PM
The way Kristen tortured Laura, really playing on her mental illness and weak state of mind, showed just how ruthless she was...down right cruel.

But I loved every entertaining minute of it. I would 100% support JLB making a return as Laura as well....I know Susan Flannery IS Laura...but I grew up with JLB, so she is Laura to me...and SF is on B&B and is NEVER leaving that show.

ED and JLB were also really great in scenes together...JLB brought a whole new bitchiness to Laura that I absolutely loved...I still will never forget her showdown with Kate over the affair...I don't think that clip is on the net anymore...but she basically attacks Kate after she tells her to get over the affair.
I only knew JLB as Laura too. I think my first time around watching I wasn't crazy about her but having recently rewatched...She was fantastic!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 25 2012, 10:45 PM
You don't think Days would be stupid enough to bring back ED only as Susan, do you?
I certainyl hope not!!! She needs to come back as KRISTEN! If they give a quick comic relief Susan moment here and there, that's fine...

But the thought of her ONLY being Susan brings a lump to my throat lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Kenny
Jun 25 2012, 11:27 PM
Looking back at this interview she did with Soap Opera Digest in 1998, it really is a miracle the show managed to get her back (if the rumors are true). As fun as it was for her to play Kristen/Susan/etc., she seemed pretty over it by the end of her run. She flat out said she'd never return because of how they worked her to death.

Quote:

Sweet Sorrow?
A final Q&A with Eileen Davidson:

Digest: Are you sad that itís the end?
Davidson: Iím certainly ready to leave. For one thing, itís been too physically demanding, and Iím just so tired and burned out. Iím just really ready to go.
Digest: Did you ever expect that playing a dual role would turn into this?
Davidson: No. I thought Susan was going to be a matter of months. How could anybody foresee this? The show didnít foresee this. I think all of a sudden, something was revealed to them about me as an actor. I think they decided they could do more with me than what they previously thought because I was showing them something different. I was typecast as a certain kind of heroine because of Ashley Abbott [Davidsonís YOUNG AND RESTLESS role], Iím sure.
Digest: Do you have a favorite character?
Davidson: No. Iím tired of certain things about Kristen and Susan, but thatís only because of how the story has unfolded. Iíve enjoyed playing them all.
Digest: How do you feel when people say the show wonít be the same without you?
Davidson: Thatís a nice thing, but Iíve been in this place before, and everyone always says that and goes on just fine.
Digest: Would you ever think about coming back?
Davidson: No, but Iím old enough to know that you never say never. I said that when I left YOUNG AND RESTLESS. You never know whatís going to happen, and I certainly feel that way more than ever, but I canít fathom it right now.
Digest: What will you do now?
Davidson: I need some time off. A lot has happened in the last few years of my life. I mean, I got married [to Jon Lindstrom, PORT CHARLESís Kevin]. That kind of just fell by the wayside. I was working up to the minute I got married, and then I came back and was working again. I need to let it all sink in. I think our first year of marriage is actually going to start at the beginning of our second year!
Maybe it is just me but she sounds very upset or bitter in this interview. It was like you could'nt pay her to return, she was just so through with the show, judging at the atrocious writing on this show, I would not blame her if she is hesitant to return.

I want her to come back though:)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

bomber
Jun 26 2012, 04:25 AM
Ummm i think Jason Brooks might be a sesitive issue for one particular cast member. I somehow doubt he will be back. ;)
I'd say tough shit, it was almost 20 years agao LOL but that's me...but yeah...I also like Jason Brooks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jun 26 2012, 07:12 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 26 2012, 12:10 AM
I don't see the issue with Eileen's comments either. She played FIVE CHARACTERS. Two of those characters she played nonstop for two years. Let's remember too that back then the schedule was different and actors often worked from the early morning hours well into the evening.
I agree about Eileen's comments, but it's not only that they worked morning till night (which they did), it's that if someone plays 2 characters in one scene, it's usually DOUBLE the taping time, plus time for hair/makeup change. I remember some of the other actors even commenting about it at the time, since it was more work for everyone. I mean around the time of the big Elvis wedding, I think they were working 18 hour days, and a lot of that was to reshoot everything when Eileen and the body double switched. Days got what they wanted out of that story (and it was great!), but then they added even more Eileen characters to the mix! I think anyone would have been completely burned out, and I'm sure the rest of the cast was happy to take a breath as well when she left.
Exactly. The shooting schedule was already hard enough at times but adding in the extra work on her and everyone else makes it quote reasonable why she felt the way she did. Hell, she may have done that interview on a really long and stressful day too so that could account for how harsh it may seem.

On The Peter issue, I like Jason Brooks. However, even if the show wanted him back, I'm not sure he would come back. We keep talking about this from Missy and the show's perspective but what about his. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the awkwardness of returning, whether Missy is there or not. Besides, as much as I like Jason, it's not like he's the best actor. He was good but I think someone could do it better. Trevor St. John could. True, he looked bored on OLTL but sometimes that was an acting choice and I also think he hated alot of what was being done with the role over time and I think Brian Frons played a big role in that. The role of Peter would suit Trevor and would be different enough so IMO I think he would do well. My only worry with him would be if he doesn't like what he is doing, he may phone it in again but you can't worry about that from the outset. That would make him a nice match for Missy Reeves though as she loves to phone it in when she doesn't like something :laugh: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 26 2012, 09:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Are there people who really haven't figured out that the return is ED? I song understand why the "inside" people are tweeting like we 're a bunch of morons.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

spartan
Jun 26 2012, 08:27 AM
Also, they wouldn't make Kristen EJ's mom after all this time, would they?
They'd have to change up a lot of history to do that, not that that's stopped them before. Kristen was only involved with John when she got pregnant. It's questionable enough that John was with his niece, but them having a child, then that child going on to get involved and have children with John's cousin is just too much lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I also loved the character of Peter Blake but I highly doubt MB wants to remember any of that sordid chapter in her life (forgiveness Missy! LOL) Also have to think about her hubby not being too keen on reliving that part as well.

Jason Brooks still looks good and I like him for the role, but I wouldnt mind a recast. I dont know about TSJ coming to DAYS. He always looks moody to me.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Does anyone know what time Nelson usually publishes his Soaps Uncensored column?
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I feel so ignorant, but what was the drama between MR and JB? I started watching the show around this time, and I just remember a different actress playing the role of Jennifer (and Mark Valley as Jack....i loved him so when I was 12). So I have no idea what passed between Missy and Jason Brooks. If this is off-topic, I apologize.....but if someone could PM me or just link me to a source, I would be so very appreciative. I am all sorts of interested now! =)
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The short version is that MR had an affair with JB. Her husband found out (I heard he walked in on them in her dressing room, but that could be false) and she had to quit the show in the middle of her contract. Then Corday sued her - when this happened, the whole story became a matter of public record, so we know for a fact that she did sleep with him.
Edited by six, Jun 26 2012, 09:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

elci525
Jun 26 2012, 09:24 AM
I feel so ignorant, but what was the drama between MR and JB? I started watching the show around this time, and I just remember a different actress playing the role of Jennifer (and Mark Valley as Jack....i loved him so when I was 12). So I have no idea what passed between Missy and Jason Brooks. If this is off-topic, I apologize.....but if someone could PM me or just link me to a source, I would be so very appreciative. I am all sorts of interested now! =)
Melissa Reeves had an affair with Jason Brooks while she was married to husband Scott Reeves (Steve, GH; ex-Ryan, Y&R). When Scott found out, he apparently told her to quit the show or he would divorce her. Missy ended up breaking her contract and I believe the show tried to sue her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

^Google Melissa Reeves and Jason Brooks affair, and you should get plenty on that subject.

Anyway, rumor is that when she broke contract and left in 95, it was because she'd been having an affair with Brooks and her husband found out. NBC even sued her, and she had to pay some large sum, which I guess Corday donated to AIDS research.

ETA: I see Six and Kenny beat me to it. Though, Six, I'm pretty sure Reeves and Brooks still maintain there was no affair, but that there is some language in the lawsuit documents that indicates there was an affair. I'm not sure of any of this though. Be it true or not, I'm sure the Reeves family would rather it not be coming up again. I think even a Peter recast would cause it to start circulating again and that MR wouldn't be too thrilled with Peter being revisited. Also, the show did pretty much erase the faux years for JnJ. I don't know though, they might bring Peter back. I would hope not though. I didn't even watch the faux years, so I can't speak to it really, but it doesn't seem Peter's a character people have been clamoring to see again over the years. Also, I am opposed to yet another man sniffing around Jennifer. I suppose with Jack gone though, it's got to be someone, and I'd consider even Peter better than Dan. But I want Jack back!
Edited by AHM, Jun 26 2012, 09:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic