Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mariah Carey joins American Idol
Topic Started: Jul 23 2012, 02:22 PM (878 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/23/mariah-carey-american-idol/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Keeping Randy is a mistake imho. But this just made me interested in Idol again. I remember when she mentored one season- she was really good.

Here's hoping she doesn't come on and try to be nice. And that she doesn't have Lopez's penchant for only criticizing female contestants.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Her and Randy have been working together since like her first album so they already work well together.

LPS
Member Avatar

YAY. She could be the nuPaula aka getting drunk and saying random ass shit!

AI needs to keep Randy. There would be no continuity. It would just be some random talent show.

Edited by LPS, Jul 23 2012, 04:34 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Seacrest can be continuity, and the winner will likely be similar.

I just don't like Randy is all.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

She is incredibly talented,I loved her in the 90's,but not so much the last 10 years,she does have a rep for being too demanding,people who work behind the scenes said when she was a mentor in 2008 she was very late and extremely difficult to work with.but i am interested to see how she is as a judge and who the third judge will be.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I loved her in the 90's too before she had to always collaborate with people on her CD's and her style of music kinda changed. It will be interesting to see how she does as a judge.

King
Member Avatar

She'll be really good.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jul 23 2012, 06:28 PM
I loved her in the 90's too before she had to always collaborate with people on her CD's and her style of music kinda changed. It will be interesting to see how she does as a judge.
That as sort of when I was done with Mariah as well. I do feel Randy needs to go. It needs to just be a new judging panel hoping to get some new blood. I know Mariah and Randy have worked together, but I just don't know how it would work on the judge's table. And that is really how Randy would react than Mariah. I have never thought that Randy provided any real feedback. I could see him either just agreeing with whatever Mariah said because she is a superstar or trying to always go against her thinking he is the star because he has been on the panel the longest.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Since her breakdown after Virgin dumped her, she's allowed her unhinged side to come out more often. This is a great move by Idol.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Simon Cowell said she'll be good for the show,but she have a hard time saying NO to people cuz of her "sweet" personality.Hmm sweet,crazy whatever.

taylore
Member Avatar

Mariah Carey sweet?please,Simon must be smoking.That woman is crazy,can't wait to see her on Idol.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Brad Paisley is another rumor,don't know what kind of judge he would be,but he would be nice eyecandy. :wub:

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

DIVA!

LPS
Member Avatar

I think Charlie Sheen would be funny

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

BalscoFan5
Jul 23 2012, 06:05 PM
She is incredibly talented,I loved her in the 90's,but not so much the last 10 years,she does have a rep for being too demanding,people who work behind the scenes said when she was a mentor in 2008 she was very late and extremely difficult to work with.but i am interested to see how she is as a judge and who the third judge will be.
That is how I feel too. As long as she keeps her diva attitude at bay I am cool with it, she is heads and tails above JLo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply