Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - July 9 to 13
Topic Started: Jul 20 2012, 05:01 PM (4,139 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of July 9-13, 2012

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,402,000 (-103,000/-212,000)
2. B&B 3,065,000 (-50,000/+121,000)
3. GH 2,318,000 (+76,000/-124,000)
4. DAYS 2.230,000 (-179,000/-201,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 2.3/7 (same/+.2)
3. DAYS 1.7/5 (same/same)
3. GH 1.7/5 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 847,000 (+31,000/-27,000)
2. B&B 626,000 (-2,000/+61,000)
3. GH 557,000 (+18,000/-112,000)
4. DAYS 423,000 (-28,000/-259,000) <—– new low *

* Previous low: 439,000 (April 2-6, 2012)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/same)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
3. GH 0.9/5 (+.1/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.7/4 (same/-.3) <—— ties low (4th straight week)

See the rest at ---> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-new-low-for-days-in-women-18-49-viewers-2
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jul 20 2012, 05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS
Monday: 1.7/2,222,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,426,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,330,000
Thursday: 1.6/2,150,000
Friday: 1.5/2,021,000 <----- ( :OhMy: :OhMy: )
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jul 20 2012, 05:04 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&R deserves those crappy ratings.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Mitchapalooza
Jul 20 2012, 05:03 PM
DAYS
Monday: 1.7/2,222,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,426,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,330,000
Thursday: 1.6/2,150,000
Friday: 1.5/2,021,000 <----- ( :OhMy: :OhMy: )
Friday's Days stories: Dan/Chad/Bo/Hope trying to find Mel, Sami/EJ/Lucas, Roman/Rafe/Spencer STILL trying to nab EJ for Stefano's murder, Gabi/Andrew/Mel, and can't forget about the 5 min long each Chad/Mel flashbacks. There's nothing there really worth watching. Bo & Hope are only there because (a) they can't be investigating Stefano's murder since they're still technically suspects, (b) Roman & Rafe are busy investigating Stefano's murder & they're the only other "cops" (not sure why Rafe is still investigating stuff since i thought he was only temporarily ISA while everyone was in the safe house), & (c) they have no other story & really aren't being used much in the story they've been inserted into.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Tomsell better bring their A+++++++ game because Days is gonna need a huge shift in story to bring viewers back.

Fridays ratings are terrifying. That is GL and Passions territory :ermmmm:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

DAYS is bleeding bad ratings. :drunk:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days better make changes and fast, because if not Days will be getting canned. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Until they put the Ej/Sami/Lucas show on the back burner it’s not going to change we watched this entire BS in 07-08! But actually I love it because people think that these three will save DAYS! The show is standing in quick-sand and sinking very fast…

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

Horrible! Days deserves it though! :shame:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Days really took a dive after Tuesday.... Damn I guess people arent so impressed with the last of mardar's shit.....

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

OUCH! Days - Y&R :thumbsdown: :headbang:

GH ratings are........ok :sarclap:

My monthly hiatus from DOOL continues. Not even the cliffhanger b4 the Olympics can bring me back unless ratings improve! :soapbox:

crazy4sc

Good.. All these people that complain cause they don't get this couple or that one can watch a blank screen when Days gets cancelled cause they won't watch. :shrug:

Alin89
Member Avatar

thats wat happens when u wait too long to fire MarDar

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Alin89
Jul 20 2012, 08:00 PM
thats wat happens when u wait too long to fire MarDar
I think it's more like this is what happened when you took too long to fire Higley.

Viewers left in droves and many may never return.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The fun thing about Days is, there's kind of a long list of people who you could say weren't fired soon enough. And I think you'd be right each time.

Is Days advertising their upcoming cliffhanger? It'd be sad to see them go into the Olympic break on a down note, but I'm not sure if they're selling it to people.

am103
Member Avatar

DAYS needs to pay attention to these numbers. The beginning of the week contains their biggest audience, so they need to have big stuff happening early in the week, every week, to keep viewers wanting to tune in until Friday.

In a perfect world, Monday and Friday would be DAYS's biggest numbers, in my opinion. Since Friday is the last day before two off-days, big stuff should be happening. And it should end in some kind of cliffhanger to make people want to tune in the next Monday. You can't have every episode of the week be so similar that it doesn't matter whether or not the fans tune in, because if stories don't move quickly enough, they won't.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Hmm, ratings are a fickle bunch. I've taken my likin' as a Rafe/Safe fan before because of them. I don't think that one couple can make or break them but I absolutely believe that when one or two characters are feature more than others than you have to take that in to consideration. I don't miss my favorites scenes boring, crappy storyline or not, I'm still there summer, winter, fall or spring.

WGuyMd35

Quote:

The beginning of the week contains their biggest audience, so they need to have big stuff happening early in the week, every week, to keep viewers wanting to tune in until Friday.

I could be wrong, but I think the airdate in the U.S. is a day later than it was originally written to air. That's how we get the day-ahead summaries, as they air a day early in Canada.

I've been a loyal viewer this past year, barely missing an episode. Last week was the first week I haven't watched at all. I still read the day-ahead summaries, but I just can't bring myself to watch it. So, if I'm unable to watch - and I've sat thru it all - I am not surprised the ratings are at an all-time low. I do plan to turn back in for the cliffhanger this week, and give it a chance after the Olympics, but I'm not optimistic. :o(

lysie
Member Avatar

WGuyMd35
Jul 21 2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:

The beginning of the week contains their biggest audience, so they need to have big stuff happening early in the week, every week, to keep viewers wanting to tune in until Friday.

I could be wrong, but I think the airdate in the U.S. is a day later than it was originally written to air. That's how we get the day-ahead summaries, as they air a day early in Canada.

I've been a loyal viewer this past year, barely missing an episode. Last week was the first week I haven't watched at all. I still read the day-ahead summaries, but I just can't bring myself to watch it. So, if I'm unable to watch - and I've sat thru it all - I am not surprised the ratings are at an all-time low. I do plan to turn back in for the cliffhanger this week, and give it a chance after the Olympics, but I'm not optimistic. :o(
The Canada day ahead has been around for a long time and has nothing to do with us being behind.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

And it's pathetic when ratings are even MORE pathetic than Higley's. MarDar trashed the show completely with their limited focus. They are 201,000 viewers lower than last year and that's at Higley's worse. MarDar did all this bragging and tap-dancing about their 'reset'. But, all they did was infuriate viewers and turn them away in droves. Viewer discontment is blatantly obvious and as always they ignore it, chugging along with their 'visions'. And now, the train is derailing and chugging right off the train track.
And what's worse, they keep making the same, idiotic decisions, over and over and over again.
When will the buttholed suits in Burbank ever buy a clue and cash it in? :flipoff:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply