Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 25: Phillipines
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 10:22 PM (5,340 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh Danny <3

I thought instantly of Kathy from Marquesas when watching Lisa's edit. And actually now that I've heard Lisa got divorced literally right before she went on Survivor, that explains the rough beginning for her and her isolation from everyone.

I need to re-watch the premiere a bit but I LOVE Malcolm. I think he's great. I also think Abi-Maria is interesting. I've heard "villain" be said about both of them, but I like them both. I love Malcolm and Denise's alliance. Denise is awesome.

I feel like they did a pretty good job of casting this season. HOWEVER, I'm usually pretty impressed the first two episodes but by episodes 3 and 4, it all turns to shit for a few episodes until the merge hits and then it gets interesting again. Ever notice that trend? And any guesses which players will become invisible for nearly the entire season? LOL

Pete and Angie are ... damn. Hot.As.Hell. Both of them. Wow. And I like them both. I think even Pete could play a bit of the villain role, but I see him so getting played by RC and Abi-Maria at somepoint. I just feel it. I think those girls will be trouuuuuuble. And speaking of that ... back to Lisa, I totally sense that she and Mike are going to partner up. I think if anyone's in trouble, it's Artis, unless Mike and Lisa work with him and manage to sway RC or Abi to switch their votes around.

And on the blue tribe, I like Angie and Roxy's little pairing. I loved their annoyance at Russell, who WAS becoming obnoxious. I thought Zane was hilarious. I was sorry to see him go instead of Russell. I admit the editors did a decent job of it being a toss-up who would go. I see Russell easily going before Mike or Penner. I just don't see what game Russell has going for him.

And on the red tribe ... poor Penner lol. He's so desperate and he's already rubbing the tribe the wrong way. HOWEVER, anyone remember how Coach was "dead man walking" when he returned but then became the cult leader and lasted until the end? I felt the exact same edit was used. So we will see. I hope Penner lasts and stirs some stuff up.

Anyway ... essay over. I like the cast (so far). I don't mind the returnees (so far). The location is interesting. I liked the classic marooning and forcing them to paddle to their island. I love how the idol is in plain sight. Though I HATE the idol is still around and that there could be three of them in play at some point. PLEASE change the idol around. Overall, good premiere and I feel like the casting is pretty good and it helps tremendously that there are three tribes. It's much easier to more quickly get to know everyone. Definitely felt a bit like old school Survivor.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I'm thinking the surfer boy Carter will be this years invisible.

Manny
Member Avatar

Wow, watching you talk about some people, I find myself wondering who they are. Seriously, I don't know if I didn't pay enougt attention or what, but I have no idea who Angie, Roxy, Carter are.. and I'm pretty sure there's a Katie there as well.

And now that you said it, YES! Lisa does resemble Kathy!!

And another YES, Danny, I did get that old school feeling when Probst told them to jump off the ship and take what they can get. It was nice.

And third time, YES, if they MUST return two players, can we then have some women the next time? Although, knowing what's ahead in season 26, I shouldn't comment on that :lol:

King
Member Avatar

I loved Roxy. What a cutie.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Angie & Roxy are on Swan's tribe. Angie is the young blonde who doesn't like Russell and Roxy is the black girl.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 23 2012, 01:44 PM
Angie & Roxy are on Swan's tribe. Angie is the young blonde who doesn't like Russell and Roxy is the black girl.
OOoh, right! I remember now... LOL Yeah, they were okay, I guess.. :shrug:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Liked the season opener...its gonna take me a few episodes to get the names down.

Was hoping Zane would have stayed instead of another returnee.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Wow. Roxy & Angi were so unlikable in this episode. I wish both could have went.

FUCKING LOVE Denise! I hope she goes far. She totally reminds me of Helen Glover from Survivor: Thailand.

Abi-Maria is PSYCHO!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Roxy was a jealous bitch! Can't stand her and I'm glad she's gone. Angie and Malcolm are pretty cute, I must say..

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Abi Maria was quite the psycho bitch in this episode. Didn't like her!

LOL. Roxy was a firecracker, I kinda enjoyed her rants & evil facial expressions. I wanted Angie to go after that dumb comment she made about cookies :eyeroll: LMAO!

I didn't see the credits, was it a split vote & Denise decided who went? If so, I thought she made a bad decision keeping Angie over Roxy. Angie & Malcolm are totally going to become an item & potentially have the upper hand down the road.

Good for Jonathan finding the hidden immunity! I thought that was a cool concept how they hid it.

Russel is a PAIN! :rolleyes: :blah:

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Roxy got 4 votes (Denise, Swan, Malcolm & Angi).

King
Member Avatar

I really liked Roxy, but her edit tonight was kind of crazy. She definitely had some good points. That tribe is doomed. Angie and Russell both suck. I love Denise and Malcolm though.

Abi-Maria is AWFUL. And I don't like RC either.

Skupin is a disaster. Here we were for 12 years thinking it was a huge tragedy he fell into the fire. Turns out, he is just an accident prone MESS.

Is no one going to notice that the handle from the rice jar is gone??

KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL Roxy turned into a trainwreck. Angie isn't much better. UGH. I LOVE Malcolm and Denise still. They're great and Denise is awesome. I agree she reminds me of Helen, but a little bit less ridgid.

Looks like Lisa makes a comeback next week. Nice. I like Skupin's tribe. Wild cards.

Did they put Penner with the most boring tribe ever on purpose? Just so they could feature him the entire time they show his tribe? Oh, the other alpha male, Jeff, of COURSE got more airtime discussing his knee. Zzzz. We get it dude. You got hurt. I figured Katie and Carter would be snoozeville. Dawson doesn't seem boring but maybe all the rain led to a lack of confessionals? I mean at least 7 people had 0. That's just beyond terrible.

So far, I still like this season. Abi-Maria is a loon. I can't peg RC. I don't know about her yet. Reminds me of Eliza. Pete's hot. That's all I got on him.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So glad Roxy got the boot...what a jealous bitch....she added NOTHING to their tribe at all, except for a sour bitch attitude...she was just as (even more) useless as Angie is...but at least Angie is something to look at, haha.

Cannot stand Russell, he is so annoying. Like Denise/Malcolm.

Abi-Maria = Psycho...wow...paranoid WAY to soon. Skupin is hard to watch with all his injuries...seriouslt WTF is wrong with that dude.

I like RC. Her and Abi-Maria are 100% going to be in a screaming bitch match at some point. The other tribe, with the other returnee = forgettable.

And I agree...can the millionaire baseball player STFU about his knee already...we get it dude...shut up or GO HOME!

King
Member Avatar

I agree about Denise and Malcolm. Love them. Malcolm is a bona fide HOTTIE!

Russell is as boring as he ever was! I never noticed last time how cray cray he was.

Manny
Member Avatar

King
Oct 2 2012, 01:44 AM
Russell is as boring as he ever was! I never noticed last time how cray cray he was.
Because last time, there was another crazy Russell that hogged all the airtime. So this Russell was featured only in his fainting scene.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

^^They should have never brought Russell back, he is effing annoying and I want him voted off now.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Angie :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll: Thank GOD they voted that little girl out; She was beyond annoying! "I don't give up!!!1!!11!one!!1" Bitch, PLEASE! Bye!

Ugh at Abi Maria finding the idol. Once again she was unbearable to watch. I want to like Pete, but hate that he's in an alliance with that bat.

Loving Denise & Malcolm!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Denise is amazing. Malcolm ain't bad either.

I flove evil Abi Maria. Love her <3

Penner's tribe is so invisible so far.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I liked the little developments w/the Kalabaw tribe realizing Penner had the idol and also Penner/Baseball knee's four-finger handshake.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply