Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, July 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 12 2012, 01:18 PM (9,394 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jul 15 2012, 11:34 AM
And no one want to see the bad guys triumph over the good guys yet again.
This is not accurate. There are definitely people that want to see the bad guys triumph over the good guys again. They post about it regularly at DR.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 15 2012, 12:29 PM
Aliaron
This is not accurate. There are definitely people that want to see the bad guys triumph over the good guys again. They post about it regularly at DR.
Only because he is hot and British...and a really poor ass excuse for a "bad guy" at the moment. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I usually want the good guys to triumph but, let's face it, Days' good guys suck.

Rafe? Not only is he boring, he's annoying. But mostly he's just really, really dull. Where is his complexity? What does he do besides stand around smirking, watching other people investigate cases and falling in love with other men's children and wives? He's a total snore inducer.

Bo/Hope? They're great and . . . no, wait. They were great. Now they've become contract players who do nothing but play plot device to other peoples' storylines. Not real root-able.

Roman? If possible, he might appear dumber than Rafe. His moralizing is a major turn-off and I'd rather see his character get smashed in the face with a pie (or a fist; either way) than ever come out of top of a bad guy.

Back in the day, I did root for the cops on the Salem PD. They were heros, and they were interesting. Now they just suck.

Contrast that with our bad guys, and it gets even worse. EJ might be the show's bad guy, but he's shown to have a heart, and so it's easy to root for him. The only hardcore bad guys that we had are all gone (Stef, Ian).
Edited by EJamandBread, Jul 15 2012, 02:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

brazen
Member Avatar

Quote:

Who are even the good? Stupid police detectives out on their personal vendetta's isn't good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 15 2012, 01:54 PM
tomsawyer
Aliaron
Only because he is hot and British...and a really poor ass excuse for a "bad guy" at the moment. :shame:
I dont consider EJ a bad guy now...please...I wish he was doing something bad. All he's going is talking with his little buddy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Alligato
tomsawyer
Aliaron
As a straight guy, I don't care about how "hot" he is, that is irrelevant.

Maybe it is because James is a good actor and his character actually keeps me interested. ;)

I don't think Ej is a bad or good guy but in between.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Jul 15 2012, 09:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

Liz<3Days
Jul 15 2012, 02:13 PM
Alligato
tomsawyer
Aliaron
I dont consider EJ a bad guy now...please...I wish he was doing something bad. All he's going is talking with his little buddy.
Lmao
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Aliaron
I only want to see Kristen triumph over Salem. I also want her to triumph over EJ. Yup, she's about the only person I want to win....and maybe Hope. She should get some hot Patrick-type but can actually act guy, who can fill in for Bo until it turns out Bo's alive somewhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kali
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 15 2012, 12:10 PM
blueskies
Jul 14 2012, 08:33 PM
Oy, I just remembered why I stay out of the daily threads.....I hope someone kills Sami/she becomes a nun so we can end this war over her.

So much this!! I used to love the daily threads, but now... :shame: WhatTF is going on? :shrug:

Actually got to watch Friday's show and it was awful.
Lucas has every right to order the man who is blackmailing his son and raped his wife to stay away from his family. It's freaky how much interest EJ has in Will...a father should be concerned.
As tired as I am of the 2008 dialogue between EJ/Lucas/Sami, can't blame Lucas here. Sami has lost her brains if she thinks EJ is innocent. Major dumb down here, but whatever. I don't give a shit about Sami so she can be the idiot.

And Melanie/Gabi/Andrew storyline is worthless. I don't give a shit about Melanie or anything that happens to her.

It is painfully obvious as to why the writers were fired. The show sucks!
But EJ IS innocent. On Monday it's revealed that Ian is framing EJ. And who the hell would care if EJ were guilty? This is Stefano's murder! If Rafe or Marlena had killed him the Salem PD would throw them a goddamn ticker tape parade.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

The topic of this thread is Friday's show. Sometimes threads veer off-topic, but if there is baiting and fanbase arguments, then unfortunately we have to bring it back on topic. If you have something to say about Friday's show specifically, feel free to add it here. Thanks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kali
Jul 16 2012, 07:33 AM
Alligato
blueskies
Oy, I just remembered why I stay out of the daily threads.....I hope someone kills Sami/she becomes a nun so we can end this war over her.

So much this!! I used to love the daily threads, but now... :shame: WhatTF is going on? :shrug:

Lucas has every right to order the man who is blackmailing his son and raped his wife to stay away from his family. It's freaky how much interest EJ has in Will...a father should be concerned.
As tired as I am of the 2008 dialogue between EJ/Lucas/Sami, can't blame Lucas here. Sami has lost her brains if she thinks EJ is innocent. Major dumb down here, but whatever. I don't give a shit about Sami so she can be the idiot.

And Melanie/Gabi/Andrew storyline is worthless. I don't give a shit about Melanie or anything that happens to her.

But EJ IS innocent. On Monday it's revealed that Ian is framing EJ. And who the hell would care if EJ were guilty? This is Stefano's murder! If Rafe or Marlena had killed him the Salem PD would throw them a goddamn ticker tape parade.
Doesn't matter.
Sami thought EJ was innocent in the Sydnapping, and he played her ass. Sami thought EJ was innocent when it came to Rafe2, and he ended up proxy raping her ass. Sami thought EJ was innocent with Will when he was really blackmailing his ass.
So to watch Sami so easily brush off the idea that EJ would shoot Stefano and to prove that he didn't is a brain dead, idiotic, spineless thing for her to do. But whatever. Like I said, Sami is an idiot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 16 2012, 09:02 AM
Kali
Jul 16 2012, 07:33 AM
Alligato
blueskies

Doesn't matter.
Sami thought EJ was innocent in the Sydnapping, and he played her ass. Sami thought EJ was innocent when it came to Rafe2, and he ended up proxy raping her ass. Sami thought EJ was innocent with Will when he was really blackmailing his ass.
So to watch Sami so easily brush off the idea that EJ would shoot Stefano and to prove that he didn't is a brain dead, idiotic, spineless thing for her to do. But whatever. Like I said, Sami is an idiot.
Couldn't agree with you more. Sami always been an idiot when it comes to Ej and I doubt this time will be any different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic