Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/25; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 04:38 AM (44,590 Views)
JoeBucs32

I have been tweeting Nelson to give us a Joseph Mascolo update but he hasn't. I want to know when we can expect Stefano to rise again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Jun 30 2012, 02:17 PM
I have been tweeting Nelson to give us a Joseph Mascolo update but he hasn't. I want to know when we can expect Stefano to rise again.
He tweeted yesterday to everyone asking him about Stefano DiMera and said that he promised that he wouldn't tell so he can't, but it should be fairly obvious.

I took that to mean that he's back or coming back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

One thing I always try to remember is that writing that might be interesting/enjoyable for an actor to play is quite often the exact opposite for what viewers & fans might enjoy. I'd venture to say that most actors want to work more or do & play different things, so while Mary Sue might enjoy acting a storyline that turns her character into a crazed serial killer murdering small children because of the acting stretch & the ability to do something out of her norm on the show, long-time fans probably won't enjoy the show's long-time romantic lead and primary ingenue taking a hatchet to the heads of 3 year olds.
Online Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 30 2012, 02:46 PM
One thing I always try to remember is that writing that might be interesting/enjoyable for an actor to play is quite often the exact opposite for what viewers & fans might enjoy. I'd venture to say that most actors want to work more or do & play different things, so while Mary Sue might enjoy acting a storyline that turns her character into a crazed serial killer murdering small children because of the acting stretch & the ability to do something out of her norm on the show, long-time fans probably won't enjoy the show's long-time romantic lead and primary ingenue taking a hatchet to the heads of 3 year olds.
Deidre Hall has spoken derisively of the "Marlena, Spirited Away" phase during the 1990's, even though DAYS was second in the ratings during that time, when Marlena's main storylines were being kidnapped (Maison Blanche, Stella Lombard and the warehouse, Paris, The Secret Room... was she kidnapped some other time during that phase?)

I don't think Joe Mascolo was too fond of the storylines he was involved with during that time either... but he, strangely, seems to really enjoy Dena Higley's State and Grandpa Nono with the dia-bee-tus stuff he's been given.

While I completely commend MarDar for listening to the fans and the actors, I think that might have been their undoing. They should have been true to themselves, and I believe they would have succeeded.
Edited by nickyj12345, Jun 30 2012, 04:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I think they can have a really acceptable medium between "interesting for actors" and "likeable for the audience" if they just stopped swinging from one extreme to the other and learned how to use a little nuance. My favorite storylines are almost always about people doing complicate and controversial things for emotionally understandable and even sympathetic reasons.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mikebise
Member Avatar

Nellie worships that revolting Crystal Chappelle, and despises KA.

I doubt he talked to anyone aside from Deidre.
Offline Profile Goto Top

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Aldo
Jun 29 2012, 02:49 PM
freddie smith @freddiemsmith
Headed to the beach with my cousin!

Posted Image
Freddie looks great as always!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

DiMeraFan67
Jun 30 2012, 02:26 PM
JoeBucs32
He tweeted yesterday to everyone asking him about Stefano DiMera and said that he promised that he wouldn't tell so he can't, but it should be fairly obvious.

I took that to mean that he's back or coming back.
Well I'll take that as a "yes" that Stefano is alive and returning -- because otherwise there is nothing to promise to keep secret about him. Haha!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Hopefully NEVER, and only in his photograph in the DiMera mansion and maybe flashbacks. Stefano is played OUT. It's time for him to stay dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I wouldnt be suprised if Stefano is ushered back to Salem by Kristen herself
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 30 2012, 07:13 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if Stefano is ushered back to Salem by Kristen herself
Now that is something that I would see ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 29 2012, 05:49 AM
Everyone talking about JS and pregnancy is making me picture James Scott pregnant.
Hope he gets a bodyguard to keep the Rafester away.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic