Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Billy Miller Staying?; via Twitter
Topic Started: Jul 6 2012, 04:36 PM (2,698 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Quote:

An interview w/ SID says that Billy Miller will re-new his contract w/ #YR in August. Apparently, YR & Billy came to a mutual agreement.

Billy will take time off from Y&R occassionally to do other acting projects as requested. #YR

Billy, recently returned from Australia after filming a television movie for the Lifetime station. #YR

I just cut/pasted from a friend who sent me the info re: Billy Miller. #YR

but for the rest of the scoop, get your copy of @nelliebranco weekly soap book @soapuncensored :)

https://twitter.com/#!/itsjustdouglas

Nelson Branco ‏@nelliebranco

Quote:

There's a bit more to this Billy Miller renewing, as I hinted a few months back in @SoapUncensored. Find out in next week's issue!

https://twitter.com/#!/nelliebranco

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

what did Nelson hint to? He hinted that he was OUT!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I'm glad to hear Billy is staying, I would seriously miss that impish grin of his.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar
#TeamHorita

Great news! Billy & Amelia have great chemistry and with this contract business out of the way, Billy can be given a new storyline which hopefully does not involve a baby.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Hummmmm :hmmph: I still get a bullshit feeling bout this here especially after watching today's scenery...Anyhow August round the corner so we shall see.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I read an arcticle last week, it was an interview with Billy and it sounded like he was staying. Here are the highlights..

He talks about his status on Y&R.... He says as long as Y&R continues to allow him to do other projects, he believes he can continue on with the role. He just wants to give himself a shot.. He's still enjoying the character of Billy Abbott..

Alexandria
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jul 6 2012, 06:50 PM
Great news! Billy & Amelia have great chemistry and with this contract business out of the way, Billy can be given a new storyline which hopefully does not involve a baby.

I have to disagree Amelia is just not fit for the part she should have been recast when she was considered twice to have been. Many of the characters now have been recast successfully and more than two or three times.

Victoria should be recast it is necessary writing or not the Actor is not what she is suppose to be.

A poster kept saying it was too expensive to recast Victoria with who was wanted in my banner (and they know who they are) but here we have so many newbies and sorasing that was not even needed.
Edited by Alexandria, Jul 9 2012, 07:11 AM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar
#TeamHorita

Alexandria
Jul 9 2012, 06:45 AM
3WishGenie

I have to disagree Amelia is just not fit for the part she should have been recast when she was considered twice to have been. Many of the characters now have been recast successfully and more than two or three times.

Victoria should be recast it is necessary writing or not the Actor is not what she is suppose to be.

A poster kept saying it was too expensive to recast Victoria with who was wanted in my banner (and they know who they are) but here we have so many newbies and sorasing that was not even needed.
I do have to agree with you on that point. The Victoria they are portraying here is nowhere near where she was when Heather Tom was playing her. She is still to this day my favorite Victoria. What I see is that if they did recast her for a stronger portrayal (and I am not against that idea), then I don't think Villy would be viable any longer. But as it stands now, I feel the actors in the roles do have a lot chemistry and I did become a Villy fan because of them.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Daytime! ;)

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I'm torn on this one, I love Billy Miller but I'm just not feeling him in the role anymore. I think it's because he's just going through the motions when he's there and then he's gone too often. It's kind of hard to enjoy his character when he's not around much anymore! I don't blame him one bit for wanting to do other stuff but it's kind of the way I feel about Luke on GH, after a while all those absences just make the character less and less important to the show.

lene
Member Avatar

Alexandria
3WishGenie

Considering Villy has a huge fanbase, and is one of the most loved couples on the show.... Dream on ;)
Edited by lene, Jul 11 2012, 06:17 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Jul 11 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm torn on this one, I love Billy Miller but I'm just not feeling him in the role anymore. I think it's because he's just going through the motions when he's there and then he's gone too often. It's kind of hard to enjoy his character when he's not around much anymore! I don't blame him one bit for wanting to do other stuff but it's kind of the way I feel about Luke on GH, after a while all those absences just make the character less and less important to the show.
I agree. I don't think Billy is into soaps anymore....I can't really blame him considerring the state of YR.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

Alexandria
3WishGenie

Does it matter if they recast Victoria? Every woman on the show is weak and pathetic. Y&R has given nothing but garbage to some of the best and most talented women in daytime in the last few years, making jokes out of the likes of Genie Francis, Maura West, Eden Reigel, Debbi Morgan, etc.

Victoria is what they want her to be - a neurotic, baby-hungry cipher who watches the manly men like Billy and Adam puff out their chests.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 11 2012, 06:30 PM
Crazygirl
Jul 11 2012, 05:58 PM
I agree. I don't think Billy is into soaps anymore....I can't really blame him considerring the state of YR.
They never tried to truly develop Billy. He has never had any real friendships or relationships with his family in the time Miller has played the role. Once it was time for the "fun" of Billy sleeping around to end, Miller seemed to lose all interest.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply