Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
THR: EILEEN DAVIDSON RETURNING!
Topic Started: Jul 5 2012, 12:35 PM (21,693 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

Wow! :cheer: It's still hard to believe that Eileen's return is really happening. Just when I've given up on the DAYS suits, they actually turn around and do something SMART.
Kristen represents that nice shade of grey that always compels you to watch. Back in the day, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her most of the time. :shrug: But, that's what great actresses do. They can spin anything into gold.
A lot of Kristen scenes stand out. But, some of the most deliciously, devilishly played scenes was when a blind Tony nearly stumbled upon John/Kristen making love. Now, THAT, was soapy drama at its best :rockon:
I have to give props to James Reilly. He rocked the shit during this era......
I bet Deidre/Drake did a jig when they heard the news of her return. They probably said, "damn, now we're getting some real story action!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

peaches179

Kenny
Jul 11 2012, 06:01 PM

Thanks for posting, Kenny! :)

Joshua
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Jul 10 2012, 11:47 PM
I enjoyed Susan for comedy, I loved little scenes like when she was at a wedding (Sami/Austin or Marlena/John) and kept telling everyone it wouldn't go through because Salem weddings never do. I don't know how that would work these days since they don't seem to do comedy now, but I always felt entertained by Susan and Mary Moira. I felt like they were the perfect outlet for some of the siliier comedy which I didn't care for when it was pushed on Vivian.
I agree! I really loved Susan. And DAYS could really use humor more often as it did back then!

This is one of my favorite Susan moments. Marlena was preparing to marry John and got all the girls together at Titan to help plan the wedding. To everyone's surprise, Marlena invited Susan. She had me cracking up through the entire "Pretty Woman" montage as Marlena tried on dresses.

darraholic
Member Avatar

*sigh* Too bad we didn't have Louise Sorel still. Louise & Eileen were great together.

CarlD2

Great clips.

It looked a little like Drake Hogestyn was trying not to crack up in that first clip.

CarlD2

The funny thing is aside from the sash I actually liked the dress Susan picked out for Marlena...

Kenny
Member Avatar

I love this clip, both at 4:22 when a drunken Susan calls him "Stefano MiDera" and at 9:25 when she stares Laura down, LoL.

am103
Member Avatar

I watched the entire John/Kristen non-wedding on YouTube today. How good DAYS was back then! The music, the suspense... It really just makes your heart break when you watch it today and see all of the wasted potential between so many great actors.

Hopefully Eileen's return is the start of something good. DAYS desperately needs something to give it a good shake-up, and bringing back a badass female villain is definitely a step in the right direction.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Watching these clips, I wish there was someway JER could come back too :(

ksmom
Member Avatar

I am so excited for her return! LOVE her!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

blueskies
Jul 12 2012, 11:20 AM
Watching these clips, I wish there was someway JER could come back too :(
I would give anything for that. :( :( I wonder what he would cook up for Kristen round 2!!

CarrieAustin06

I can forsee two things happening - one that once John finds out that Stephano is not EJ's father that he decides to have a DNA test and that he turns out to be EJ's father. has Marlena tested, but she is not a match, and so suspects that Kristen may be EJ's mother, so he goes looking for her.

The other is that when Kristen finds out that EJ is not Stephano's biological son, she somehow has the DNA run herself, and uses the results to get back into John and Marlena's good graces by making him feel guilty for everything that happened to her in the past. Then she'll secretly go about trying to get John back.

Geovanne

SallySlice
Jul 10 2012, 04:02 PM
The Room Stops
Jul 10 2012, 11:18 AM
SallySlice
Jul 9 2012, 04:54 PM
What a complete let down!

As if the show hasn't already had a bus load of terrible returns.

I'm so over it already.
LoL
You're a brave soul, Sally.
LoL

Thanks.
But I will proudly stand alone on my ''I hate Kristen/E.D. island''.
No big loss.

I just don't like the character(s) or care much for the actress.
Kristen never seemed that special to me.
I've seen way better villians.
I thought Susan was a stupid joke with that annoying fake voice and horse teeth.
As was the nun.

Maybe 20 years later will change my opinion?

I'm just thankful that at least I'll be free of her until the fall.
:cheer:
:cart:

I am glad I am not the only one, I am not looking forward to her return and I haven't decided if I will watch. I would rather have Alex North back over Kristen Blake.

DOOLFan85

Ms. Davidson is returnin...life is sweet again...anyone know when she comes back or when her first taping?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DOOLFan85
Jul 16 2012, 05:17 PM
Ms. Davidson is returnin...life is sweet again...anyone know when she comes back or when her first taping?
First airdate is Oct 11th

She first taped last Monday, July 9th

luvmysoaps

Mitchapalooza
Jul 16 2012, 05:19 PM
DOOLFan85
Jul 16 2012, 05:17 PM
First airdate is Oct 11th

She first taped last Monday, July 9th
This return is definitely what I am on pins and needles for.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I was looking through some quotes for my signature... and this seemed fitting to post in this thread. For all you Kristen vs Marlena lovers.

Quote:

"The real tragedy is that given the right circumstances, Kristen and Marlena probably could have saved the world together. I know you all would like to throttle her, but in truth, working with Eileen Davidson is the most fun I've had in years. And not a day goes by where she doesn't surprise and amuse me." - Deidre Hall.
Edited by The Room Stops, Jul 22 2012, 09:39 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jul 22 2012, 09:39 AM
I was looking through some quotes for my signature... and this seemed fitting to post in this thread. For all you Kristen vs Marlena lovers.

Quote:

"The real tragedy is that given the right circumstances, Kristen and Marlena probably could have saved the world together. I know you all would like to throttle her, but in truth, working with Eileen Davidson is the most fun I've had in years. And not a day goes by where she doesn't surprise and amuse me." - Deidre Hall.
I love that quote.

I don't think Kristen was evil by nature. She was evil by nurture. She was actually a good person until she realized the man she loved was in love with someone else. Had Stefano not come along and played on her insecurities, twisting her morals and making her believe it was okay to do bad things as long as they're done for the "right" reasons (ie. protecting your family), things might've turned out different for her. She and Marlena could've actually been friends. But Stefano corrupted her.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love the quote by DH!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply