Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 23rd; *UPDATED 7/17*
Topic Started: Jul 12 2012, 09:43 AM (56,815 Views)
sassyblonde
Member Avatar

I would venture to say that there are many people who parlay their good looks to jump up the ladder on little in the way of qualifications. If you catch the eye of the owner or the boss and you are willing to use it , the sky is the limit. I've personally watched a gal who dd not graduate from high school become secretly or not so secretly involved with a married man, destroy his marriage and then jump frog over people with not only education but years of hands on experience. It then becomes the job of everyone in the company to train this person. If they are intelligent they learn and eventually earn their position and the grudging respect sometimes of others. So it can happen and does. Some people either thru poor upbringing or lazyness don't get a formal education early in life and then have to educate themselves. Sami is the type of gal who inspires men to give her things and then she is screwd enough to run with it. It's just another form of nepotism
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

A man did not get Sami started with these cosmetics companies. Two women did.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Sami did not earn CW in any form or shape. Billie started the company with Kate's help (can't remember how much). Kate revived the company after many years using Dimera money, Kate betrayed Stefano and as punishment he gave it to Sami her nemesis. She hired Lucas weeks/days later and we've never seen her work a day since because she spends so much time comforting EJ, tag teaming with Will to help EJ, screeching at her sister and/or sleeping with Lucas.

Sami is not doing anything right now to prove she is business savy or even competent. I bet Lucas is the one slaving away in the office all day while she is out galavanting around town playing Nancy Drew. This business s/l is a dead end, with Lucas fired who's/who will running the company?
Edited by NikiLani, Jul 23 2012, 08:22 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Jul 23 2012, 08:21 AM
Sami did not earn CW in any form or shape. Billie started the company with Kate's help (can't remember how much). Kate revived the company after many years using Dimera money, Kate betrayed Stefano and as punishment he gave it to Sami her nemesis. She hired Lucas weeks/days later and we've never seen her work a day since because she spends so much time comforting EJ, tag teaming with Will to help EJ, screeching at her sister and/or sleeping with Lucas.

Sami is not doing anything right now to prove she is business savy or even competent. I bet Lucas is the one slaving away in the office all day while she is out galavanting around town playing Nancy Drew. This business s/l is a dead end, with Lucas fired who's/who will running the company?
Exactly. Wasn't it Lucas not long ago who was on the phone about orders for the company and Sami was standing there acting like she didn't have a clue about what was happening. The whole business/Sami having a job had potential, but like so much of the other stuff Mardar wrote, was just a plot point going nowhere.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sami running the pub- believable. Sami starting a shop in the HTS- believable. Sami being given the CEO position in a big cosmetics company when you have no style and dress in hausfrau attire- not believable. Sami taking the job after playing the part of "Peter" in Peter and the Wolf with the DiMeras-unbeliavable.

spartan
Member Avatar

I think it was 2008 when Sami went to put a resume together because she was going to get a job. This was right before she found out she was pregnant with Syd. She was totally knocking herself because she had no skill set to boast of on her resume but she wanted to work and earn her own way. EJ was helping her try and put it together and also trying to boost her ego a bit because she was really down on herself. It only lasted a couple scenes but I wish they showed that side of Sami more. I like seeing glimpses of her insecurities to remind me of why I root for her.

If memory serves, she also did a great job at Mythic for her short stint there.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Jul 23 2012, 08:45 AM
rpmaluki
Jul 23 2012, 08:21 AM

Exactly. Wasn't it Lucas not long ago who was on the phone about orders for the company and Sami was standing there acting like she didn't have a clue about what was happening. The whole business/Sami having a job had potential, but like so much of the other stuff Mardar wrote, was just a plot point going nowhere.
But then just last week we saw Sami on a business call trying to resolve a hot issue and Lucas ripping the phone out of her hand and disconnecting the call so he could make out with her.

How much or how little characters are shown actually working really comes down to the writing. EJ is the Mayor, yet we've never seen him at City Hall, the Mayor's office or sitting in a council meeting. John and Brady are seemingly running Basic Black from Jarlena's townhouse or the Brady Pub. All the business done at Mad World seems to happen in the conference room. Where are the Titan offices again? And who exactly is running that company?

I'd love to see more focus given on the business lives of all the characters. But I think it's disingenuous to hold Sami to a standard higher than every other character because we rarely see her 'at work'.

julieg1977
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jul 21 2012, 09:41 AM
brazen
Jul 20 2012, 05:18 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 20 2012, 05:17 PM
brazen
Jul 20 2012, 05:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
We do know the bullets were planted by Ian - they showed that as part of his flashbacks revealing he's the one setting EJ up.

And EJ in jeans... :blush:
Ok, thanks! There you go so they even showed "the man" had no stash of bullets in his drawer.
EJ always has a live round of bullets in his drawers.....
OMG this made me laugh so hard! :lol:

julieg1977
Member Avatar

Tara
Jul 22 2012, 04:56 AM
Maybe EJ was thinking she could use a better support bra.
Yeah, his hands...

julieg1977
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2012, 05:21 PM
Kali
Jul 22 2012, 04:59 PM
deVour
Jul 22 2012, 04:29 PM
Caylee
Jul 22 2012, 02:51 PM

I have a bad feeling about this. Gabi gets away with this crap because of all the confusion after the explosion. But the guilt gets to her, she comes forward and apologizes and everyone forgives her cuz she had the guts to own her actions. I'm begging ya DAYS, if you do this, please, at the very least, let Mel beat her to a bloody pulb before everyone forgives her. That's all I ask, just a few brusies, a little blood shed, some broken bones, nothing permanent; just a little something to make up for the misery of watching that godawful SL.

Gabi needs to meet a bad end. Seriously. I know Days has had success with characters doing bad things yet remaining sympathetic (EJ, Nicole, Sami in her younger years), but there is nothing sympathetic about Gabi. She is not redeemable and needs to meet a horrible end soon.
I think the last 61 pages have shown that they haven't had much success with that with anyone.
This is where I disagree. They have had success with it. Notice whom everyone is arguing about wanting with their guy or gal. EJ, Sami, and Nicole are all being fought over for a pairing. Sure people don't like the bad things they did when they need to use it in their argument AGAINST a different pairing, but they easily shrug off bad behaviors which may have kept their couple apart. I too am sick of the debate, but I must admit that EJ, Sami, and Nicole are popular characters. If they hadn't been a success on the show, people would be indifferent to them, not arguing all the reasons they should be with X or Y.
I get that EJ can be a real asshole, and I like it. I get that Sami can be a real bitch, liar, and conniver, and I like it. I get that they are abusive to each other. I still like them. I get that Nicole is a whore and a manipulator. I still like her. There are definate reasons I don't like EJole, but they may be the exact reasons others like them, and I am fine with that. You like what you like, and being as how this is a fictional show, I don't think merely liking a character or a couple says anything about you in real life. (Now the arguments posted on message boards often do say soething about that, but that is neither here nor there.) My point is that there are plenty of people who love Sami, EJ, and Nicole either seperately or with someone in a pairing, and those characters are pretty much the leads on this show. I'm sure some will argue that this is why Days sucks, but again I say to people, if you hate them that badly, stop talking about them. The fact that people are talking about them leads TPTB to believe they are watching them which tells them that these characters are a success. And please don't bring up "ratings" to me because I don't give a rats ass about those. There is no way to actually measure them and this is an hour long show about multiple characters and storylines so saying that ratings are a success or failure because of one character or couple seems silly to me. And yes, I even think this when an EJami day gets "good ratings" or even when a Lumi, EJole or Safe day gets bad ones...

julieg1977
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2012, 06:13 PM
Kali
Jul 22 2012, 06:08 PM
lysie
Kali

I think the last 61 pages have shown that they haven't had much success with that with anyone.
I disagree. I think some significant portions of the audience find EJ, Nicole, and (at some points in the past) Sami to be sympathetic, despite their evil deeds. Otherwise we wouldn't be continually having debates about them. No one defends Gabi, that I've seen. No one talks about understanding why she's doing what she's doing. She should have no future on this show. Andrew is much more sympathetic than Gabi is. I'd rather he remain on the show than her.
I'm not disagreeing that people find those characters sympathetic. But I do think it's mostly different people for each character with some overlap. When it comes to Gabi, the problem IMO isn't that she did horrible things and is unsympathetic. The problem is that online, very few people seem to give a rip about her, lol. That was before she did this. I personally don't even care that she did. I don't care about what she did to Chad or Melanie either. It was just a poor decision to have such an irrelevant character play such an important part in this story. She's incredibly expendable, but my guess is she's going to be treated like she matter when we come back from the break.
And clearly I wrote my last post before I read this. lol ;)

julieg1977
Member Avatar

Alana
Jul 22 2012, 07:25 PM
tomsawyer
Jul 22 2012, 07:09 PM
Alana
Jul 22 2012, 06:53 PM
Alana
Jul 22 2012, 06:48 PM

Thanks for NOT answering me...LMAO
I'm not sure I'm following the conversation correctly since you quoted yourself, but Michelle did answer your question. Sami does not have a degee. She did not go to college.

I'm not sure about high school. I know she went to her high school prom with Lucas, but I don't remember her graduation.
Thanks to all of you answering me....but ...showing off my niece...lol...she is going to going study architecture...LMO about Sami Brady!
I am so confused right now. I missed anything in this thread about your niece until this post. I still fail to see what that would have to do with this conversation. Again, I am confused what you are saying. Can you clarify?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

julieg1977
Jul 23 2012, 10:22 AM
lysie
Kali
deVour
Jul 22 2012, 04:29 PM

Gabi needs to meet a bad end. Seriously. I know Days has had success with characters doing bad things yet remaining sympathetic (EJ, Nicole, Sami in her younger years), but there is nothing sympathetic about Gabi. She is not redeemable and needs to meet a horrible end soon.
This is where I disagree. They have had success with it. Notice whom everyone is arguing about wanting with their guy or gal. EJ, Sami, and Nicole are all being fought over for a pairing. Sure people don't like the bad things they did when they need to use it in their argument AGAINST a different pairing, but they easily shrug off bad behaviors which may have kept their couple apart. I too am sick of the debate, but I must admit that EJ, Sami, and Nicole are popular characters. If they hadn't been a success on the show, people would be indifferent to them, not arguing all the reasons they should be with X or Y.
I get that EJ can be a real asshole, and I like it. I get that Sami can be a real bitch, liar, and conniver, and I like it. I get that they are abusive to each other. I still like them. I get that Nicole is a whore and a manipulator. I still like her. There are definate reasons I don't like EJole, but they may be the exact reasons others like them, and I am fine with that. You like what you like, and being as how this is a fictional show, I don't think merely liking a character or a couple says anything about you in real life. (Now the arguments posted on message boards often do say soething about that, but that is neither here nor there.) My point is that there are plenty of people who love Sami, EJ, and Nicole either seperately or with someone in a pairing, and those characters are pretty much the leads on this show. I'm sure some will argue that this is why Days sucks, but again I say to people, if you hate them that badly, stop talking about them. The fact that people are talking about them leads TPTB to believe they are watching them which tells them that these characters are a success. And please don't bring up "ratings" to me because I don't give a rats ass about those. There is no way to actually measure them and this is an hour long show about multiple characters and storylines so saying that ratings are a success or failure because of one character or couple seems silly to me. And yes, I even think this when an EJami day gets "good ratings" or even when a Lumi, EJole or Safe day gets bad ones...
I agree with you to an extinct but I never really bought the saying "you justify crimes because you are a fan of the couple and you slam couples for the same crimes cause you are not rooting for them". As an Ejami fan, I don't like all what they did to each other either, that does not take away my liking for them. But personally I hated the Santo/Collen story, that was the most boring overacting story that seemed like it lasted for years. I hated the fake accents, clothes and just the whole black and white travesty. I think that was the only time when I really hated Ejami together, though that love scene with them was hot...but that is besides the point.

I think that we are all guilty of loving our favorites and finding reasons to support them but not all of are guilty of overlooking some things, just for the sake of them being our favorite. I never overlooked anything in regards of any couple, whether it is Ejami who I love or Safe who I hate. In fact I use to be a fan of Safe, in the very beginning, even rooting for them. My reasons on abandoning them has a lot to do with how their story changed but I always acknowledged how I once was a fan of them. It is similar to Ejole, I enjoyed them together for a long time but apart of me has always wanted Ejami to prevail.

Speaking of characters development, I never was a fan of Sami originally but her with Ej makes her bearable cause I think they are cut from the same cloth. I was always a fan of Ej but hated many of the things he did but never stopped rooting for him. For me the only way for me is to stop rooting for Ej is if he changed into this good ol boring guy, YUCK! I like the witty, handsome Ej that can do whatever he wants to get away with it but still have a good side.

I thought I was over Ejami after Sami shot him in cold blood, but BAM now I want them together more then ever :P I can't explain their chemistry but it is like they just keep pulling me back in,I have this magnetic attraction that pulls me closer to them. But this is not to say that I overlook the crimes they did to each other, I accept them and still love them.

Not everyone ignore crimes for the sake of being a favorite,some acknowledge them and STILL want their favorites together. ;)

julieg1977
Member Avatar

sassyblonde
Jul 22 2012, 09:12 PM
Well not many people on the show are truly believable in the roles they have. Madison as a CEO was laughable. I've been a CEO and if I ever dressed or acted like Madison my stock holders would be looking for a replacement. As I tell my husband all the time , in order to enjoy the show at all you have to put your brains in the freezer or you will be screaming at the set. It's fantasy where anything and anyone can be or screw anyone else.
Thank you! I am a business owner and a teacher and I am not bothered by these people having these jobs. I mean cops do not dine at places like Chez Rouge in ball gowns much either, but everyone seems to be able to afford those things on this show. I have never looked at a soap to be true to life.

julieg1977
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jul 23 2012, 10:37 AM
julieg1977
Jul 23 2012, 10:22 AM
lysie
Kali

I agree with you to an extinct but I never really bought the saying "you justify crimes because you are a fan of the couple and you slam couples for the same crimes cause you are not rooting for them". As an Ejami fan, I don't like all what they did to each other either, that does not take away my liking for them. But personally I hated the Santo/Collen story, that was the most boring overacting story that seemed like it lasted for years. I hated the fake accents, clothes and just the whole black and white travesty. I think that was the only time when I really hated Ejami together, though that love scene with them was hot...but that is besides the point.

I think that we are all guilty of loving our favorites and finding reasons to support them but not all of are guilty of overlooking some things, just for the sake of them being our favorite. I never overlooked anything in regards of any couple, whether it is Ejami who I love or Safe who I hate. In fact I use to be a fan of Safe, in the very beginning, even rooting for them. My reasons on abandoning them has a lot to do with how their story changed but I always acknowledged how I once was a fan of them. It is similar to Ejole, I enjoyed them together for a long time but apart of me has always wanted Ejami to prevail.

Speaking of characters development, I never was a fan of Sami originally but her with Ej makes her bearable cause I think they are cut from the same cloth. I was always a fan of Ej but hated many of the things he did but never stopped rooting for him. For me the only way for me is to stop rooting for Ej is if he changed into this good ol boring guy, YUCK! I like the witty, handsome Ej that can do whatever he wants to get away with it but still have a good side.

I thought I was over Ejami after Sami shot him in cold blood, but BAM now I want them together more then ever :P I can't explain their chemistry but it is like they just keep pulling me back in,I have this magnetic attraction that pulls me closer to them. But this is not to say that I overlook the crimes they did to each other, I accept them and still love them.

Not everyone ignore crimes for the sake of being a favorite,some acknowledge them and STILL want their favorites together. ;)
Right, I didn't say you justify the actions of your favorites, I said you shrug them off and find them easier to get over. I am saying that I don't always like EJ and Sami's abuse of each other, but as I said, I STILL like them. Meaning that I don't agree with all of their behaviors, but I like them together anyhow for one reason or another. So I think we are of the same mind. I think...lol :D

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 19 2012, 02:35 PM
Liz<3Days
Jul 19 2012, 02:30 PM
Well, it could be that these are MarDars outlines of their story and TomSell wrote some of it. I would bet on Jason's info, then SOD. SOD doesnt have a good track record of being accurate.
Hmmm...so far it's still MarDar in the credits as of 7/24. That matches up with what I said the script has for 7/27 (MarDar).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

sassyblonde
Jul 22 2012, 07:28 PM
lysie
Jul 22 2012, 06:13 PM
Kali
Jul 22 2012, 06:08 PM
lysie

I disagree. I think some significant portions of the audience find EJ, Nicole, and (at some points in the past) Sami to be sympathetic, despite their evil deeds. Otherwise we wouldn't be continually having debates about them. No one defends Gabi, that I've seen. No one talks about understanding why she's doing what she's doing. She should have no future on this show. Andrew is much more sympathetic than Gabi is. I'd rather he remain on the show than her.
I'm not disagreeing that people find those characters sympathetic. But I do think it's mostly different people for each character with some overlap. When it comes to Gabi, the problem IMO isn't that she did horrible things and is unsympathetic. The problem is that online, very few people seem to give a rip about her, lol. That was before she did this. I personally don't even care that she did. I don't care about what she did to Chad or Melanie either. It was just a poor decision to have such an irrelevant character play such an important part in this story. She's incredibly expendable, but my guess is she's going to be treated like she matter when we come back from the break.

Alot of people don't find Rafe particularly interesting either but its not our call apparently. We have too many men in the same age group , none of whom with the exception of EJ excite passion in woman. I know its subjective at best but i really miss JKJ as Philip . He and EJ were both not only great looking but had an edge that I found irresistable. Bringing in GV should help alot in that department as he is new and hasn't bedded every available female in salem like Dr Dan has. They have got to make Brady more interesting or get rid of him. They try and make us think he is sexy by having him walk around half naked al the time but he doesn't float my boat as he is overexposed and seems to only have scenes in the bedroom or having sex in the boardroom,. He is not fleshed out enough. i don't know how you bring in new women though when all have been busts so far Taylor , Madison. The only one I liked was Arianna but not with Brady..he sucked the life out of her. I liked her with EJ as his friend confidente. For the most part the casting director does not share my taste in men as Jay Leno JR is soooooooo no tattractive, Lucas is not someone I would lust after, and Chad who has potential is sporting the EJ hair disaster from the past so he is a fail in the looks department too.
"Beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.I think Lucas,Rafe,and Daniel are all good looking.I honestly don't think Lucas shouts any more than others who are portraying anger.
I think Gabi is pretty and I hope she gets a better story line after the break.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I'm hoping this big cliff hanger will mean the exit for several characters. Especially the younger set. I have never seen a show that doesn't make actual talent for acting a priority when hiring actors/actresses as much as this show. Those that have real talent usually get shoved aside for those that can't. Example: Gabi. A weak secondary at best given her own summer story.
The only thing I have noticed about recent episodes is that AS should never wear bright green or crimp her hair, ever. It's all I could see during her scenes with JS.
Also I think Will is seriously crushing on EJ. His interest in his welfare goes beyond money to be this supportive of him after trying to kill him just a couple of years back and spending years hating him. I wonder how that would sit with his mom.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply