Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 25: Phillipines
Topic Started: Jun 25 2012, 10:22 PM (5,118 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Manny, I SO AGREE about Jeff/Carter.

How fucking stupid! Talk about giving away any possible chance to have a majority. I really hope it bites them in the ass and Penner wins Immunity next week. There is no way Pete/Abi/Artis would be stupid enough to take out another Tandang next week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

And I am totally loving this season. Probably my fave since Heroes vs Villains. After the horrid seasons like Redemption Island & South Pacific, I have really enjoyed One World and Philippines.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Posted Image

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Nov 1 2012, 11:32 AM
Manny, I SO AGREE about Jeff/Carter.

How fucking stupid! Talk about giving away any possible chance to have a majority. I really hope it bites them in the ass and Penner wins Immunity next week. There is no way Pete/Abi/Artis would be stupid enough to take out another Tandang next week.
The only good thing for Jeff and Carter is that Tandang is so fucking broken up. I mean, it's Abi/Pete/Artis and then you have Skupin and Lisa (she loves him, we know that).. plus, Malcolm could go either way, whichever he thinks is the best for him.

So I can see them targeting Pete if Penner wins immunity.

And I sooo agree!! One World and Philippines are such great seasons, compared to anything after HvV! I did like Nicaragua somewhat in the beginning, but after Jill, Brenda and Marty ware gone, I kinda lost interest.

KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL at this bunch of people. They're such a mess but I love them. I like this cast. It's been a good season.

RC was such a waste of a vote. Seriously? But she was an easy vote off, so I see why and she's one of the stronger women this season.

I hate Jeff. I really hope he doesn't win. Just something about him bothers me. It has from the start.

Mike doesn't come off very smart. LOL. I like how Lisa's working it and I'm pretty sure Penner was right in that she'll coast. She's nowhere near in danger. I do hope Malcolm and Denise stick together. LOVE them. I can't believe how much I like them. And Lisa. I loved Denise winning immunity. YOU GO GIRL. You fucking deserved that.

Carter is painful to look at and listen too. Poor boy.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Nooooooo RC! :(

King
Member Avatar

LOL! I agree. Poor Denise. She earned that for the last 7 weeks!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I'm happy RC at least made the jury. Fuck Abi-Maria that nasty witch.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Abi = Lazy...simple as that!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Abi is ugh. Her smug look when RC got voted out. Bitch, you don't even have an alliance anymore. I can't wait to see her and Pete get voted out. You know pretty boy is gonna be blindsided. I sure hope he is. I don't dislike him but some people you just want to see blinsided. LOL.

I did feel bad for RC but she had a great attitude about it and I'm glad she's on the jury. However, are we getting a F2 this season? I mean, if we went with a final 3, there would be an 8 person jury. I know ties really don't happen and haven't we had an 8 person jury before? I'd much prefer a 9 person jury and a F2. I think we're due for a F2 again. But I'm sure it will be F3. I really don't like that anymore. I see why they did it but it really hasn't fixed what it was supposed to fix. I'm still pissed they screwed Cirie in S16.

Manny
Member Avatar

Aww, Shawn, I could just take your entire post and put my name next to it. LOL

Abi is really annoying! But I kinda like to hate Pete. I like him for stirring up things (okay, that one thing with RC and Abi, but that was a good move), so to me he's like a villain. So I want him to get blindsided too! But like you said, I don't dislike him either!

I hope we get F2 this season too!!! I miss F2! And I hated the production for going to F2 in Micronesia, screwing Cirie so badly. That would be the only time I hated F2 :lol: I will never forgive them for fucking Cirie over like that.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I loved RC and wanted to see her get far. So sad to see her go but I'm glad she's at least in the jury now. I hope Abi Maria gets what's coming to her. Ugh. Smug, haggard bitch.

I cheered for Denise when she won that challenge. I just love her! Get it girl :wub:

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Manny
Nov 1 2012, 03:16 PM
And I sooo agree!! One World and Philippines are such great seasons, compared to anything after HvV! I did like Nicaragua somewhat in the beginning, but after Jill, Brenda and Marty ware gone, I kinda lost interest.
I LOVED Nicaragua! My favorite season since the current one :)

KMan101
Member Avatar

I liked Nicaragua for the most part as well. Not thrilled by the end-game but the overall game wasn't too bad and the cast wasn't either.

One World also wasn't that bad.

Nicaragua, One World and Phillipines aren't that bad and much better, IMO, than Samoa (which I tuned out for initially for the first time ever) and Redemption Island.

Current Seasons Ranking (Season 17-25):
1. Heroes vs. Villains (S20)
2. Phillippines (S25) - yes, I'm ranking it high but it could go down, though I've really enjoyed the season
3. One World (S24)
4. Nicaragua (S21)
5. Gabon (S17)
6. Tocantins (S18) - I need to re-watch but it's still above 23 and 22
7. South Pacific (S23) (slightly better than S22)
8. Redemption Island (S22) (horrendous editing)
9. Samoa (S19) (though I might rank it higher than Redemption Island)

I also had a hard time grouping S17 and S18. They seem so different than the current seasons and more fit with 9-16 but I have trouble ranking them with the others too.

(Seasons 9-16)
1. Fans vs. Favorites (S16)
2. China (S15)
3. Exile Island (S12)
4. Vanuatu (S9)
5. Guatemala (S11)
6. Palau (S10)
7. Cook Islands (S13)
8. Fiji (S14)

Classic Seasons: (1-8)
1. Pearl Islands (had everything a season needs)
2. Australia (same as PI)
3. Amazon (same as PI & Australia)
4. Marquesas (just a fun change of pace from the first several seasons)
5. Borneo (the original and I felt this was a good spot)
6. Africa (not bad but not spectacular either)
7. All Stars (I wish I could rank this higher but the season was just really ugly, too bad, had amazing potential and still wasn't nearly as bad as the worst current season)
8. Thailand (I like it looking back on it, but it still ranks last, just another ugly season)
Edited by KMan101, Nov 4 2012, 08:25 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Also, have there been any seasons you've gone back and watched and maybe in hindsight wasn't so bad? I wish I had the time to watch more current seasons again without my bias going into them, LOL. I have to admit I was just so disgusted with Rob's fourth attempt at a million dollars that I could have let that cloud my thoughts on the season. Same for the Russell hate. THough I still think S19 and S22 are edited absolutely terrible. S18 was just boring to me and I really didn't care for everyone falling to the side so JT could win. And not to mention all the time spent on the stupid exile island alliance with Brendon/Sierra/etc. that went nowhere. I also didn't like the ugliness around Sierra and thought Debbie and Coach were annoying bullies. Loved Erin, Stephen and Taj <3 I'm still disappointed none of them have returned. Tocantins kind of seems forgotten about except for Tyson (who, looking back on it, IMO, wasn't that major) and Coach. I'd like to forget JT.
Edited by KMan101, Nov 4 2012, 08:21 AM.

King
Member Avatar

It's actually easier for me to point out the Survivor seasons I did NOT like. I usually almost always love Survivor in the thick of it.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I have a new appreciation for Vanuatu & Gabon after re-watching. Especially Vanuatu. I feel the women of that season were amazing characters. Scout & Twila being the underdogs most of the season and than being complete bitches to Eliza. Eliza being a rather irritating player pre-merge to becoming an underdog at the merge. The destruction of the Ami/Leann/Julie alliance.

taylore
Member Avatar

There's 2 seasons of Survivor that i'll probably never watch again,Vanuatu and Palau hated those seasons.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree Danny.

I rewatched Vanuatu after I bought the DVD set and I really liked the women's team. The men, ehhh. I actually would have liked to have seen the younger men last. I thought they were more likable. Chris was so intolerable. I really disliked him but I did laugh at his winning and his attitude. He kinda won me over with his final tribal council.

I want to watch Gabon again. I did like it overall, but the final three was just atrocious. Mute Suzy and boring Bob?? Oy. And I wonder if Sugar was just as nuts in Gabon as in Heroes vs. Villains? I so rooted for her and couldn't believe how she was in HvsV. She showed up a few times on Weeds as a nude roller skate girl who had sex with Andy. She has a fantastic body. Just saying ... I loved Gabon when Markus was blindsided. Beautiful and I was spoiler free that season (it's much better that way!) so I didn't see it coming, for probably one of the few times Survivor really surprised me.

I really don't 'hate' any seasons I love Survivor and have enjoyed every season. It's usually the poor editing and piss-poor casting that annoy me about a season most of all. I feel instead of letting the game play out and getting to know everyone, they focus too much on who they 'want' to show. However, in some seasons, half of the cast were duds to begin with, so that probably helped move the show into slanted editing. It has it's up and downs. This season and last season have been much better in terms of that.

And speaking of this season ... really enjoying it.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow! What an episode!

This season is on fire.

EDIT:
LOL @ Penner. Love him.
Edited by KMan101, Nov 7 2012, 08:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply