Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: New Writing Team Takes Charge
Topic Started: Jul 19 2012, 02:50 PM (10,809 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The first script from the new writers (Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell) airs July 24th.

Christie Clark says she really liked the one script of theirs that she read.

This "reboot" is much more low key than the last one. Shawn Christian says it's a seamless transition in that the new writers stay true to what's been created but they also take the story to some extraordinary places.

James Scott is a fan of the new team. He feels that Gary Tomlin not only knows the characters very well, he has lots of experience writing and producing soap operas. His understanding of the characters is comprehensive.

The new team wrote the July 27th cliffhanger. The show will be off the air for two weeks but when it returns on August 13th, "certain lives will be forever changed."

Eileen Davidson's first airdate is October 11th. Blake Berris returns August 27th. Stefano will rise from the dead and Eric Brady will return to Salem in the fall with Greg Vaughan in the role.

The new writers have no intention of dropping the gay storyline. Chandler Massey says Tomlin was the first person who came to him in February 2011 and said there were plans to make Will gay. Look for Will to get a possible love interest in the fall.

Wally Kurth and Judi Evans have both been on set taping new episodes.

Casey Deidrick is excited for everyone to see the new writers material. He says there are important and nice things coming up soon. Stay tuned!

Pick up the new issue of Soap Opera Digest to read the full article.

Courtesy of Rogue Ejami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

emma mia
Member Avatar

Thanks Kenny, I am thrilled at the spoilers for next week and now to hear that they are from TomSell is even more encouraging for after the break!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

This certainly makes it sound pretty concrete that Tom/Sell have a big roll in next week's shows, including the cliffhanger. I like that SC mentions they 'stay true' to what's been created...it doesn't appear we're in for a jarring difference come August. :)

And confirmation that GV is playing Eric = awesome!

Thanks Kenny!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

Excited for the return of the Phoenix! :D Will be nice to have Stefano, E.J., and Kristen on the canvas together. Now, if only they can redeem Chad, if they do indeed plan on keeping him.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I don't see that much change here...

Quote:

new writers stay true to what's been created but they also take the story to some extraordinary places.

Glad to see GV is confirm as Eric :cheer:
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Jul 19 2012, 02:57 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Welcome back, Eric Brady... About time. Now please don't be a priest.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 19 2012, 02:53 PM
This certainly makes it sound pretty concrete that Tom/Sell have a big roll in next week's shows, including the cliffhanger. I like that SC mentions they 'stay true' to what's been created...it doesn't appear we're in for a jarring difference come August. :)

Thanks Kenny!
We actually got all this information last month. It's not concrete because there's still conflicting information out there from other people.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I don't give this show another year. But then with the state of NBC, who know.

Singing Tomlin's praises?! Are you kidding me, Days!
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 19 2012, 03:00 PM.

AHM

Gary Tomlin really knows the characters? Maybe he'll know them better as a writer than as a producer. Not excited.

LovingDays

yesssssssssssssssssss stefano is back babyyyy

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Seeing is believing........

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Kansa
Jul 19 2012, 02:56 PM
Excited for the return of the Phoenix! :D Will be nice to have Stefano, E.J., and Kristen on the canvas together. Now, if only they can redeem Chad, if they do indeed plan on keeping him.
The cherry on top for me would be bringing Thaao back as Tony. :wub:

If only...

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I am interested to see the changes. The changes will tell me whether or not to tune out. Right now I will only watch clips of Days on you tube, I will not watch a full show as their is to much I do not want to see. I thanks all those lovely people that have taken the time to clip for us as it is a pleasure to watch only what I want to see and not what I don't. Hopeful Tomlin/Sell will do the characters justice! and couples too!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 19 2012, 02:58 PM
SocRMum1

Thanks Kenny!
We actually got all this information last month. It's not concrete because there's still conflicting information out there from other people.
I remember CC mentioning TomSell wrote her last scenes. What else have I missed? What is the conflicting info?

emma mia
Member Avatar

SocRMum1

Thanks Kenny!
I agree besides they were there long enough to have the right input and ensure they were setting the right tone for their own work.

I honestly do not expect some big flip on the head from the show; this is supposed to be a natural transition not a reboot ala last year.

Star784
Member Avatar

Is it July 24th yet????????????????????

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Wally and Judi! :)

lysie
Member Avatar

I completely missed the part about Stefano. I really feel like I should sue TomSell and MarDar for wasting the last year and a half of my soap life.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Didn't MarDar start on a similar note? There was some relative positivity and now look where we are.....

King
Member Avatar

I'm kind of excited. We need a change. Not sure if this is the right change though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply