Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adam Lambert,IDOL Judge? Steven AND Jennifer OUT!
Topic Started: Jul 9 2012, 08:52 PM (1,731 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/245689/UPDATED:-Will-Adam-Lambert-Replace-Randy-Jackson-On-American-Idol?.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

He'd be great! He'd be harsh.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel like he always tries really hard so it'd feel...strained. But, whatever works.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Not a fan of his,but who better to judge idol than a former contestant.

LPS
Member Avatar

How about a contestant who won?

I could never stand this screecher!

King
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 10 2012, 05:28 PM
How about a contestant who won?
But all of the winners are off being really famous.... :laugh:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Good point. They'd have to use a winner people remember, who's also somehow available. Fantasia would probably fit the bill but she's likely incoherent (not in a fun Paula way).

At least they aren't getting stupid with it and having, say, viewer tweets read on air in place of judge's commentary.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wish they's just bring Paula back, of course she may not even want to return.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I think IDOL should bring back Paula Abdul too. I think Adam Lambert would also make a great judge. Maybe only one year contracts, switch it up each season. I'd really like Jimmy Iovine to be a judge, but he has stated he wants to remain the mentor. I saw that J-Lo has turned IDOL down, Steven Tyler was probably not returning and Randy Jackson's contract probably not renewed. I think it's a good idea to have all new judges.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If they have to replace all three, I wonder if they'll do what So You Think You Can Dance does. Have two permanent and a third random rotating judge. That might actually make the show cheaper, which could be helpful as the ratings decline.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I heard this morning Jennifer may NOT be leaving.

King
Member Avatar

Steve Tyler is out.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20611500,00.html

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

King
Jul 12 2012, 04:09 PM
GOOD! Nice guy, but he's a terrible judge.

I think Adam would be a great choice. He did a good job mentoring a few years ago.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

King
Jul 12 2012, 04:09 PM
Yay!

He was a bad judge and the way he oogled young underage girls was kinda unpleasant to watch. I hope they try and get someone like Harry Connick Jr who I've always thought would be a good judge and I think he was up for it before.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't know who would be a good judge. I feel like they need someone from the non-performing side of the industry. A producer, maybe. Someone who's used to judging talent and nurturing it so that they can make money.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's definitely time for an overhaul. I'd actually watch again with Adam as a judge. I don't know why. I'd want to see it. I think he'd do really well. My mom really liked him. I was never a huge fan, just simply because of how pimped out he was.

Nicki Minaj would also make an interesting judge. Her name has been thrown out there.

JLO and Steven, IMO, were nice transitional judges, who did the job and renewed a little interest in Idol, but that's the thing. They were just too nice, IMO. I really do think this should be a starting over point for Idol. They need to drop Randy, too.

I also agree Paula should come back. Fox should be begging her and paying her whatever she wants. I'm really shocked they haven't.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Glad to see Steven is out...he was nice...but he sucked as judge.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to separate the talent scouting from the ongoing judging?

I feel like Lopez and Tyler were great at finding talent, it was the ongoing stuff they were terrible at. And if they separate the two aspects, they might avoid some of the weird bias- the judges wouldn't be quite as invested in the contestant.

King
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 12 2012, 06:11 PM
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to separate the talent scouting from the ongoing judging?

I feel like Lopez and Tyler were great at finding talent, it was the ongoing stuff they were terrible at. And if they separate the two aspects, they might avoid some of the weird bias- the judges wouldn't be quite as invested in the contestant.
That's an interesting idea.

I kinda like that.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love ST,but I wanna see more Aerosmith music and hard to do that when constantly wrapped up with IDOL.

I think Carrie Underwood would be a great judge.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply