Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Awards Breaks the Record Books on HLN
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 03:39 PM (1,341 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

2-MILLION VIEWERS FOR THE FIVE AIRINGS

Based on fast national data, The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards on HLN averaged 912,000 total viewers and 327,000 adults 25-54 in the Saturday 8-10 p.m. ET block, which makes it the most-watched, regularly scheduled non-news broadcast in the cable news netís history. The premiere telecast, additionally, lifted HLN to its second most-watched Saturday ever.

The debut Daytime Emmys broadcast plus four encore airings (Saturday, June 23: 10 p.m. ET; Sunday, June 24: 8 p.m. ET, 10 p.m. ET and 12 a.m. ET) totaled 2-million total viewers and 677,000 adults 25-54.

Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm happy with this. Hopefully HLN will carry the show next year as I personally felt they did a great job. I'd love clips of the nominees like the good old days but I'll take what I can get at this point.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow, those are AMAZING numbers for HLN...especially considering they are not available in all part of the US.

This should at lease secure that the Emmys will return next year on this network.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Things could be improved with the overall show, but it was much better to watch than that Vegas crap we had from 2010-2011..

King
Member Avatar

I thought production-wise it was kind of a disaster, but I guess the days of having an awesome Daytime Emmy show are long gone.
Edited by King, Jun 25 2012, 03:49 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I thought HLN did a decent job considering it was there first time. Compare it to that Vegas sh*t. That was the bottom of the barrel.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! These numbers make the thought of a televised show next year promising.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Very happy the hear that!

Marlene

So glad to see these numbers. Even better, I'm in the demographic they quoted. Doesn't happen too often.

Hoping they pick this up next year as well.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

AWESOME! Although a bit boring, I rather have this awards telecast then Vegas crap! Hope they put the clips of the shows for next year.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I wish we could get clips, but those are clearly a thing of the past since they have not used them in years now, but if they would have had Drama Series montages and show theme songs, it would have been MUCH improved IMO...those missing regular elements really dragged the telecast down big time for me.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 27 2012, 06:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply