Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/25; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 04:38 AM (43,596 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 29 2012, 04:13 PM
I believed the actors when MarDar came on, but now I'm employing John's eyebrow raise this time. I'll believe it when I see it.
That's always the safest route. As I learned from JS and ESS (ATWT's Reid), actors are coming from a whole different bag than the viewers, so yeah, it's best to take the wait and see approach.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I had the same initial reaction that this could be typical hype so I asked Nelson...

Chris Weber ‏@DiMera87
@nelliebranco did you get the feeling they were being real or is that just typical hype? ‪#DAYS‬

Nelson Branco @nelliebranco
@DiMera87 The actors I speak to on ‪#DAYS‬ are always honest; they seemed very happy!
5:14 PM - 29 Jun 12 via TweetDeck
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

At the very least the actors have incentive to try to stay positive otherwise they'd just get depressed (at least I would). So, yes, I'll believe it when I see it. Sometimes the actors and I don't have the same taste, and sometimes it's just that they're trying to be team players which I don't even blame them for. But through no fault of the actors, there's no trust any more on my end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 29 2012, 04:15 PM
Um, MarDar's stuff was really good at first. IMO. It was like a totally new show after Higley's trash. So I'm not going to fault the actors for loving that. I know some actors just kept spouting off about how great stuff is "coming up..." even when it ended up being shit, but I think those actors were justified in praising MarDar's start.
I agree, MarDars stuff was really good at first it seemed like a totally different show and each storyline had loads of potential, things didn't really start going downhill until like January/February and things have just gotten progressively worse since then
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

DiMeraFan67
Jun 29 2012, 04:17 PM
I had the same initial reaction that this could be typical hype so I asked Nelson...

Chris Weber @DiMera87
@nelliebranco did you get the feeling they were being real or is that just typical hype? ‪#DAYS‬

@DiMera87 The actors I speak to on ‪#DAYS‬ are always honest; they seemed very happy!
Does anybody else see the irony here?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Kristian Alfonso must be thrilled!
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Bright Eyes
Jun 29 2012, 04:45 PM
DiMeraFan67
Kristian Alfonso must be thrilled!
I'm sure Peter Reckell told him so. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

greatscott114
Jun 29 2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I know this is totally off topic but we have been trying for 4 years! I finally got my miracle baby like Nicole - LOL. I wanted to relate it somehow to Days....
And I am going to think of that JS picture every time I think about shoving junk food in my mouth. I should post in on my fridge.
Awh, that's so awesome - congratulations!!!
Online Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I actually put more stock in the actors praising the writers this time than last because we are hearing about them liking the material mostly through other people. It's not coming from the actors directly aside from JS. We haven't seen actors really hyping how good things are like we did with MarDar. The hype is tempered and any hype we are hearing is merely coming out in interviews or via people like Nelson so that, to me, makes a big difference in terms of believing that we will see improvement.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

greatscott114
Jun 29 2012, 12:14 PM
Cupcake06
Jun 29 2012, 09:03 AM
Keith
Jun 29 2012, 05:49 AM
Everyone talking about JS and pregnancy is making me picture James Scott pregnant.
LOL at first I was like whaaaaaat. And then I realized what we were talking about.
Same here!
And now that I've read everyone's pregnancy stories about weight gain and seen the JS photos I am stepping away from my Cool Ranch Doritos! I just found out I'm preggo and now I'm terrified I will end up looking like Jessica. :scared:
Congrats!!! :hug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

DiMeraFan67

Chris Weber ‏@DiMera87

"Always honest." yea sorry I don't buy that, most of them will say anything to keep the viewers watching.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

JamesScott_19
Jun 29 2012, 08:28 PM
DiMeraFan67

Chris Weber @DiMera87

"Always honest." yea sorry I don't buy that, most of them will say anything to keep the viewers watching.
DAYS actors got to tow the line, I'm sure they all feel that they are walking on shakey ground.
IDK why I should believe Nelson Branco.... who is he really to judge the actors and their take on the material. DAYS actors are shitting bricks over all these months of crapping storytelling. One cliffhanger scene with drama is not going to make up for a years worth of crap.

Kissing up to the new HWs is a given. I love my job too, I'd promote the hell out of it just to say safe.

MR pimped the hell out of Dannifer, as the SL she was given, only to suffer major backlash and an epic fail, resulting in being backburned.

KA, always pimping the show, only to get the Princess Gina redo, which was completely senseless and a waste of time. KA always seemed happy to be at work, but covered over the shitty SL, while PR was "holidaying" or working out his contract---whatever. Look at PR now!

Even AZ use to tweet constantly about "going to salem" practicing her lines, etc., those tweets slowly dimished....??

CC- was the only on that seemed really happy for since the reboot, until I read one of her exit interviews, when she commented on the scripts and SL direction and the actors basically said WTF.... we just have to the best the with material as it is written. I think CC did a great job, and still she got the ax.

It doesn't take a soap genius to realize all DAYS SLs were haphazardly being thrown together and couples ripped apart. Yes, the actors had to follow the material, but you'd think they get a chance to raise a red flag to someone and mention that the majority of the stuff seemed stupid, contrived, ludicrous, ridiculous and OTT. I still blame MENG as the executive producer. Do the HWs sit above or below him? Cause, if he was above them, he definitely acted a little too little, too late. I don't care much for Meng and his false promises to bring back characters to weave them in an out of SLs. Meng outta be tosses out like MARDAR.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

JamesScott_19
DiMeraFan67

Chris Weber ‏@DiMera87

notice also that he says "the actors i speak to" not "the actors i spoke to" so it's obvious he didn't talk to all the Days actors that were there, just the ones that he sucks up to/suck up to him. If you read through Nelson's timeline, you'll see that he also tweeted this:
nelliebranco: I have to say I am blessed, honoured that the most ICONIC stars of soaps have embraced me. THANK YOU.

What's his definition of "iconic", cause i'm sure Kristian & Peter are considered iconic soap stars, but they sure as hell have not embraced me. Kirsten Storms is definitely not an iconic soap star.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that Nelson went to the people who like him & who he knew would tell him stuff. Who knows what they told Nelson though. He's been known to stretch & reshape the truth so as to benefit himself.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jun 29 2012, 11:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Mitchapalooza
Jun 28 2012, 01:05 PM
Lucky
Jun 28 2012, 12:59 PM
Aw, Missy is still thinking about Matt even though he's off the show. She seems like such a sweet woman.

melissa reeves @melissa_reeves
@matthew_ashford How come you never told me there were so many dreamy farmhouses in Iowa?! We're going through Davenport thinking of you!
https://twitter.com/melissa_reeves/status/218394511393554433
She is only tweeting him now due to backlash...I don't think she hates him...but this suddent rush of stuff to Matt is CLEARLY in response to the huge fan backlash she has been getting.
<------- proud member of MR backlash forum! CUNT!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Keith
Everyone talking about JS and pregnancy is making me picture James Scott pregnant.
Yes! Same here. And when I was first reading "WW" I thought people meant Wonder Woman. I thought to myself: She signed a fukn contract to be Wonder Woman while she was pregnant/ NO WAY! She's a blonde, and I don't think she could pull off Wonder Woman anyway.

Then i was like, oh! DUH!

James Scott, fat, bloated, pregnant. NOPE. Can't picture it. Can't CANT!!! WON'T!!!

LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I was thrilled to see that IB responded to my tweet the other day. I don't know how to post the tweets like you all do, but I took a screen shot. Wonder what he means?

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
DiMeraFan67

Chris Weber @DiMera87

DING DING DING We shouldn't let them be Lucy playing us like Charlie Brown with the football
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 29 2012, 11:01 PM
JamesScott_19
DiMeraFan67

Chris Weber ‏@DiMera87

notice also that he says "the actors i speak to" not "the actors i spoke to" so it's obvious he didn't talk to all the Days actors that were there, just the ones that he sucks up to/suck up to him. If you read through Nelson's timeline, you'll see that he also tweeted this:
nelliebranco: I have to say I am blessed, honoured that the most ICONIC stars of soaps have embraced me. THANK YOU.

What's his definition of "iconic", cause i'm sure Kristian & Peter are considered iconic soap stars, but they sure as hell have not embraced me. Kirsten Storms is definitely not an iconic soap star.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that Nelson went to the people who like him & who he knew would tell him stuff. Who knows what they told Nelson though. He's been known to stretch & reshape the truth so as to benefit himself.
DH must be one of them.

He apparently talked to her recently (either at Emmys or in New York) - and then tweeted her: " It was great seeing you! You still out dazzle all the other soap stars!". She also gave him her first (only?) interview after she and Drake were fired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Keith
I actually thought people were talking about James Scott at first! I was so confused. Lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't hold it against the actors one bit for praising MarDar's work. In the beginning, it was good. I was entertained on an episode basis. It wasn't until Noel Maxam left that MarDar's vision really changed and everything fell apart.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic