Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Searches For The Ultimate Super Fan
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 03:08 PM (457 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

One Lucky Viewer to Win Trip to the Set of #1 Daytime Drama Series' 10,000th Episode Taping and Celebration

CULVER CITY, Calif., June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television's #1 daytime drama series produced by Sony Pictures Television for CBS, is searching for its biggest fan and awarding that person a Y&R trip of a lifetime.

Beginning today at 12:01 PM PT through Monday, July 16th at 11:59 AM PT, eligible visitors can log onto www.theyoungandtherestless.com/superfan to enter the contest by uploading a 60-second video stating why they are Y&R's biggest fan. Five finalists will then be selected by a third party judge and sponsor, notified by July 23rd and posted on www.theyoungandtherestless.com/superfan on that same day. The five finalists will then have their videos posted on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS super fan contest website where viewers will have until July 30th to help determine the winner by voting for their favorite video. The Grand Prize winner will be contacted by August 2nd and announced on www.theyoungandtherestless.com/superfan on August 3rd.

The Grand Prize winner will receive:

Two round trip coach airfare tickets from a major commercial airport near winner's residence in the 50 states of the USA to Los Angeles, CA.

Ground transportation to/from airport in Los Angeles and hotel.

Two nights hotel accommodations in Los Angeles.

Tour of the Y&R set and attendance to the 10,000th episode taping on August 22nd.

$500 in the form of a check.

Four finalists will receive:

One prize pack consisting of Y&R merchandise.

link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Soapwatcher

they're getting desperate aren't they? I got in the mail last week an invitation to rejoin the Y&R fan club, I used to belong to it back in the day but I haven't belong for years and years, they sent me a picture of Jess Walton, Jeanne Cooper, David Hasselhoff and Wings Hauser when they came back for Liz's funeral? (I think) I thought why in the devil have Jeanne's picture when it was supposed to be the Foster family and why not have Julianne McCarthy (Liz) in there instead, for $29.95 a year you get a Y&R folder(what?) a Welcome letter, a Cast Birthday Card for your birthday signed by members of the Cast (no guarantee of your favorites signing it) a Cast Birthday list, an 8 X 10 Color Cast Photo and then through the rest of the year you get exclusive color cast photo periodically. I mean to quote George Gobel (an old comedian for those of you who don't know him) "You don't hardly get that kind no more" I figure they are so in need of fans that they're going back not only through old scripts but old old fan mailings and fan club members to beef up their potential well that ain't gonna do it, they need good writers when they get good writers and story lines going people will come back to check it out and stay instead they're leaving in droves.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Jun 26 2012, 08:41 AM
they're getting desperate aren't they? I got in the mail last week an invitation to rejoin the Y&R fan club, I used to belong to it back in the day but I haven't belong for years and years, they sent me a picture of Jess Walton, Jeanne Cooper, David Hasselhoff and Wings Hauser when they came back for Liz's funeral? (I think) I thought why in the devil have Jeanne's picture when it was supposed to be the Foster family and why not have Julianne McCarthy (Liz) in there instead, for $29.95 a year you get a Y&R folder(what?) a Welcome letter, a Cast Birthday Card for your birthday signed by members of the Cast (no guarantee of your favorites signing it) a Cast Birthday list, an 8 X 10 Color Cast Photo and then through the rest of the year you get exclusive color cast photo periodically. I mean to quote George Gobel (an old comedian for those of you who don't know him) "You don't hardly get that kind no more" I figure they are so in need of fans that they're going back not only through old scripts but old old fan mailings and fan club members to beef up their potential well that ain't gonna do it, they need good writers when they get good writers and story lines going people will come back to check it out and stay instead they're leaving in droves.
That's a riot ... and that fan club package? Wow! In this day and age where a man can virtually create a spouse via the internet, am sure any fan could even create a package 10x more creative than that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply