Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Redneck Island
Topic Started: Jun 26 2012, 11:01 PM (672 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.cmt.com/show/redneck_island/series.jhtml

Anyone watch this on CMT?

It's hilarious. It's actually somewhat serious and a definite take on Survivor. But I like it. VERY redneck lol.

It's entertaining. Steve Austin hosts. They are living on an island (though they are given cabins, a pool, bathroom materials). One challenge involved players locked together in port-a-potties and the team that won that challenge got exclusive use of a port a potty (they had to dig through mud or whatever to find keys to unlock the port-a-potties and let out the other players. There was one key that unlocked the 'golden port-a-potty'). The voting confessional is a shed and the players write the names of who they want to eliminate onto beer cans and place them in a cooler. It sounds terrible but it's actually not THAT bad. And hey, they're real people.

I'm surprised there wasn't much press for this? I never even heard of it (and I consider myself VERY in the TV loop, LOL) and happened to see it on my guide and just had to check it out as a Survivor nut.

CBS must not have cared because Viacom owns CBS and CMT is a Viacom station.

I know, I can't even believe I typed some of that out but yes, it's real.
Edited by KMan101, Jun 26 2012, 11:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply