Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report for the Week of June 18-22, 2012
Topic Started: Jun 30 2012, 03:32 PM (2,660 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,271,000 (-120,000/-491,000)
2. B&B 3,140,000 (+12,000/+130,000)
3. GH 2,422,000 (+128,000/-96,000)
4. DAYS 2,376,000 (-112,000/+71,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.1/-.2)
2. B&B 2.3/7 (same/+.2)
3. DAYS 1.8/5 (-.1/+.1)
3. GH 1.8/5 (+.1/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 780,000 (-77,000/-173,000)
2. B&B 598,000 (-89,000/+2,000)
3. GH 568,000 (+12,000/-131,000)
4. DAYS 448,000 (-86,000/-131,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low
2. B&B 0.9/6 (-.2/same)
2. GH 0.9/6 (same/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.7/5 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.5 (-.2/-.3) <—– ties low
2. DAYS 0.4 (-.2/-.1) <—– ties low
2. B&B 0.4 (-.2/-.1)
2. GH 0.4 (same/-.2)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 891,000 (-26,000/-179,9000)
2. B&B 631,000 (+15,000/-25,000)
3. DAYS 503,000 (+2,000/-47,000)
4. GH 480,000 (+2,000/+64,000)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,590,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,566,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,301,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,282,000
Friday: 1.6/2,140,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-good-week-for-gh-2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I am hoping that the Eileen Davidson and Greg Vaughan rumors are true. Maybe this "reboot" will be the one that really allows DAYS to take off in the ratings. These current ratings are all over the place for DAYS.

I am happy for B&B and as a truly big fan of the show there needs to be a better balance. Y&R is just a disaster to me and GH is so much better under FV & RC. They both seem to be very passionate about what they are doing and you have to give them credit for that IMHO.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Even Lexie’s death couldn’t squeak out a 2.0 very, very sad!

lysie
Member Avatar

See? If they never had to count Friday, the show would be doin great.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Schools getting out and people beginning summer vacation trips had to hurt too. the next 8-10 weeks are going to be ugly for all soaps overall. In Days' case, at least they were still up in some categories vs last year.

Lysie is right though. Fridays KILL Days. They seem to hurt all of the soaps but Days gets hit real hard and, again, I think it's because like GH it loses alot of the younger viewers it has on Friday's. They merely DVR it and get to it when they do, assuming they do. I still think if soaps want to cut budget and benefit themselves they should go to a 4 days a week format and cut out Fridays. Ratings would be higher and budgets would be helped.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Remember the days when you were EXCITED about Friday's on Soaps. I miss those days.

reagon

I don't think these shows ever suffered in getting younger viewers in the summer months. Traditionally a lot of the teen stories were focused on in the summer. And I'm not even a believer that teens only watch teen stories . I'm just looking at the trends which is for all the shows barring B&B, the demos are not good for any show. B&B has been fairly consistantly positive but even they had a bad week with demos and that was after a masterful week of a gorgeous location shoot and some good classic soapy drama. It's most likely external factors causing the up tics and downturns seen from week to week. If anything I'd expect NBC to get an uptic for this past week with all the drama around the Today show. I guess we'll see next week.
Edited by reagon, Jul 1 2012, 09:27 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

This week July 1st-8th could be bad for ratings with a large number of people on the east coast without power. I'm one of them unfortunately.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 30 2012, 09:29 PM
Any idea as to why DAYS takes a hit on Fridays and other shows don't? (well at least not this week...)

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jul 1 2012, 04:13 PM
lysie
Any idea as to why DAYS takes a hit on Fridays and other shows don't? (well at least not this week...)
DAYS fans like to party??

Nah really, I'm not sure. They treat Fridays like every other day seemingly. Its different than the other shows that do Friday cliffhangers again. Well really GH is mastering the every day cliffhanger, but Fridays are really good for GH. I can't speak for the other shows lately.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Southofsoap
lysie
In recent years, all the soaps would regularly see one of, if not their lowest, numbers on Fridays. Days would see the worst drops and I recall GH would often see bad drops on Fridays too.

I think it comes down to what young audience the soaps have don't watch on Fridays and the numbers are even worst around holiday weekends. They either DVR, watch online when they can, or don't watch at all. Days seems to suffer the most from this. People, especially the younger they are, only watch when it's convenient. It's hard enough for people to tune into a primetime show, which airs only once a week, so it's no wonder a soap that airs 5 days a week has a hard time getting consistent viewership 5 days a week, all year round.

lysie
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
lysie
No, but I do know that it's the day I'm least likely to watch.

six
Member Avatar

Something ABC has recently started doing in my area is putting GH on primetime on demand. I think they play the same commercials that aired the day the show aired live as well. If watching on demand counts, that has to help their ratings, too.
Edited by six, Jul 2 2012, 07:48 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days deserves this major drop. The show and the current SLs all suck ass. I'm hoping the best for this show, but its hard when the spoilers for each passing week get worse and worse. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It will be interesting to see the ratings for last week. The show actually did something last Thursday and Friday even though they didn't promote it. Those kind of show usually don't do particularly well for Days, but it will be interesting to see if actually having something on those days does anything for them.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jul 4 2012, 10:59 PM
It will be interesting to see the ratings for last week. The show actually did something last Thursday and Friday even though they didn't promote it. Those kind of show usually don't do particularly well for Days, but it will be interesting to see if actually having something on those days does anything for them.
Days hasn't been promoting much of anything and that is their biggest problem. I know they are about to do a big promo push for what happens around the Olympics cliffhanger. I am just envisioning that they will promote it to high heaven during the Olympics but unlike in 2008 when they had Stefano return around the time the Olympics were airing...they were actually able to hold the viewers who were watching the Olympics before Days aired because Days wasn't preempted. This time they are banking on those viewers staying after the Olympics is over.....why would they if they don't even watch Days now....it's a totally different type of scenario this time around.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think the "Olympics Break" is going to be DISASTROUS for DAYS IMO...they are really going to need one of the biggest cliffhangers in the shows history...and I have no faith it will be worth it in the least.

am103
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 5 2012, 01:28 PM
I think the "Olympics Break" is going to be DISASTROUS for DAYS IMO...they are really going to need one of the biggest cliffhangers in the shows history...and I have no faith it will be worth it in the least.
I agree. They're really going to need some good stuff to keep the viewers interested in tuning back in. I think a big problem has to do with the promos. If they promoted the show more (and had GOOD promos), people would be more inclined to watch. Instead, we get boring promos shown once a day (if they're lucky), and they don't even want to make ME watch the show, let alone ex-viewers or newcomers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't see the Olympic break hurting much, even if the show has a crappy cliffhanger.

It's summer. The audience isn't there for soaps during the bulk of summer anyway. That is why we usually see horrible numbers. I don't think the show has to worry. If this were in the Fall or Winter, it would be different because that is when they seem to really monitor the numbers.

reagon

I Guess I'm not sure why people feel summer numbers are always lower. That hasn't been the case always. Look at OLTL last summer or Days during 2009 or B&B this year has been steady. If there is something to watch the audience will tune in.

I don't think the Olympics will hurt but I do think the show should have some cliffhangers or even some returns to promote before and during the Olympics. I think it will be interesting to see if Days gets any promotion during the Olympics or if NBC are just going to focus on their fall primetime shows

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply