Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worldwide Soaps
Topic Started: Jul 22 2012, 06:14 PM (2,179 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Okay, pretty much everyone knows that I can be a little OCD when I get obsessed with something and now that I've found out how I can watch current soaps in other countries, I want to TALK ABOUT IT! So I made my own board for American viewers of foreign soaps. So far I've got it set up for dedicated forums of EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, Home & Away, Neighbours, & Shortland Street (of which I'm currently watching all but Neighbours) and I'm pretty hooked on all of them.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Worldwide_Soaps/index/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Are you just downloading them? I got into them a year or two ago but I was impatient with downloading them and didn't have a lot of time. I'm thinking of getting back into them. I like the board.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

KMan101
Jul 23 2012, 09:40 AM
Are you just downloading them? I got into them a year or two ago but I was impatient with downloading them and didn't have a lot of time. I'm thinking of getting back into them. I like the board.
I'm using a variety of sources. I'm primarily downloading them, though, since I've been pointed in the direction of a couple of sites that upload same-day episodes in mp4 and .avi format at really good quality. the mp4 British soaps I download are extremely HQ when I put them full-screen on my 21" HD monitor. Also, there are people who upload same day episodes to both youtube and dailymotion for all of the "Big 7" non-US english language soaps (Corrie, EastEnders, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, Home & Away, Neighbours, & Shortland Street). What's funny to me is that due to the time difference & when the British soaps air, they're on at the EXACT same time as our US soaps. lol In fact, when I'm watching DAYS live, I'm getting live tweets about the currently airing episode of Hollyoaks. I'm always having to avert my eyes. lol

Manny
Member Avatar

Hey, Matt! Can you please PM me a link to the YouTube channel that has EastEnders? I am tired of downloading and YouTube might be a better way for me to watch the show.
Thanks!

Edited by Manny, Jul 24 2012, 04:36 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I tried to find a place to watch or download Ireland's sole soap opera, Fair City, but came up empty. :(

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Bright Eyes
Aug 9 2012, 08:09 PM
I tried to find a place to watch or download Ireland's sole soap opera, Fair City, but came up empty. :(
We had it at Crane Estate for a very brief time. I never got to see it.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Aug 9 2012, 09:46 PM
Bright Eyes
Neither have I and it seems I never will. LoL

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bright Eyes
Aug 10 2012, 12:58 AM
Grandpa Hughes
Bright Eyes
This isn't full episodes, but it IS current material even though it's only individual episode edits of the gay characters/storylines -- http://www.youtube.com/user/anthonydlangford?feature=watch.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Matt
Aug 10 2012, 07:21 AM
Bright Eyes
Grandpa Hughes
Bright Eyes
This isn't full episodes, but it IS current material even though it's only individual episode edits of the gay characters/storylines -- http://www.youtube.com/user/anthonydlangford?feature=watch.
Yay! The hardest working man in soapdom is here! :) I don't know where you get the time!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Aug 10 2012, 08:10 AM
Matt
Bright Eyes
Grandpa Hughes

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yay! The hardest working man in soapdom is here! :) I don't know where you get the time!
Apparently I don't really know what I'm doing because that's a link to currents video postings on River City & not Fair City (I get those two confused all the damn time).

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Matt
Aug 10 2012, 10:18 AM
Grandpa Hughes
Aug 10 2012, 08:10 AM
Matt
Bright Eyes

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Apparently I don't really know what I'm doing because that's a link to currents video postings on River City & not Fair City (I get those two confused all the damn time).
It's easy to do. We had both at an old site I was on and it was very confusing when people asked questions. I never watched either one.

Mayholidays

Hi Matt,I see that you watch Shortland Street how do you think it measures up against other soaps ...is it half as good as some of the British or Australian soaps ? I haven't watched it for about 13 years but did use to enjoy it but it was quite cheesey back then.
Edited by Mayholidays, Sep 9 2012, 04:21 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I actually really enjoy it. Granted, there are more than a few issues (the Cooper family really annoys me & their teen group that gets a LOT of airtime is beyond wretched), but nearly ALL of the stories are centered around the hospital. I'd dare to say that Shorty, at 30 minutes, spends more actual screen time IN the hospital than GH does in 60 minutes. Amello (BrightEyes) has started watching, too, btw.

Mayholidays

Thanks for that Matt,I was very surprised when I read your siggy with the Shorters mention.. it looks very slick now when I see the ads I'm sure I could get back into it but they have it on at 7pm here which when you have a family isn't a good time,I could tape it I spose.I have caught old episodes on a channel I watch quite often and even though it looks so dated now I was surprised how within a couple of minutes I was hooked in.I know they tape very quickly and the original Nic from Coronation Street came to work at Shorty St he said he was taken aback with the amount of diaglogue they had to learn in a very short space of time.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I find that the episodes move very quickly and it's very easy to understand who's who. Although most of the storylines aren't overly exciting or big, I'm surprised to actually find myself interested in them. I think they do a really good job of doing little mini-stories that really don't mean a whole in the grand scheme of things but really let you get to know and develop an attachment to the characters.

Mayholidays

I could be wrong but I thought that they tape faster than any other soap,I know what you mean about mini stories but very watchable,I am also amazed when I catch a glimpse of ones like Rachel McKenna how well they have aged althoughshe would have been very young when she started :) I spose Chris Warner hasn't done too bad either becuse he is one of the originals

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Probably the BIGGEST thing I hate about Shorty is that they did away with an opening & theme song and I LOVED Shorty's theme. I'm especially fond of the mid-2000s mix of it (which I believe corresponded with the "blue" opening).

Mayholidays

Oh didn't know that it had been chopped ..Is it me or is it you LOLz I think that's what it use to say :laugh: I think you would have loved watching it from the start Matt it was really enjoyable and Had a bit of humor etc they have had some great and well written characters over the years ...I'm feeling all nostalgic now :biggrin:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mayholidays

There it is yes a lot of familiar faces there !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply