Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 25: Phillipines
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 10:22 PM (5,495 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

So, I wanted to start this because I wanna discuss some casting spoilers.

This is NOT placement spoilers.

You all can tell me if I should keep this spoiler tagged or not ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Season 26 Cast Spoilers
Spoiler: click to toggle

Anyway ... discuss :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Or not. Haha.

I guess this could have actually gone into the news and spoilers section :shrug:
Edited by KMan101, Jun 26 2012, 11:04 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm just not all that excited anymore. I did love One World, but the returnees is over done. And it's always the alpha males that return.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Cochran again? Ugh

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 27 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm just not all that excited anymore. I did love One World, but the returnees is over done. And it's always the alpha males that return.
This is a good point. While I hate the returnees twist, if they have such need to do it all the time, then why not bring 2 ladies? Why does it always have to be two/three guys?

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree Danny. I'm tired of the returnees, though I like the idea behind these three returning. At least Mike and Russell haven't played two or three times already like Rob and Russell Hantz and Coach. Though I'm over it. I hope after Season 26 we get a normal season.

Probst seems to like this season so take that for what it might be worth. But he also bases it on conditions at wherever they are.

And I really liked One World, too. It wasn't spectacular but I thought it was a good season overall. Of course Probst hates it because women dominated and one won. I though the drama, especially towards the end game, was great. It had a brief stagnant period but I like how ruthless the women were and how they stuck together (well, Kat's epic little blindside was pretty great). Kat, Sabrina, Kim and Chelsea are all worthy returnees at some point. I hope Probst's bias doesn't stop them from being asked back.

Manny
Member Avatar

I am actually worried that Probst thinks this will be a good season.

I too hope that season 27 will feature an all new cast.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The seasons Probst's pimps (Cook Islands, Redemption Island, Samoa etc...) I end up hating.

The seasons he doesn't pimp (One World, China, Marquesas etc...) I end up loving.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 30 2012, 11:15 AM
The seasons Probst's pimps (Cook Islands, Redemption Island, Samoa etc...) I end up hating.

The seasons he doesn't pimp (One World, China, Marquesas etc...) I end up loving.
I hated Samoa (probably my worst season) and RI was also pretty boring (although I liked Rob winning). But I did like Cooks Islands. And all the others you mentioned loving too :D

King
Member Avatar

Ugh, Conchrane? kill me

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Pretty good season premiere...

Early fave is RC. I love her! I like pretty much everyone on the Tandang tribe. OMG, Mike Scrupin is a mess but it's good to see him back.

Russel was god awful & annoying. Just...no. I wish the tribe had voted him out & not that hilarious, wide eyed bat Zane. LOL! He cracked me up. "I stopped smokin' the day I got here" :lol: But he played a really stupid game though & deserved to go. LOL at him making individual alliances with half the tribe and then...telling the other half :blink:

UGH! Spiders.

Was anyone else disturbed during the beginning of the show when they were gathering all the necessities for their rafts? I was disgusted that they showed one of the tribe members just LAUNCHING a live chicken to someone who was on the raft. And there was also a quick shot of a poor chicken in the cage screaming as the cage fell into the water. WTF?! They could've edited that mess out!

King
Member Avatar

Early favs: Malcom, Denise, Pete, Lisa, Angie

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I like Malcolm, Angie and Lisa. RC and that Abi-Maria person are bitches so far IMO.

King
Member Avatar

I agree. RC is going to be so fucking annoying.
Edited by King, Sep 20 2012, 02:15 AM.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

LOL. I liked RC. She did get the bitchy edit but I think she'll be the kind of bitch I like, unlike Alicia from last season.

King
Member Avatar

It's getting so bad that as soon as a season ends, I forget who they are. LOL. No idea who Alicia was.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Jeff Probst is already tweeting/hyping Abi Maria as the villain of the season.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Nobody was memorable and I didn't watch the one before, this one seem like it is the run of the mill and will be be boring. Some of the other seasons were more entertaining and better. I was interested when I heard the actress from Facts of Life would be on there. I don't even know who won the last one that is how memorable it was..LOL. The all stars survivor was great, but I need to stop with all those returnee and the guy that got voted off last night was just such a block head. They need to find better contestant.

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't really love this season premiere. I loved last season, so having this is a bit disappointing. But lets give it time :)

I am so sick of these returnees. Even if I do love Mike and Jonathan (Russell is so annoying. He was annoying the first time on Samoa and he's annoying now), I just don't like this twist of having 2 or 3 people back. HAVE EITHER AN ALL NEW CAST OR HAVE A FULL ON ALL STAR SEASON! Or Fans vs Favorites 2. I could deal with that.. basically since Fans vs Favorites 1 is still my favorites season to date.

Zane is a moron. I'm glad he is gone, although I wouldn't mind Russell being gone either. It was a win/win for me tonight.

I like Lisa, so hopefully Mike can manage to keep her. RC and Abi Maria might be fun as villains. But right now they were both a little annoying.

None of the newbies really impressed me, so I have no favorites yet.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I thought I would come in hating Skupin and he would be the new alpha male the show loves to shove down our throats, in addition, I think Skupin is an arrogant prick based on some of the stories I've heard of him, but I actually liked him last night.

I also like how they had to swim/raft to shore like back in the old days. It felt a bit like old school survivor to me. I really want the show to go back to its roots. I'm with you though Manny about the returnees. It would be nice if the show brought back some past female contestants and not just the men.

Did anyone else think Lisa reminded you of Kathy from Marquesas? I feel like she's kinda getting the same edit. Strong motherly edit who is on the outs within her tribe. I hope she can find a way to survive.

That Dawson chick is beyond cute with her figuring out that Jeff was a baseball player. She should use that to her advantage like Danni did in Guatemala with Gary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply