Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, July 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 12 2012, 01:18 PM (9,294 Views)
Helpless Romantic

Brenda1950
Jul 12 2012, 02:06 PM
:frustration: What a bunch of crap ...The SPD are thoroughly searching EJ's apartment and don't find the man hiding there. :toetap: ..MarDar wrote a lot of disjointed shit. :'(
That makes no sense to boot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

the show always feel the need to do character assassination woth other characters when they pimp ej and sami its nothing new
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Each episode we get more and more proof why MarDar were fired. :shame:

Good luck surviving Days this show has become one clusterfuck of a joke.
Goto Top

LMLiz
Member Avatar

Since the show survived during the Ejole/Safe days i think they will do just fine if not better with Ejami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 12 2012, 01:36 PM
Shouty McShouterson is in da house!

So glad Sami actually stood up for herself and basically told him to shut the hell up. Pity he doesn't listen to her. Not that it's anything new.

Looking forward to EJ's confrontation with the Keystone Kops.

Thanks for posting the write ups, ladies!
I just watched the DA clips, and Shouty McShouterson is definitely alive and well! I wish Bryan had chosen to play these scenes differently ...with a calm and confident demeanor and a touch of sarcasm. Instead, I thought he came across as belligerent. I was looking forward to this confrontation, but it wasn't epic. It was disappointing.

Thanks for the write ups, ladies.
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 12 2012, 02:27 PM
SocRMum1

So glad Sami actually stood up for herself and basically told him to shut the hell up. Pity he doesn't listen to her. Not that it's anything new.

I just watched the DA clips, and Shouty McShouterson is definitely alive and well! I wish Bryan had chosen to play these scenes differently ...with a calm and confident demeanor and a touch of sarcasm. Instead, I thought he came across as belligerent. I was looking forward to this confrontation, but it wasn't epic. It was disappointing.

how do you know its bryan chosen to play these scenes like that he may be told to play them like that
Offline Profile Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 12 2012, 02:27 PM
SocRMum1

Belligerent, jealous and totally insecure is what I saw in Lucas. Oh and annoying as hell, like a gnat that won't go away. I do really appreciate the nudge that almost caused EJ to finally admit how he really feels. But I suppose that will come soon enough.

Shouty needs to take down the volume. Screeching is not that attractive from anyone. And I'm really angry that his rude intrusion stopped the great EJami hug I was enjoying.

Thanks for the recaps.

Offline Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

did Ian slip Lucas some of Brady's angry pills because why is he shouting all the time?? Must be Angry Little Man Syndrome"
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

Lucas' reaction makes more sense to me than most of what I've seen in the last three months.

I always suspend logic when I watch this show, especially so I can enjoy who I enjoy (this goes for anything, really).

But his jealousy and the insecurity - yep - makes sense.

I hate that Lucas is in this place again. It's a travesty and Bryan deserves better than to be a prop in this storyline. Give him a new story! He's leading material to me and should be allowed to show it!

I'm so upset about this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

This is really random but I'd wish if Lucas lost a bit of weight. He doesn't have a neck to speak of right now. :embarrassed:
Online Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

MericP
Jul 12 2012, 03:02 PM
Lucas' reaction makes more sense to me than most of what I've seen in the last three months.

I always suspend logic when I watch this show, especially so I can enjoy who I enjoy (this goes for anything, really).

I hate that Lucas is in this place again. It's a travesty and Bryan deserves better than to be a prop in this storyline. Give him a new story! He's leading material to me and should be allowed to show it!

I'm so upset about this.
I appreciate your saying these things about Lucas/Bryan. I am so upset that Lucas is back in this place too, and that Bryan's return has, other than some great scenes during Will's coming out, pretty much amounted to this. I think it's a travesty too.

I am not pleased with his insecurity and jealousy either. But I know those feelings are there. Probably some pretty justifiable anger, I think. But anyway the reaction makes sense to me too. I hate this pitting. Lucas wasn't necessary of they wanted to go with Ejami. But as long as EJ is around like he is (right next door, Sami's boss, Sami's landlord, basically, etc.), and Sami has conflicted feelings, sigh....why did they have a Lumi reunion under circumstances like these? Annoying to say the least.

Tomorrow's scenes with those three sound awful.
Edited by elci525, Jul 12 2012, 03:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

MericP
Jul 12 2012, 03:02 PM

I'm so upset about this.
why Lucas' reaction makes more sense have to jealousy and the insecurity with ej
why can just hate him he try to him and his brother phillp and all other bad stuff ej did to people lucas care and love and ect...

lucas not just been prop for this storyline he slowly been destroy for it

they can not give lucas to right been on same level of half in the confrontation for example ej can mention lucas live away but lucas can not even mention the creep fake ej hire to replace rafe scarred ali they will do anything lucas like idiot compare to ej

even lucas will not be involved with at all with sami i still sure he get this writing if plan pimp ej and sami

Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

The one thing I took away from the EJ Sami and Lucas scenes is that it's a competition to Lucas. I don't know if he truly even wants Sami. He came off very insecure and threaten. He dosent want to lose to EJ IMO. I kind of felt sorry for shorty there for a moment....then i didnt feel a damn thing after the whole protecting his family thing. What about Johnny and Syndey?! I could have did without the whole screeching thing also. I can't believe the writers expect me to take Lucas vs EJ serious? Hehehehehe . Also loved EJs slip up :wub: :cheer: :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Meric is a huge Lucas fan..., she was a LUMI fan once upon a time, now she isn't but her love for BD will never die. I respect her a lot for that.

On the write up, I just need to say that this show is soooo stupid! I'm watching for Lucas at this point and hoping he just kills EJ. I don't care anymore..someone do it, Lucad, John, anyone
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 12 2012, 03:35 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Ej_Sami
Jul 12 2012, 03:24 PM
The one thing I took away from the EJ Sami and Lucas scenes is that it's a competition to Lucas. I don't know if he truly even wants Sami. He came off very insecure and threaten. He dosent want to lose to EJ IMO. I kind of felt sorry for shorty there for a moment....then i didnt feel a damn thing after the whole protecting his family thing. What about Johnny and Syndey?! I could have did without the whole screeching thing also. I can't believe the writers expect me to take Lucas vs EJ serious? Hehehehehe . Also loved EJs slip up :wub: :cheer: :rockon:
if it competition and not want to lose than its ej not lucas since ej start hanging aroud only after lucas start spend time with sami
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Hold up there Seabiscuit!

Let's don't talk about offing the PRETTY now!!!

Honestly, what they're doing to the character of Lucas reminds me of what they did to EJ right before the shooting. Add to that KC coming out & telling everyone what the story was going to be. Really sucked. So, I feel for the Lucas fans, I really do.

Who really knows what will come of all of this anyway?

I have enjoyed the Ejami scenes, because as you're all well aware, I'm a fickle bitch when it comes to them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I don't think it's that it's just a competition to Lucas....he HAS lost Sami to EJ before. The whole fucked up vendetta nonsense and wedding. He has been at this place before. So yeah he's overprotective. Yeah he might be hotheaded about this. And I think he is a little competitive with EJ of all people, sure. But it doesn't take away from his love for Sami. He doesn't just want to be with her so that EJ can't be allowed to have her or be with her. I don't believe that for a second.

And I don't think Lucas doesn't care for Johnny and Sydney too. But this whole confrontation bull-crap seems to be about drawing lines in the sand. Moron writers.

Look, the epi tomorrow sounds terrible for Lucas. He sounds jealous and insecure and overprotective. All those feelings are understandable to me, and they are his lesser qualities (these people are flawed), but it doesn't sound like something I want to watch. I think it's all so ridiculous and insulting. EJ has done terrible things to Sami's children for her not to want him near the kids. Even if EJ gave Sami full custody, it's like they are forgetting about some of the Sydnapping stuff, or his chloroforming her (for a second time, I think) so he could run off with Johnny and Sydney. That's convenient. I realize it happened in the past, but it wasn't that long ago that Lucas doesn't have some point. But none of that gets considered.

It just all sounds like such utter, fucktastic garbage.
Edited by elci525, Jul 12 2012, 03:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

If Lucas wasn't on I wouldn't watch and yes Sami, Lucas also has a right to say who does and does not see Allie, he's her father! Ej can go to hell for all I care unless he gets back with Nicole, remember your pregnant wife Ej? The one who is having your child? Thats the one you need to be concentrating on, not the witch's glittery who ha!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jul 12 2012, 03:13 PM
This is really random but I'd wish if Lucas lost a bit of weight. He doesn't have a neck to speak of right now. :embarrassed:
I think BD went on a diet around the time these scenes were filmed so he probably will be losing some weight.

Re: Lucas - I like the character so I don't like him being reduced to an EJ/Ejami foil which is clearly what is happening for him right now. I saw the DA clips and he comes off as insecure and silly which is frustrating to me. If TPTB are smart, they will re-direct him toward working with Jarlena to take down EJ. That would keep him in Sami's orbit, but give him something to do besides shout at Ejami. I like the idea of him working with Jarlena in a battle for DiMera Enterprises. I think it could be a good story for all players involved.

The only issue in all of this is how are the writers going to characterize Sami and Will. It's pretty obvious to me that they are going to end up on #TeamEJ and, as of right now, EJ isn't doing anything very nefarious to get them onto his side. GT may change that since he seems to love EJ as villain and Sami as helpless damsel in distress, but it's not clear that's where the story is going at this time. Hopefully, they keep Sami and Will are the dark/gray side for awhile, rather than having them painting them as victims. I think that would be the more interesting story direction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

The writing is just BEYOND lazy. Really...they could take some elements and recycle them but not every fucking triangle. Disgusting
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic