Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
USA Political Animals
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 09:29 PM (890 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XymY-tLBcX4

Many things run in this family...power runs the deepest. Sigourney Weaver stars in the television event of the summer. Political Animals premieres Sunday, July 15 on 10/9c only on USA Network!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

This looks good, I think I am going to check it out.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I am going to check this out too as Weaver looks really good in it. I was confused by the limited series event so I did a little digging. This event will last six hours. It looks like it might be one hour a night for six nights in a row.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/02/usas-political-animals-premieres-sunday-july-15-at-109c/132089/

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'll be watching too

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jun 25 2012, 10:28 PM
I am going to check this out too as Weaver looks really good in it. I was confused by the limited series event so I did a little digging. This event will last six hours. It looks like it might be one hour a night for six nights in a row.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/02/usas-political-animals-premieres-sunday-july-15-at-109c/132089/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_Animals_%28miniseries%29#Episodes

Wikipedia says it is once a week for 6 weeks.

peaches179

I enjoyed the show all the way through. It was pretty good.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not much in terms of surprises, but it was well acted. Weaver was good, Ellen Burstyn was so fuckin funny. Obviously this is loosely based on the Clintons. Even cast Bill's spunky mother, Virginia as the Ellen Burstyn character. The hour and a half went by fast. Can't wait for the next episode.
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jul 16 2012, 12:42 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

The show is well acted, but very predictable.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i liked the show it was kewl. its a great cast of ppl too.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I thought it was a load of shit and turned it off half way through - badly acted, bady written, cheap production, awful direction.

I love the cast and know they are super talented, so it pains me to watch them have to act out this crap.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

After two episodes, what is keeping me glued is the Elaine/Bud relationship. My mind is still blown that someone cast Ciaran Hinds in this role, but I love it, and I think he is bringing the genuine charm and the scoundrel quality that make the relationship such a push/pull. There are flaws galore with the show but as long as their arc stays interesting, I'm in.

Alin89
Member Avatar

im still in this too.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Episode 2 wasnt good. Its only a limited run series, so I'll probably finish it out.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I loved episode 3 better. Im just loving this show.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^I've been enjoying it too. Gonna watch episode three tonight.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Alin89
Jul 30 2012, 06:30 PM
I loved episode 3 better. Im just loving this show.
I'm in FUCKING LOVE :wub: and the fact it's a limited series something I rarely get into these days really surprised me.

Bud is the epitome of southern charm and cheat :biggrin: he holds that mouth his perfectly like a Skoal chewing tobacco bastard if I ever seen.

Elaine Barrish was the character I had difficulty with at first because I thought Sigourney Weaver doesn't do a great balancing act of Soft & Hard are should I say she does either/or because the actress is very tough exterior type but unexpectedly she's pulled it off quite well, I like the way she loves her sons Douglas and T.J equally yet a wee bit separately.

Mother Margaret knows everything with her boozing self :laugh: I'm certain she was about to spill on Doug's wife Anne being bulimic.

For those who watched once give it another shot I too thought "O HELL" here we go another predicable political show however I'm so glad it was the opposite.

The Critics are giving Political Animals some thumbs up.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i felt so bad for poor TJ. I'm still loving it so far. They picked good people for this series.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I thought the show ended well. I wish they could continue on for a second season. I really liked it. It was well written and a very good cast as well.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I can't believe the season is over already! Really enjoyed it, especially the way the upper hand kept shifting between Susan and Georgia over the last few weeks. The twists with Elaine's career were a little OTT for six episodes, but I'll give it a pass because of the time constraints. Hope there's more.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'd love for there to be more, but I'm satisfied with the ending.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply