Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adam Lambert,IDOL Judge? Steven AND Jennifer OUT!
Topic Started: Jul 9 2012, 08:52 PM (1,741 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Jul 12 2012, 06:11 PM
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to separate the talent scouting from the ongoing judging?

I feel like Lopez and Tyler were great at finding talent, it was the ongoing stuff they were terrible at. And if they separate the two aspects, they might avoid some of the weird bias- the judges wouldn't be quite as invested in the contestant.
I REALLY like that idea. I actually think they should let record executives handle that part of it and then make the judging panel one record producer and two singers/performers. That would be good and would vary things up and help avoid bias.

I liked Stephen but he wasn't a judge. He never even behaved like one. He was more a motivational speaker who also was an entertainer with all his puns and one liners. I will say that like JLo he knew how to select talent. He helped put through some great vocalists in the past 2 years and he always seemed to push vocal talent over everything else. For that, I will miss him. He was funny and entertaining to watch too.

I would like Lopez to come back but it's not make it or break it for me. My issue was that within the Tyler/Lopez/Jackson panel, Lopez was the only one who offered up any good advice. Now that it looks like Tyler and Jackson are out, you can move on without her providing you get a judge or two who can be critical and offer up good advice. I don't agree that they should get Paula back because, to me, she would bring nothing. She didn't even help X-Factor. I think what works now is bringing on performers who are CURRENT and can actually offer up good advice and mentoring. For instance, like your seeing on The Voice/X-Factor/Duets with people like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, CLo Green, Kelly Clarkson, etc as judges/mentors. They have personality but also are RELEVANT. Idol got lucky because JLo still was and I think that helped but I think they could do better. That is why bringing on Adam Lambert would work. He was great as a mentor a few seasons ago and he's relevant. Plus, I've always felt bringing in a former contestant was something the show needed. He offers that unique perspective and, given how upped the performance standard on the show, I think he could be very helpful to the contestants. If only Kelly Clarkson wasn't doing Duets because it would be great to get her.

The good news is it looks likely Randy is off the panel FINALLY. I never thought it would happen but it's time to go. Whoever said these 3 worked well as transitional judges was right. Randy worked in that role, especially. No one was sure what would happen after season 9 but these 3 helped pull the show through and Randy was especially needed for familiarity. However, now it's clear the show can reboot and move on. It does seem like Randy will stay on in a mentor role and that's fine. Have him work opposite Jimmy. That could be fun.

There are also rumors of Mariah Carey as a judge. Not sure about her. At least one person on the panel has to be a little crazy. We need a "Paula" or "Stephen." Maybe Nicki Minaj or someone similar could fill that role. There are rumors of Katy Perry, who wasn't bad a few seasons ago as a guest judge, and even Charlie Sheen (which would be a travesty). This should get interesting :laugh: .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Adam Lambert is about as relevant as David Cook.

Team Mariah. Maybe Mariah will get drunk and act bitchy LOL. Wasn't that about the movie Precious? Paula on steriods.

JLO's advice SUCKEd. All she said was "that's wonderful baby".
Edited by LPS, Jul 13 2012, 10:30 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jennifer confirmed on Ryan's radio show she is OUT too.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2018679121_apustvamericanidolcrisis.html
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

Sad about JLO,she was the only female judge that i could stand.Couldn't stand Paula,Kara and Ellen (i love her) but she was an awful judge.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I hear Aretha Franklin is interested.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jul 15 2012, 09:26 PM
i wouldnt mind having her.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Alin89
Jul 16 2012, 12:13 AM
BalscoFan5
I can't even imagine having her as a judge. What do you think she'd be like?

Alin89
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 16 2012, 12:27 AM
Alin89
Jul 16 2012, 12:13 AM
BalscoFan5
I can't even imagine having her as a judge. What do you think she'd be like?
atleast she has many yrs of experince. she would be the strict one for sure.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I think Aretha would be very strict and critical, but also sweet and caring

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Glad both of them are out!

King
Member Avatar

I really like J. Lo, but she wasn't a good fit for Idol, IMO.

She RARELY gave any feedback.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i want randy to leave too and ryan too i want a brand new idol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Jul 16 2012, 07:55 PM

I thought she gave good advice once in awhile but it was usually only to the contestants she clearly liked and, most of the time, they were men. She was the best female judge they've had though. At least she was competent (unlike Paula) and not trying too hard (unlike Ellen and Kara).

Stephen never provided anything worthwhile as a judge aside from being encouraging and providing one liners and puns. Randy was ok in spots during season 10 but, by the end of season 10 and for all of season 11, he was terrible. He played favorites and only seemed to judge the people he didn't like.

A new panel is needed and, hopefully, they won't play favorites or not do it as blatantly.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 17 2012, 10:18 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

BalscoFan5
Ugh, NO! I wouldn't like that at all.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Jul 16 2012, 07:55 PM

What? You don't call what's in my avatar, feedback?

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I am glad that Steven and JLo is out, nice people, but they were horrible judges. Don't care for Adam as a judge, AI just continues to slide. They should get big names like Pattie Labelle. Someone who can actually judge, heck bring in Reba Macintyre, I bet she would be a better judge than JLo. At least both females can sing and have the pipes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply