Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: July Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 30 2012, 08:57 AM (4,217 Views)
shavemedusa
Member Avatar

Ok gotta say my heart is breaking for poor Todd but I love love love dark evil Todd and can't wait for him to come back. On a happier note whacked out Olivia is fun I think if they insist on keeping that character around they should have her on a steady diet of LSD. I'm loving everything about this soap right now. Can't wait for today's epi
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

GH is back on my DVR list!!! I LOVE the TnB scenes. Loved the soapy drama of past couple days that kept me on the edge of my seat. Crazy Heather shooting up Olivia and Luke! Wonder if Olivia will be the next crazy one after the drug OD. I think she's a good actress. Can't wait to see what she does once she gets away from the boring Steve Lars. Lulu and Patrick are dynamite together. Loved all of LuLu's scenes this week! JT deserves an Emmy for his work this year! He and KM killed their short little scene on the boat! Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry.

Can't wait for tomorrow, except I will fast forward anything Sonny related. Can they get rid of Connie/Kate please? Contrived DID is stupid and boring. And I have no interest in the new mob character or his son. Send back the NuKristina. Send Kristina back to Yale.

So happy to be excited about a soap again. McBam was the hook that got me to nibble. But the new regime had enough other meaty storylines to make me actually bite. I can ffwd the stories that annoy or bore me, because there are enough other stories that actually make me want to tune in. Yeah! :cheer:

happy
Member Avatar

Some nit picking - Carly should have gone straight to hospital for Olivia. I thought they were friends. I get that they're trying to build Carly/Todd relationship. But it felt contrived for her to go to hotel once she heard about Olivia rather than the hospital.

I do think Carly has better chemistry with Todd than Johnny. But that's not saying much. I do NOT want to see a Todd/Carly romance.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jax come back and have a triangle with Olivia. Olivia has beene wasted on Steve. He is dull, dull, dull. I get he's a legacy character, but he should be put on recurring. I would rather see more Patrick or Mac!!
Edited by happy, Jul 24 2012, 03:39 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

General Hospital is so good right now. Getting ready to watch today's episode. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I like the Patrick story, but I wish JMB would work on her delivery. She's so strident.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Hated the Todd/Carly stuff yesterday. I call BS on the two of them "bonding" over how much their respective towns hate them. Blah, blah. Get outta here with that.

Mason
Member Avatar

bstreis
Jul 25 2012, 10:43 AM
Hated the Todd/Carly stuff yesterday. I call BS on the two of them "bonding" over how much their respective towns hate them. Blah, blah. Get outta here with that.
I didn't mind it. I'm not interested in anything romantic happening between them as I don't think RH and LW have that kind of chemistry, but I like them comparing their shared town pariah statuses. That being said, if we're never going to be rid of Carly, I'd rather she dropped this "I've turned over a new leaf and changed my life" crap and just be the bitch that she is.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

bstreis
Jul 25 2012, 10:43 AM

I couldn't stop thinking about this last night and thinking to myself, "Where have I seen this before?"

And I realized it was on One Life to Live at Roadie's in October of 1994 when Todd and Blair were forming a close bond as "the town losers." I really hope they don't do that with Todd and Carly (essentially make Carly the NuBlair).

Just doesn't sit well with this Todd and Blair lover.

Overall, the week has been A+. This is seriously the show at it's best since November of 2004. I think the lack of Jasus, Sam and the Mob Princess are crucial components to that.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Todd Natalie cannot exactly complain when it comes to cheating on someone.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I think that's the thing I really disliked about the conversation. The two sharing their "town hate" stories was just too much like Blair and Todd talking about who was "most pathetic". I just didn't care for it. I don't mind Carly/Todd as friends, I think they have a good friendship chemistry going but anything more would really irritate me. It must be my DAYs training that's gotten me so pessimistic when it comes to things like this...it just seems to be written on the wall that that's where they're going with this, esp after Carly finds out that Johnny has still been lying to her.

Nate
Member Avatar

I feel so bad for Olivia. Steve is such a dumbass... I noticed some people don't like her. Do you guys?

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jul 25 2012, 02:39 PM
Todd Natalie cannot exactly complain when it comes to cheating on someone.
The red headed bitch really can't! :puke: I hated :frustration: :flipoff: that bitch with a passion! Lol at Todd sending her a picture of McBam.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

JT, once again as Patrick is ripping my heart out! This Robin storyline is terrific! Anna broke my heart too-- and for once, in a long time, I actually like Luke! It's also nice NOT to have Sonny and company not being on everyday. I almost wish that Heather wasn't going-- RM rocks that part!

Man, has this show gotten better.....

miou07
Member Avatar

Nate
Jul 25 2012, 06:47 PM
I feel so bad for Olivia. Steve is such a dumbass... I noticed some people don't like her. Do you guys?
I'm one of the few people who loves Olivia. I absolutely adore the actress and I thought she did a great job on Monday's episode. Steve is an uber dumbass.

Monday's episode is my favorite so far of Carlivati/Valentini. I was glued to pretty much every moment and was disappointed when it ended.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I love 'Liv, too. Lisa LoCicero is always at the top of her game!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

I saw half of yesterday? FFWD ANYTHING TO DO WITH Sonny (yuck and done to death), Kate (lame story line and I never bought the re-written history of great Sonny-Kate love affair), Johnny/Carly (gross and contrived. Carly used to advise Lulu about Johnny for gosh sakes), or Michael/Starr (No interest. And don't like that OLTL legacy characters were killed to make way for a contrived romance).

But I liked most everything else. PATRICK IS AWESOME. I honestly think JT is a better actor than JJ. I am totally buying his addiction and grief. Fabulous scenes with both Lulu and Robin. I love the Patrick/Lulu scenes. I like seeing different characters mix it up. These 2 work really well together. Hope they keep it platonic. And Patrick's decision to close the door on his hallucination of Robin - heart breaking!!!!

I still think Steven Lars is a boring character. But I blame the actor more than the writing. He only knows how to play one level or emotion at a time. He goes for the obvious choices. Snoozeville. I wouldn't mind a recast, but I understand the actor is best buds with SB. Sigh. I am really hoping Olivia breaks away from Steve's orbit of suck. I wonder how deranged they will make her after the LSD trip. Hopefully not so much as to be irredeemable. I find the actress to be more charismatic and interesting than the one playing Kate.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I thought the comments Kassie DePaiva makes in the July 30 edition of Soap Opera Digest were not only brave [for her to make] but that they echo a lot of us Todd and Blair lovers' feelings regarding this past week.

In case anybody missed it, here are some crucial quotes from La DePaiva:

I'm a Todd and Blair fan, so I personally hated it when I got the first round of scripts [that aired in March] when Blair was mad at Todd after Starr was in the accidnet.

My personal feeling is that Blair would never believe Tomas after Tomas [held Todd captive] for eight years. She would hold him personally responsible. He may be a good guy, he may have had to do it to protect her or whatever, but I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, that Todd and Blair connection is what moves her forward or moves her backward, it's not her Tomas connection.]

She's right and I think that might explain why so many fans were left wondering this past week, Who was that woman masquerading as Blair Cramer?

shavemedusa
Member Avatar

I disagree that Blair would stand by Todd. Blair turns on him a lot but I don't buy into this loyalty to Tomas either it moved pretty quickly. I don't know if it was quick writing because of the show ending or if it is because she had eight years of history with a Todd even if it wasn't THE Todd. Blair kind of got over him so it might be residual of that. I did really enjoy their last conversation together. They will always love each other somehow and I'm glad they paid tribute to that.

Now on to Carly and Todd. No way is Carly the nuBlair there is no way to remake Todd and Blair. I may not like what the couple turned into but at first they were a very special couple. One of a kind and Carly just isn't Blair. I don't dislike Carly but she doesn't have the kind of vulnerability that Blair has and there are too many things that don't make sense between them.

Ok love everything else. I'm one of the ones that hates Olivia so I'm enjoying her going nuts. i love Heather more and more every day. I feel so bad for Patrick and I'm rooting for Robin. Starr and Michael are cute. Still don't care about Luke and Slim and Spanky. I like crazy Johnny and LOVE crazy Todd so I can't wait for all of that. Kate is interesting but I FF Sonny because I just don't care.

Oh and Ewen oooo I hope this means he is evil

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Blair said she and Todd have two great kids,well one of out two,Jack is a little snot.

Nate
Member Avatar

The only parts of GH I'm watching are Heather/Olivia/Dante/Lulu/Kate, Ewen/Robin/Patrick/Lulu/Maxie/Anna/Heather, and Tracy/Anna/Luke scenes. The rest are boring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply