Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
THR: EILEEN DAVIDSON RETURNING!
Topic Started: Jul 5 2012, 12:35 PM (21,774 Views)
DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Awesome!! I wish she was would show up sonner. This is the best Days news Ever!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Soaps Scoop: Eileen Davidson Returning to Days of Our Lives

Itís official: Eileen Davidson is headed back to Days of Our Lives.

The suds vet will reprise her role on the NBC soap as Kristen Blake, (erstwhile) Big Bad Stefano DiMeraís foster daughter, TVLine has confirmed. Sheís set to rejoin the series beginning Oct. 11.

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the casting news.

Davidsonís villainous alter-ego ó and her alterís many alters ó were last seen on Days in 1998 when she was presumed dead via drowning. However, in true soap fashion, Kristen had actually been stranded on an island.

The actressí return to Salem comes on the heels of her shocking ouster from CBSí The Young and the Restless, where she has portrayed Genoa Cityís beloved Ashley Abbott on and off since 1986.

Source: TV Line

justforfun

I actually didn't watch Days for many years, beginning in 1994 and so I am not familiar with her time on the show. I have seen pics of Susan in her campy look, so I hope that they don't go back to something like that. But you all seem excited for her return, so I am staying hopeful...

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The @nbcdays tweet could just be an expression. It also could be that the idiots running it know nothing about anything considering how little they actually tweet these days. They're probably just breaking the news after seeing THR article.

I don't even care though, who cares?! We got a quote from Eileen Davidson and that is ALL I care about. This is fantastic news. October 11? That is way sooner than I thought we would see her so this news is even better than expected. I also like that she's coming in first as Kristen and not Susan. It seems better that way. Kristen is the money characters. This is such a good move by DAYS that I almost don't know how to react. I can't wait for Kristen vs. Marlena. Kristen and EJ. Kristen vs. Nicole or Kristen & Nicole (If they fix her character by then). This is all great. I hope Kristen is the one that finally finds 100% proof that Nicole's baby is EJ's. There so much potential for her. Eileen Davidson is going to ROCK this.

I'm dying to hear a real interview from her because that didn't sound overly enthusiastic but it was such a short statement. I hope now that the cat's officially out of the bag that she will start tweeting again. This morning I had a feeling today might bring some DAYS news. They were probably waiting for the holiday to pass.

Alligato
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 5 2012, 12:59 PM
Alligato
Jul 5 2012, 12:53 PM
Mason
Jul 5 2012, 12:43 PM
lysie
Jul 5 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm about to get selfish. Now I want to know what they plan to do with her.
I don't have high expectations. All I ask is that it not be ALL about E.J. At this point, that's all I'm asking or hoping for.
You know it will be! It always is.

I want to be more excited, but I am not. At all. They will fuck her storyline up, I just know it. They will put her with Daniel and she won't share one scene with John or Marlena...except her first...just to tease us.

I hope I'm wrong. :) This is pretty cool.
Yeah, there hasn't been a character return in the last 6 years that they haven't fucked up, so I have absolutely no hope for this to be any different.

OH and then you add the fact that her return, her scenes will be all about Ej and that has me even liking it less.....
I know. All I can think about is my happy dance when Vivian and Carly were brought back...I can't even remember what happened with them...other than warm dumpster beer. :)

Kristen Dimera is a little more sacred to me than Vivian...I don't know how I'll get over it if they screw it up. I have so many awesome storylines in my head on how I'd love to see her return.
JOHN and KRISTEN!! Probably the only time I stopped being a Jarlena shipper! :)

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I loved John and Kristen too and hated Saint Marlena...but I give this go round no shot in succeeding...yes, I'm that jaded by DAYS.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'm happy for you, Kenny! I know you've been waiting for this awesomeness! :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jul 5 2012, 01:28 PM
The @nbcdays tweet could just be an expression. It also could be that the idiots running it know nothing about anything considering how little they actually tweet these days. They're probably just breaking the news after seeing THR article.

I don't even care though, who cares?! We got a quote from Eileen Davidson and that is ALL I care about. This is fantastic news. October 11? That is way sooner than I thought we would see her so this news is even better than expected. I also like that she's coming in first as Kristen and not Susan. It seems better that way. Kristen is the money characters. This is such a good move by DAYS that I almost don't know how to react. I can't wait for Kristen vs. Marlena. Kristen and EJ. Kristen vs. Nicole or Kristen & Nicole (If they fix her character by then). This is all great. I hope Kristen is the one that finally finds 100% proof that Nicole's baby is EJ's. There so much potential for her. Eileen Davidson is going to ROCK this.

I'm dying to hear a real interview from her because that didn't sound overly enthusiastic but it was such a short statement. I hope now that the cat's officially out of the bag that she will start tweeting again. This morning I had a feeling today might bring some DAYS news. They were probably waiting for the holiday to pass.
OMG - just so many angles for the show to go with Kristen...she literally can come in and be the centre of the entire show and have her hands in almost every corner of it. And there is no more capable an actress to handle that challenge than ED.

DAYS has made a MASSIVE step in the right direction with this casting and whoever BTS is responsible, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

This will be great, screw you Y&R for not using her and not realizing her worth.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Also October 11 is a Thursday so for the US show. I expect her debut to come at the end of an episode, but I'm thrilled that we will get a full Friday of her instead of having to wait an entire weekend to actually see her do anything. This is such great news. PLEASE break the Joe Mascolo return soon because that would really put this over the top as an amazing return. I need that Kristen/Stefano dynamic because she's basically all alone right now.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Dakota
Jul 5 2012, 01:33 PM
This will be great, screw you Y&R for not using her and not realizing her worth.
I am saying a HUGE HUGE HUGE "Thank You" to Y&R right now FOR not using her or realizing her worth...its the only reason she is back at DAYS!!

Y&R = :applause:

Kenny
Member Avatar

justforfun
Jul 5 2012, 01:28 PM
I am not familiar with her time on the show.

Ali_James
EJ to Sami: What? That we have this connection together, Samantha? Body and soul. It's forever. That's the truth of the matter.

Is she coming back as Kristen or Susan?

I have seen posters wish for her return to have nothing to do with E.J. But how is that even possible when she is a DiMera and also plays E.J.'s mother?
Edited by Ali_James, Jul 5 2012, 01:37 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

It's Official! Eileen Davidson Returning To 'Days of our Lives'

The biggest secret that's not really a secret is out! Soap vet and fan favorite Eileen Davidson returning to 'Days of our Lives'!

The Hollywood Reporter confirmed exclusively today that the actress will be playing Kristen Blake upon her return. "I'm thrilled to embark on this new adventure at Days at excited to revisit Kristen and who knows who else! Not to mention my old friends in the cast and crew," said the actress to THR.

In May, after rumors began to spread that she was leaving The Young and the Restless, the actress confirmed she was fired by tweeting, "Last week I lost my childcare. This week I lost my job! It all works out because I don't need a babysitter if I'm not working." Surprisingly, no official reason was given for her termination.

Though reports of the actress' inevitable return have been rumored since her firing in May, it was actually Nelson Branco's Soap Uncensored that broke the news its June 26 issue (Issue 26, No. 34). In it, Soap Uncensored reported, "At first, Sony wanted Davidson on both DAYS and Y&R. However sources say that the Y&R writing team refused to share Davidson with DAYS and forced Sony to make a decision, ultimately leading to her Y&R firing." For more on the details on her exit, pick up the June 26th issue of Soap Uncensored.

The actress previously played Kristen Blake from 1993-1998. During her tenure at DAYS, Davidson earned an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress for playing five characters (Kristen, Susan, Sister Mary Moira, Thomas and Penelope).

Davidson was also let go in 2006 by then-executive producers Lynn Marie Latham and Josh Griffith. She would go on to join sister soap The Bold and the Beautiful from 2007-2008 before returning to Y&R in the summer of 2008.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/soaps/news/2779-eileen-davidson-returning-to-days-of-our-lives?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=tvsource
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jul 5 2012, 01:40 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Ali_James
Jul 5 2012, 01:36 PM
Is she coming back as Kristen or Susan?
She said she's revisiting "Kristen and who knows who else." I doubt we'll see all of Susan's siblings, but it'll surprise me if Days passes up the chance to show EJ with his mom.

On your edit - It's not possible, so it's not going to happen. :)
Edited by six, Jul 5 2012, 01:40 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, look who left a comment about this on TVLine.com
Quote:

October is too far away as far as Iím concerned! I canít wait!
Comment by Gary Jr.
Anyone remember him?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Jul 5 2012, 01:41 PM
LoL, look who left a comment about this on TVLine.com
Quote:

October is too far away as far as Iím concerned! I canít wait!
Comment by Gary Jr.
Anyone remember him?
Who is this dude?

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Mitchapalooza
Jul 5 2012, 01:34 PM
Dakota
Jul 5 2012, 01:33 PM
I am saying a HUGE HUGE HUGE "Thank You" to Y&R right now FOR not using her or realizing her worth...its the only reason she is back at DAYS!!

Y&R = :applause:
I am thanking them too. :D

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm a watching the secret room this weekend.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I feel like I'm dreaming. I never thought the day would come that I would log into this board and actually read the headline "Eileen Davidson Returns to Days of Our Lives." This is just surreal to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply