Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 9th; *UPDATED 7/3*
Topic Started: Jun 26 2012, 12:09 PM (56,914 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Jun 26 2012, 12:46 PM
I don't get where they are going with this Ejami stuff. They have their relationship turn on a dime back in March and then do "sexual tension" scenes sporadically for three months. The whole arc is just so random and I'm not sure what the audience is supposed to be taking away from it other than it seems like they want to fuck each other. Maybe that's all we're supposed to be getting. :shrug:

I love the John spoiler - I've been waiting for him to assert his place in the DiMera family since his return. Now this is where Sami being involved with EJ could actually lead to a meaty story, especially if we end up with Ejami vs. Jarlena vs. Kristin for control of the DiMera empire. And of course, Will and Kate could be thrown in there for good measure. I'd love to see Kristin sink her claws into Will and try to turn him against Marlena. That could be a good umbrella story for many of the major characters with a lot of twists and double-crosses if they play it right.

I also love that they are keeping up the lack of trust and calling each other out in the Danicole dynamic and I'm dreading the day it gets ruined by making them all lovey dovey.
I've said it from the beginning MarDar didn't know how to construct a story....I am not sure if they were giving Ejami a legit shot or if they are doing these spot scenes here and there as a way to play up the Lumi angst. Surely if you want to give a couple a legit shot so they can draw in the GA you don't focus on the sexual portion of the relationship (look at Dancole), but I guess since IMHO Ejami have no deeper connection that the lust, that is all they can do with them.

From these spoilers, it is playing off way too much as Lumi angst (this is the second time Lucas has witnessed them), but the part that is lacking is that unlike JER in 2004 right before Brandon came, he wrote and solidified Lucas and Sami's love for one another before throwing the Brandon angst in there. Since MarDar's writing for Lumi has not been that good, maybe they thought that they needed to play up Ejami a bit so that they can showcase Lumi's connection as the deeper of the two. I don't know and I know that THIS is where TomSell came in, we might see some tweaking of scenes here and there......but this is still very much MarDar's outline, so another few weeks and we'll know for sure I believe.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 26 2012, 12:32 PM
On the one hand it sounds like Lucas might be trying to set EJ up - but my gut tells me it's more likely Ian.
I think it's Ian, too, but it's too bad it's not Lucas. I mean, wtf is Ian? Does anyone care?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

On another note, it looks like EJ is going to be arrested for Stefano's murder. So putting this together with JS's joke about EJ getting married (maybe he WAS joking, but it seems like a random thing to bring up), I wonder if EJ really does end up getting married to hang on to the company. It's probably something like a provision in the DiMera Enterprises by-laws that if the CEO is unable to perform his duties that control passes to the next eligible DiMera in line. Chad will be out of the running because he will be deemed too young (probably some minimum age), so Kate will step forward and demand control. But then the twist will be that Sami, knowing that Kate will fire her ass as CW CEO, will decide to marry EJ so she can run the company in his absence.

Anita

six
Jun 26 2012, 12:57 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 26 2012, 12:32 PM
On the one hand it sounds like Lucas might be trying to set EJ up - but my gut tells me it's more likely Ian.
I think it's Ian, too, but it's too bad it's not Lucas. I mean, wtf is Ian? Does anyone care?
I think itís Ian as well, and he most likely shot Stefano if the latter is really dead.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

If that happens I am done with this show and will only watch the Lucas clips. And I am sure I am not the only one. I will not watch Ej marry someone he has done so many bad things to and she to him in return. That is not love and romance, thats abuse and I refuse to watch that on my tv as is my choice!
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Jun 26 2012, 01:01 PM.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

I'd like to see some business brought back to salem. I don't mind the EJami spoilers, I'm a fan. No secret there.

I think I might actually not mind Dicole too much. At least the two are peas in a pod. Nobody ruining anyone.

I'm game. Let's GO!

James&AriFan
Member Avatar

Well just when I thought that the spoilers couldn't get any worst! SURPRISE!!!!! :offs:

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Except for the John spoiler, everything else truly SUCKS! This show is truly unwachable now, JS was spot on when he said this!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
I've said it from the beginning MarDar didn't know how to construct a story....I am not sure if they were giving Ejami a legit shot or if they are doing these spot scenes here and there as a way to play up the Lumi angst. Surely if you want to give a couple a legit shot so they can draw in the GA you don't focus on the sexual portion of the relationship (look at Dancole), but I guess since IMHO Ejami have no deeper connection that the lust, that is all they can do with them.

From these spoilers, it is playing off way too much as Lumi angst (this is the second time Lucas has witnessed them), but the part that is lacking is that unlike JER in 2004 right before Brandon came, he wrote and solidified Lucas and Sami's love for one another before throwing the Brandon angst in there. Since MarDar's writing for Lumi has not been that good, maybe they thought that they needed to play up Ejami a bit so that they can showcase Lumi's connection as the deeper of the two. I don't know and I know that THIS is where TomSell came in, we might see some tweaking of scenes here and there......but this is still very much MarDar's outline, so another few weeks and we'll know for sure I believe.
Yeah, it's so hard to figure out because MarDar were so all over the place and were very obviously shifting their storyline direction every three months or so. And really, there' probably not much point in trying to figure out Ejami and Lumi direction because once Tomlin's writing takes over, odds are we are going to be stuck with SAFE. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

tomsawyer
On another note, it looks like EJ is going to be arrested for Stefano's murder. So putting this together with JS's joke about EJ getting married (maybe he WAS joking, but it seems like a random thing to bring up), I wonder if EJ really does end up getting married to hang on to the company. It's probably something like a provision in the DiMera Enterprises by-laws that if the CEO is unable to perform his duties that control passes to the next eligible DiMera in line. Chad will be out of the running because he will be deemed too young (probably some minimum age), so Kate will step forward and demand control. But then the twist will be that Sami, knowing that Kate will fire her ass as CW CEO, will decide to marry EJ so she can run the company in his absence.
You know that is an interesting idea,.. but getting married to whom?

Kristen...?
Sami..?
Kate...?

Either of them would be funny to watch.

I think Kate is probably the most funny choice..., they have been romantically involved and Kate is much older than him. EJ would be considered as a lover toy or something in that order,.. but this could actually be interesting.

Kristen,.. I know so little about her but why would she consider marry EJ? So probably not the choice.

Sami, why would EJ marry Sami to keep the company? Its not like she has the rights to the company unless ... 1.) Stefano left all to her out of spite but then there would not be arguing about the new will. 2.) Stefano left all to Sami because in reality Samis real father is Stefano (Marlena hidden this fact or did not know). Sami has always been a bit devilish so I can get that she is her fathers daughter. Of course if thats the truth,.. and its kind of interesting change for once.. EJ cannot be a Dimera at least not by Stefano or John. If he was a distant Dimera.. maybe Ian or the son of Santos sister or something.. but that would make EJ cousin to Sami?? Anyhow.. if not thinking about any relation that would be interesting. The fact that EJ is a split image of Santo could be fluke but its a difficult thing to get pass but anything is possible in soap. And even if they where cousins/half-cousins would that be really that bad? I feel sad that Sami and EJ won't get married for love but maybe it will come now if Sami turns out to be the evil Dimera..LOL.

Kate, boy this could be so interesting. The possibilities are endless.. and Kate and EJ are great so this can be something to watch if written right.

michr544125

Just terrible. Not one spoiler that makes me want to tune in. I'll definitely be passing watching this week.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

If EJ would marry to get the DiMera Empire back it would be Kate because she still has control? Remember she never got that divorce but is a widow. Maybe she sides with EJ because John tells her that she's going to be out when he takes control and they both have this marriage on paper (or even hire a fake judge to marry them...or make up a marriage certificate.)

Then they both can fight John for control.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Hologram
Jun 26 2012, 01:16 PM
tomsawyer

Kristen...?
Sami..?
Kate...?

I think Kate is probably the most funny choice..., they have been romantically involved and Kate is much older than him. EJ would be considered as a lover toy or something in that order,.. but this could actually be interesting.

Kristen,.. I know so little about her but why would she consider marry EJ? So probably not the choice.

Sami, why would EJ marry Sami to keep the company? Its not like she has the rights to the company unless ... 1.) Stefano left all to her out of spite but then there would not be arguing about the new will. 2.) Stefano left all to Sami because in reality Samis real father is Stefano (Marlena hidden this fact or did not know). Sami has always been a bit devilish so I can get that she is her fathers daughter. Of course if thats the truth,.. and its kind of interesting change for once.. EJ cannot be a Dimera at least not by Stefano or John. If he was a distant Dimera.. maybe Ian or the son of Santos sister or something.. but that would make EJ cousin to Sami?? Anyhow.. if not thinking about any relation that would be interesting. The fact that EJ is a split image of Santo could be fluke but its a difficult thing to get pass but anything is possible in soap. And even if they where cousins/half-cousins would that be really that bad? I feel sad that Sami and EJ won't get married for love but maybe it will come now if Sami turns out to be the evil Dimera..LOL.

Kate, boy this could be so interesting. The possibilities are endless.. and Kate and EJ are great so this can be something to watch if written right.
I would pay good money to watch Ej marry Kate....that would be so entertaining on all angles.....the Sami angle, the Lucas angle....could you imagine Lucas' face when he has to walk her down the aisle and give her away to EJ of all people? They could really play it off for shits and giggles.....like the Stefano/Kate marriage which had Victor give the bride away...that was hysterically funny.

Anita

Liz<3Days
Jun 26 2012, 01:21 PM
If EJ would marry to get the DiMera Empire back it would be Kate because she still has control? Remember she never got that divorce but is a widow. Maybe she sides with EJ because John tells her that she's going to be out when he takes control and they both have this marriage on paper (or even hire a fake judge to marry them...or make up a marriage certificate.)

I thought Kate signed a pre-nup, so she may not have control.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Liz<3Days

It also goes with the LK tweets stating that she was working a lot with JS at a period of time there, lol....this could be interesting

Kansa
Member Avatar

So, my birthday is that week and I'll consider the Ejami spoilers as a nice birthday present!

I'm looking forward to more development of the father/son, mentor/protege relationship between EJ and Will. Maybe EJ's shock with regards to the lie detector test have something to do with the phrasing of the word "father" or some such thing.

Agreed that the John spoiler is interesting.

While I appreciate not having to see Nicole 100% of the time stressed out during her pregnancy, I don't like her with Daniel at all. I wish her friends, like Brady (as long as he hasn't had a protein shake), were around her and looking out for her and helping take care of her right now.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 26 2012, 01:26 PM
Liz<3Days

It also goes with the LK tweets stating that she was working a lot with JS at a period of time there, lol....this could be interesting
That's why it made me think that they're married.

Re: pre-nup. I had forgotten about it, but maybe Kate thinks having some control in DiMera Industries ir better then no control. We really dont know what it says and its not like they divorced...Stefano was killed.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

With Stefano's death, we could have a very interesting power struggle on our hands. I'm sure his will didn't leave anything to John, but that doesn't mean that John couldn't make a play for the company. And who knows what Stefano left to Kate vs. EJ? Until the secret about EJ's paternity is out, I assume he will stay in a battle for the company. And Sami has a vested interested in keeping EJ head of the company since she knows that Kate will fire her if she gets control. I don't know, this could be really interesting, especially if Kristin gets into the mix eventually.

six
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jun 26 2012, 01:16 PM
tomsawyer

Kristen...?
Sami..?
Kate...?

Kristen's EJ's brother, which might not bother her, but she was also his mom for awhile, which hopefully would bother her...

It'd be fun if he married either Kate, or Sami. My preference is Sami, of course, but Ejate would drive everyone crazy and that's always good.

elci525
Member Avatar

OMG - Ej marrying Kate would be amazeballs!! THAT idea makes me happy and a bit tickled hahahahaa - so great! And it might make sense given spoilers I have heard (I think from the EM interview) about couples or relationships happening that we never saw coming. Granted, that is pretty vague spoiler and could describe lots of different couplings, but I dunno....I feel a good idea a-brewin'.

In any event, that would keep me watching. As it is right now, my tv is on permanent standby.
Edited by elci525, Jun 26 2012, 01:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply