Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Breaking Bad; Season 5
Topic Started: Jul 24 2012, 02:50 PM (299 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Is anyone else watching this incredible show? I just watched the first 4 seasons in like 3 weeks. It's an incredible show. Season 3 and 4 were my favorite seasons by far. And season 5 is starting off pretty incredible. I can totally see why Bryan Cranston keeps winning the emmy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I watched the entire first and second season in a marathon and almost died from boredom. So many people told me it was the best series on TV so I persevered more than I normally would. It was well acted, but it is boring and except for the son, none of the characters are rootable at all - they are all horrible characters that deserve the pain and suffering they get.

When people tell me what they like about it, I realize they haven't watched really good tv. But you do watch good tv (based on your siggie) so please tell me what I am missing?

OTHGHFan6211

Southofsoap
Jul 24 2012, 03:04 PM
I watched the entire first and second season in a marathon and almost died from boredom. So many people told me it was the best series on TV so I persevered more than I normally would. It was well acted, but it is boring and except for the son, none of the characters are rootable at all - they are all horrible characters that deserve the pain and suffering they get.

When people tell me what they like about it, I realize they haven't watched really good tv. But you do watch good tv (based on your siggie) so please tell me what I am missing?
You are the only person who feels this way. Breaking Bad is the greatest show in TV history.

All the characters are unlikable? Well duh, the show is called fu*king BREAKING BAD. The decisions they make especially Walt aren't always the right ones. The characters aren't suppose to be likeable all the time, we are on for a hell of a ride to see what happens to them.

You obviously missed the point to the show.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

OTHGHFan6211
Jul 28 2012, 08:41 PM
You are the only person who feels this way. Breaking Bad is the greatest show in TV history.

All the characters are unlikable? Well duh, the show is called fu*king BREAKING BAD. The decisions they make especially Walt aren't always the right ones. The characters aren't suppose to be likeable all the time, we are on for a hell of a ride to see what happens to them.

Quote:

I'm going to take a guess and say I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who feels this way lol.

Quote:

I think you are confusing likeable people who make bad choices and just unrootable characters. All the characters on Breaking Bad fall into the latter character (using your habit of passing opinion off as fact). All people/characters make bad choices - its human nature - it doesn't mean they are bad unlikeable people and give a reason to dislike them. This is beyond that - these are revolting characters. In particular, the wife and the sister-in-law must be 2 of the most unpleasant characters ever conceived.

Quote:

Does a show need a point? And to pick your wisdom, what might be the point of this show, since you never said?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply