Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TNT Orders 2nd Season of "Dallas"
Topic Started: Jun 29 2012, 02:01 PM (1,176 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/29/dallas-renewed-for-second-season-by-tnt/140046/
Quote:

Ewings to Return to Southfork as TNT Orders Second Season of Hit Series Dallas,
From Warner Horizon Television

Basic Cable's #1 New Series Averaging 6.9 Million Viewers
TNT has renewed the hit series Dallas for a second season. The Warner Horizon Television-produced drama, which ranks as basic cable's #1 new series, is currently averaging 6.9 million viewersin its first season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for its second season, which is slated to air in 2013.Currently airing Wednesdays at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), TNT's Dallas marks the return to Southfork of J.R., Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing, who bring with them their arsenal of secrets, schemes and betrayals. This time, they’re joined by the next generation of Ewings, who take ambition and deception to a new level. The series stars Josh Henderson as John Ross, the son of J.R. and Sue Ellen Ewing; Jesse Metcalfe as Christopher , Bobby’s adopted son; Jordana Brewster as Elena Ramos, John Ross’ girlfriend; Julie Gonzalo as Rebecca Sutter, Christopher’s wife; and Brenda Strong as Bobby’s wife, Ann. They are joined by the original series’ iconic stars: Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing, Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing and Larry Hagman&nbs p;as J.R. Ewing.

"Dallas has been a success for us on every level: pitch-perfect writing, smart directing and buzz-worthy performances by a new generation of stars and their iconic counterparts," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "With Dallas' top-flight ratings, robust growth through time-shifted viewing and the extensive online buzz, it's clear the Ewings of Southfork have once again captured the imagination of viewers.”

Dallas comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, with writer Cynthia Cidre and Michael M. Robin serving as executive producers. Shot on location in the title city, Dallas was developed by Cidre and created by David Jacobs.

Dallas scored cable's #1 scripted series premiere for the year-to-date for its June 13 debut, drawing 7.8 million viewers in Live + 3 for the two-hour launch. The show's first two weeks have averaged 6.9 million viewers in Live + 3, with Live + 7 data still to be counted. With Dallas ranking as basic cable's top new series for the year-to-date, this marks the third consecutive summer TNT has claimed the #1 new show, following Rizzoli & Isles in 2010 and Falling Skies in 2011. Among key demos, Dallas is averaging 2.1 million adults 18-49 and 2.8 million adults 25-54 for the season-to-date.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

YAY!!!!

Excellent news!!

And 15 episodes next season, too! Woo hoo!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Excellent news!

taylore
Member Avatar

Great news,can Victoria Principal now come back.I miss Pam

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Awesome news! Dallas is a great show.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

That so great news! I am so loving Dallas :)

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

THIS IS PROOF!

People wanting to watch a good story involving the ole cliche Family Dynasty is NOT a thing of the past.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Awesome!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Sweet! Now give Steve Kanaly(Ray) & Charlene Tilton(Lucy) more to do, and bring back Victoria Principal(Pam), Bobby's other son Lucas, Morgan Fairchild or Priscilla Presley as Jenna Wade Krebbs + Charlie , Ted Shackelford(Gary), Joan Van Ark(Valene) & Betsy & Bobby Ewing (they could call him Rob or Robbie) & of course, Audrey Landers(Afton Cooper Barnes).
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Jul 1 2012, 07:39 PM.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

With Dallas doing well, I wonder how long before Knots Landing rumors start making their rounds. If not, it would be nice to see Gary and Val return to Southfork sometime soon.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

So glad to hear that Dallas is returning for a second season. I truly believe (and this has not been confirmed or anything by any sources) that something is happening with Pamela at the end of the season. There has been a lot of mentions to her character - and come on boys and girls, this is Dallas you know they need a huge cliffhanger for the first season.

I agree that a few more characters should also be introduced - however I want them to explore Sue Ellen's relationship with Christopher (he is her nephew after all) and do more fleshing out of the current canvas. One character that I think is desperately needed at Southfork is Lucas Krebbs, Bobby's son with Jenna. Plus I think Charlene Tilton's character needs to be doing a little more to stake her claim, I mean in the 70s it was a huge storyline for JR and Sue Ellen to deliver a male heir, but this is 2012 and Lucy is the first born grandchild to Jock and Miss Ellie, she should be staking her claim a lot more heavily than what she is doing right now.

And I disagree with fans - we don't need Gary or Valene - This is Dallas, their home was Knots Landing. They don't fit into the fabric of the show I don't think. Plus after the dream season, Gary and Val never acknowledged that Bobby was alive.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Edge1978
Jul 3 2012, 03:23 PM
With Dallas doing well, I wonder how long before Knots Landing rumors start making their rounds. If not, it would be nice to see Gary and Val return to Southfork sometime soon.
Knots, as a whole, was by far the superior show, IMO.

No matter how hit and miss the last two seasons of Knots Landing were, it never got anywhere near as bad as the original Dallas was during it's last 4 seasons or so on the air.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jul 3 2012, 05:10 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm waiting for Lucas to show up and throw a wrench into everything, too. It really does need to happen sooner or later. Plus, I'd be much more interested in seeing Bobby deal with that than this generic cancer storyline they've written him.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 3 2012, 03:58 PM
Edge1978
Jul 3 2012, 03:23 PM
Knots, as a whole, was by far the superior show, IMO.

No matter how hit and miss the last two seasons of Knots Landing were, it never got anywhere near as bad as the original Dallas was during it's last 4 seasons or so on the air.
Knots was so good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply