Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - July 9 to 13
Topic Started: Jul 20 2012, 05:01 PM (4,101 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Jul 21 2012, 09:20 PM
IMO it doesn't matter who is on screen. If the writing isn't there, if the stories aren't compelling and the characters are lackluster, it doesn't matter who or what characters or couples are featured. Let's face it, Days has brought on vets and newbies, shuffled couples and built new sets and still the ratings are in the toilet. I am hoping TomSell can give us some good writing and turn things around.
Absolutely THIS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

outrageous
Jul 21 2012, 06:56 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 21 2012, 06:50 PM
Partnersincrime
Jul 21 2012, 04:01 PM
lovinsafe
Jul 20 2012, 05:59 PM
Until they put the Ej/Sami/Lucas show on the back burner itís not going to change we watched this entire BS in 07-08! But actually I love it because people think that these three will save DAYS! The show is standing in quick-sand and sinking very fastÖ
lucas did not have same airtime like ej and sami even rafe have more airtime than him i not get the why is add up and in last few weeks most time he was on his character was trash in order to pimp team ej to sami and will
Yeah, I don't see anyone saying these three are going to save the show, the majority seem to be saying rest Ej and Sami and shift Lucas away from this mess and I have to agree and that is painful as a diehard Lumi but I'll deal with a Lucas story if it means he doesn't have to be in the middle of the other two.
Who's the majority? It all depends which site you visit.
I'm mainly on this site lately and I've seen many here for months want EJ and Sami rested...

OliveAnn

talbab1994
Jul 21 2012, 01:29 PM
These new-- well old-- well something in between-- writers for Days have an uphill battle. I know that NBC wants the show to go younger but they're bringing in people from the past--not that I'm complaining because I'm not-- at all. I still contend that you have the core families on the show, why not expand with the "kids" of the "parents" who are on the show currently? I see B & B doing that-- the hot storyline is with the core family's kids but the parents are still involved in all of this too. It's such a basic storyline but one that seems to be hitting right now.
The idea is great, but there's one problem: what children of the core families could this be done with? Philip, Belle, Shawn, Stephanie, Chelsea, Max and many others who could and should head the next generation of Days are not on the show anymore and there don't seem to be plans to bring them back, either. And for some reason, the show simply refuses to bring children of other supercouples like Andrew, Jeannie or Noelle. The young set we have now has only two people that are somewhat likeable and portrayed by good actors: Abigail and Will. I'd add Sonny, too, if he were on more. There rest of them? Cameron is a creation who came out of nowhere, just like Quinn a year earlier. Chad is a sorry excuse for a DiMera and Gabi is a bland Hernandez.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i dont knoe how will days survive and get bak its viewers that it has lost.

apple72pie

I'm sorry but i can't watch next week it to much of sami and ej will I don't like how they writing will about his father lucas been in jail for his son. I Turn out Thur And Fri This Viewer Don't watch mess like that Soap writers need to do better. Sorry Days I'm knot Coming Back After The Olympics And Lucas Have not been on That much.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Never thought I'd say this but I'm glad GH's ratings didn't go too low. It would've been nice to go higher than usual but I'm happy knowing it was higher than the previous week given Jasam fans promise to boycott this week. I know RC/FV were paying real close attention to the ratings. Glad their campaign didn't work.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jul 22 2012, 12:23 AM
talbab1994
Jul 21 2012, 01:29 PM
These new-- well old-- well something in between-- writers for Days have an uphill battle. I know that NBC wants the show to go younger but they're bringing in people from the past--not that I'm complaining because I'm not-- at all. I still contend that you have the core families on the show, why not expand with the "kids" of the "parents" who are on the show currently? I see B & B doing that-- the hot storyline is with the core family's kids but the parents are still involved in all of this too. It's such a basic storyline but one that seems to be hitting right now.
The idea is great, but there's one problem: what children of the core families could this be done with? Philip, Belle, Shawn, Stephanie, Chelsea, Max and many others who could and should head the next generation of Days are not on the show anymore and there don't seem to be plans to bring them back, either. And for some reason, the show simply refuses to bring children of other supercouples like Andrew, Jeannie or Noelle. The young set we have now has only two people that are somewhat likeable and portrayed by good actors: Abigail and Will. I'd add Sonny, too, if he were on more. There rest of them? Cameron is a creation who came out of nowhere, just like Quinn a year earlier. Chad is a sorry excuse for a DiMera and Gabi is a bland Hernandez.
But, see, that's the job of the writers. You've got 4 families that are focused upon and there's more than enough to go around in terms of story for a new generations if TPTB and writers will do this. Again, probably not a popular opinion but I really feel that you need to move away from the ones who are on all of the time but, for some reason, this won't happen. I don't know if it's contracts, or TPTB saying this is our future or what, but, to me, that's what you need. You need some new blood, why not do it through the vets and having their families coming in for story too. I watched an interview with Wally and Judi and one thing that Wally said was that people will tend to embrace a child of a vet because if people like that character or couple, people will tend to watch them for that. I think that's true. Yes, there's been exceptions but I think it could work. At this point in the game, Days needs to try something-- the show is tanking. The bad part is that the viewers they've lost may never come back. I really want to see Days continue-- not just Days but soaps in general.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reagon

ScorpioQueen
Jul 22 2012, 04:05 AM
Never thought I'd say this but I'm glad GH's ratings didn't go too low. It would've been nice to go higher than usual but I'm happy knowing it was higher than the previous week given Jasam fans promise to boycott this week. I know RC/FV were paying real close attention to the ratings. Glad their campaign didn't work.
It always sort of amazes me when fans on the Internet which amount to very little, talk about boycotting a show. Does anyone really think a few hundred or I'll be generous, a thousand online fans boycotting means anything? Fanbases really have a sense of entitltement thinking their small noise and rants mean anything in terms of the overall viewing numbers of a show. RC and FV have never listened to on liners at all much less the fans.

peaches179

lysie
Jul 21 2012, 07:09 PM
talbab1994
Jul 21 2012, 07:07 PM
I haven't stopped watching soaps-- I just think that, in Days case, there has to be balance. I have to tell you and I know this is not a popular opinion for some-- I'm so tired of Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole that I honestly don't even want to watch the show or even if I do, I don't want to see anything remotely about them-- which is most of the show. I'm tired of the back and forth with these characters and I'm tired of this show being about them all of the time. I like Lucas, I really do and I want him away from these four badly! I think there's so much more to the character of Lucas besides being with Sami. I think that there's more to any of these characters than being involved in this mess. I'm tired of the fanbases and that even turns me off too. It sometimes appears that just about every discussion goes back to them in some form or another. Maybe soaps are dying, at this point, I want to enjoy the ride and I WANT to see more than these 4.

Yeah, I know, I'll get a bunch of dislikes.... sorry....
Well, you get a major LOVE from me.

Me too. :)

outrageous
Member Avatar

reagon
Jul 22 2012, 09:31 AM
ScorpioQueen
It always sort of amazes me when fans on the Internet which amount to very little, talk about boycotting a show. Does anyone really think a few hundred or I'll be generous, a thousand online fans boycotting means anything? Fanbases really have a sense of entitltement thinking their small noise and rants mean anything in terms of the overall viewing numbers of a show. RC and FV have never listened to on liners at all much less the fans.
Best post ever.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

reagon
Jul 22 2012, 09:31 AM
ScorpioQueen
So true. Online and fanboards mean little in the whole scheme of things.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Phyllis being on Y&R every single fucking day sure does bring in the ratings...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lovinsafe
Until they put the Ej/Sami/Lucas show on the back burner itís not going to change we watched this entire BS in 07-08! But actually I love it because people think that these three will save DAYS! The show is standing in quick-sand and sinking very fastÖ
Um, just so you know...Rafe 100% needs to be included in your little character mentions there.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

And the Steffy/Hope/Liam saga on B&B day in day out is keeping them at #2...and this show is only 30mins long so forget about any other s/l!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Jul 21 2012, 07:07 PM
I haven't stopped watching soaps-- I just think that, in Days case, there has to be balance. I have to tell you and I know this is not a popular opinion for some-- I'm so tired of Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole that I honestly don't even want to watch the show or even if I do, I don't want to see anything remotely about them-- which is most of the show. I'm tired of the back and forth with these characters and I'm tired of this show being about them all of the time. I like Lucas, I really do and I want him away from these four badly! I think there's so much more to the character of Lucas besides being with Sami. I think that there's more to any of these characters than being involved in this mess. I'm tired of the fanbases and that even turns me off too. It sometimes appears that just about every discussion goes back to them in some form or another. Maybe soaps are dying, at this point, I want to enjoy the ride and I WANT to see more than these 4.

Yeah, I know, I'll get a bunch of dislikes.... sorry....
SO MUCH THIS! I am absolutely BEYOND care with these 4...just the sight of them makes me feel like turning the show off....and this is because of the fact that they are simply WAY OVER PLAYED.

I used to like ALL 4 (ok well maybe tolerated Rafe, but I used to LOVE Sami/EJ/Nicole in some form) and cared about them...now I just don't care anymore and they are single handedly DRIVING me away from this show for good.

Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, I'm gonna chime in and just say that I haven't watched Days since basically 2006/2007 season, I think (whenever Tinda Lau was and EJ/Sami domination began..) I stopped watching because I couldn't stand EJ/Sami story (and because I didn't care much about Hogan's other stories either).

But I have tried to tune back into the show many times during last few years, but every time I started watching, EJ/Sami were there... same ol', same ol' ... And by reading your comments, I don't think their storyline moved AT ALL from the point where I left Days. They love each other/they hate each other. But omg, there seems to be NO PROGRESSION of story AT ALL! Sure, they had two kids in the process, but what else has REALLY changed? And they keep driving the show. And it's been like 6 years.

And that's why I keep tuning out. Sami & E.J....

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Jul 25 2012, 06:38 AM
Okay, I'm gonna chime in and just say that I haven't watched Days since basically 2006/2007 season, I think (whenever Tinda Lau was and EJ/Sami domination began..) I stopped watching because I couldn't stand EJ/Sami story (and because I didn't care much about Hogan's other stories either).

But I have tried to tune back into the show many times during last few years, but every time I started watching, EJ/Sami were there... same ol', same ol' ... And by reading your comments, I don't think their storyline moved AT ALL from the point where I left Days. They love each other/they hate each other. But omg, there seems to be NO PROGRESSION of story AT ALL! Sure, they had two kids in the process, but what else has REALLY changed? And they keep driving the show. And it's been like 6 years.

And that's why I keep tuning out. Sami & E.J....
My thoughts exactly well said. :hail:
Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 23 2012, 01:37 PM
lovinsafe
Um, just so you know...Rafe 100% needs to be included in your little character mentions there.
I wish I could like this post X1000.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Well, there are only 4 soaps left. Hardly a competition at this point, since probably the same audience watches them all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply