Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Renee Jones removed from credits
Topic Started: Jul 22 2012, 01:18 PM (2,813 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Just catching up on this week's episodes, and saw that Renee Jones was finally removed from the cast list (3 weeks after her last appearance)...but who still remains?? Joe Mascolo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah, you would think Joe Mascolo would have done exit interviews...or at least one if he was fired or retiring for real. That little blurb in SOD didn't seem appropriate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Wouldn't be suprised if Joe is removed from the credits in August.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

He was gone before Renee Jones so he should have been out of the credits before her. Or is his contract up in August? That's the only way that would make sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Is it possible they may be showing him in any flashbacks and thus have to credit him?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

When he was fired in 2008 his last on-screen appearance was in February but his contract was until May and that's when they took his portrait in the DiMera living room down. He came back in August that same year.
Edited by Sindacco, Jul 22 2012, 07:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

In my SOD it says that Stefano will rise from the dead. So at some point he will come back. Also it said that Greg Vaughan will play Eric Brady!
Offline Profile Goto Top

julieg1977
Member Avatar

This made me sad. :( Of course I knew it was coming, but I'm gonna miss her.

But Muha ha ha ha, on the Joe part! lol Come on back Steffie! I've been waiting for you!! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 22 2012, 06:38 PM
Is it possible they may be showing him in any flashbacks and thus have to credit him?
No, flashbacks don't get you credited. You never see Mac Carey or Frances Reid in the credits when they use flashbacks of Tom & Alice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

He is still in the credits because he never left the show. Stefano "returns" to Salem in early fall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Jul 22 2012, 10:25 PM
He is still in the credits because he never left the show. Stefano "returns" to Salem in early fall.
That's the question we've been waiting to see. Will he be removed from the credits before he returns (which means it would be a new contract), or does he stay in the same position in the credits (which means he never left). Only time will tell!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 22 2012, 11:00 PM
JoeBucs32
That's the question we've been waiting to see. Will he be removed from the credits before he returns (which means it would be a new contract), or does he stay in the same position in the credits (which means he never left). Only time will tell!!
What if his contract was renewed before his old one expired? They just didn't use him for story reasons because of the writing change. Then I guess we would never find out?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jul 22 2012, 11:20 PM
What if his contract was renewed before his old one expired? They just didn't use him for story reasons because of the writing change. Then I guess we would never find out?
That would mean he never left. If he stays in the same spot, that's what happened.

Similar thing happened with Drake Hogestyn. He was still under contract when they wrote him back in the story as RoboJohn, so that's why he remained in his 1986 seniority position in the credits when John "rose from the dead."
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Okay awesome. I wasn't thinking about the order they are listed in being the tell to whether or not he ever actually left. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jul 22 2012, 11:35 PM
Okay awesome. I wasn't thinking about the order they are listed in being the tell to whether or not he ever actually left. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Yes, most of the shows I think just do the alphabetical cast list, but "Days" has always listed the contract cast in order of seniority.
Offline Profile Goto Top

julieg1977
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 22 2012, 11:37 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jul 22 2012, 11:35 PM
Yes, most of the shows I think just do the alphabetical cast list, but "Days" has always listed the contract cast in order of seniority.
Cool! I never knew that either. I'm gonna have to pay more attention! Jason. you are just full of knowledge! lol

Just out of curiosity, who are the 1st 3?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
According to James Scott, Joe did leave the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

To clear up any confusion, this is the information we have. No date is listed for Joe.

Quote:

Eileen Davidson's first airdate is October 11th. Blake Berris returns August 27th. Stefano will rise from the dead and Eric Brady will return to Salem in the fall with Greg Vaughan in the role.

And JM said this in May. It refers to the future, but nothing specific and names no sources.
Quote:

As for now, Mascolo told SOD, “For all intent and purposes, Stefano is dead.” But sources are reporting that he is already included in future story plans!

There was also an audio interview with James where James mentions Joe cleaning out his dressing room and saying he doesn't think he'll be returning this time.

While he looks to be returning, there is very little concrete information about when he'll return, what he'll be doing, and under what circumstances he was let go. Based on what we've heard, it sounds like MarDar fully intended on him being gone, but TomSell decided to undo it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

julieg1977
Jul 23 2012, 01:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, who are the 1st 3?
The seniority? Here's the current list:

Suzanne Rogers - Maggie Kiriakis
Peggy McCay - Caroline Brady
James Reynolds - Abe Carver
Alison Sweeney - Sami Hernandez
Kristian Alfonso - Hope Brady
Peter Reckell - Bo Brady
Lauren Koslow - Kate DiMera
Josh Taylor - Roman Brady
James Scott - E.J. DiMera
Shawn Christian - Dr. Daniel Jonas
Arianne Zucker - Nicole DiMera
Molly Burnett - Melanie Jonas
Joseph Mascolo - Stefano DiMera
Galen Gering - Rafe Hernandez
Eric Martsolf - Brady Black
Casey Jon Deidrick - Chad DiMera
Chandler Massey - Will Horton
Camila Banus - Gabi Hernandez
Melissa Reeves - Jennifer Horton
Kate Mansi - Abigail Deveraux
Freddie Smith - Sonny Kiriakis
Matthew Ashford - Jack Deveraux
Deidre Hall - Dr. Marlena Evans Black
Drake Hogestyn - John Black
Christie Clark - Carrie Brady Reed
Patrick Muldoon - Austin Reed
Sarah Brown - Madison James
Ian Buchanan - Ian McAllister
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Lisa Rinna - Billie Reed
Schuyler Yancey - Cameron Davis

When Blake Berris and Eileen Davidson return, they will then be listed after Schuyler Yancey.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not complaining, but were those top three not all removed in 2003?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic