Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (60,726 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Just discovered several Charlotte Ross (Eve Donovan) extended clips on youtube (apparently put up by Ross's official website) when she first arrived in Salem. In addition to lots of Eve material, there are some hidden gems --- including a certain arson fire at the Salem Inn...

July 17, 1987

July 20, 1987

July 23, 1987

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Pardon me while I sit here and CRACK THE FUCK UP. I freaking LOVE some Eve vs. Jennifer.

February 1991

jwsel
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 27 2012, 02:11 PM
Pardon me while I sit here and CRACK THE FUCK UP. I freaking LOVE some Eve vs. Jennifer.

February 1991

I hated Eve when I was watching in the 80s, but when I rewatched the DVDs, I really fell in love with the character. She could be so hilariously inappropriate , but, as in the scene with Jennifer, she would cut through a lot of the sanctimonious crap. She could have been such a one-note teen bitch, but she was written with a lot of depth and Charlotte Ross was a strong-enough actress that Eve had enough vulnerability to avoid being a caricature.

It really is a shame that Eve and Sami never locked horns. I think Eve would have ripped Sami to shreds.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

25 years ago today..Matthew Ashford debuts as Jack Deveraux.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 27 2012, 02:11 PM

February 1991

I totally agree and when Jack and Eve had their short lived "marriage of convenience" there were some fabulous moments also and this fabulous scene with Jack, Jennifer and Eve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35LIBSEtsc

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

this has got to be the greatest Lumi montage I've ever seen :wub: :wub:

(you definitely might need a tissue or two by the time its done lol)

jaygal
Member Avatar

That was some lovely Luminess before breakfast :)
Edited by jaygal, Nov 6 2012, 03:15 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Since I don't watch the show anymore I have to ask ...

Were Jack and Jennifer married when Jack died?

Dany_E

Bright Eyes
Nov 6 2012, 03:15 PM

Not as far as we actually saw. They were engaged (not that we saw that either - they just told us about it later) but everyone's running around calling Jack Jennifer's husband while simultaneously calling her Jennifer Horton, so, there you go....

bomber
Member Avatar

Dany_E
Nov 6 2012, 03:25 PM
Bright Eyes
Nov 6 2012, 03:15 PM

Not as far as we actually saw. They were engaged (not that we saw that either - they just told us about it later) but everyone's running around calling Jack Jennifer's husband while simultaneously calling her Jennifer Horton, so, there you go....
i think they're saying they were married so that they can infer that Jen only went back to him out of obligation and that she was actually really in love with Dan. Of course this means she was cheating on jack but i don't expect she or the writers will lose much sleep worrying about that.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^Well you know she wouldn't really have been cheating because Jack "abandoned" her :rolleyes: . It doesn't matter that while she was having sex with another man who knows what was happening to Jack. Just like she doesn't wonder or get upset about what he went through in Afghanistan, she also doesn't seem to feel any anguish about what his last moments before death might've been like for him. So you're right a little cheating probably wont bother her in the slightest. They really should think things through before rewriting such recent history.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm watching 2001 clips right now, and I remember there was so much hate on the boards for the Langan era but I would definitely take it over anything since 2006 for the most part. Also Langan was setting a up an interesting Greta/Austin/Sami/Brandon quad but never really committed. .

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Why did Roark Critchlow leave in 1999 at the height of the Mike/Carrie fervor? Did Days opt not to renew his contract? Did he choose to leave? Was it storyline dictated?

I always did love Mike and Carrie.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Does anyone happen to know the address of the Anderson lake house that Mickey & Maggie bought & moved into in the mid-80s after Mary died and Phyllis permanently left town?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

nickyj12345
Nov 12 2012, 07:43 PM
Why did Roark Critchlow leave in 1999 at the height of the Mike/Carrie fervor? Did Days opt not to renew his contract? Did he choose to leave? Was it storyline dictated?

I always did love Mike and Carrie.
I'm not sure about Roark, but I thought Christie had decided to take a break from the show, so I'm guessing Mike was written out because Christie had decided to leave?

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

17 years ago today :)

and also 6 years ago this week :wub2:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I uploaded some classic/old school episodes of DAYS to my domain, maybe some of you wanna see them again :) Please right click on the link and choose 'save to target', it saves my bandwidth.

1965 The First & Second Episode
Where it all began.
1st & 2nd

Frankie's Graduation 1987
Download

Cruise Of Deception 1990
Two episodes from one of DAYS most remembered, classic storylines. Jack and Jennifer fans, there's cave stuff in this, I believe!
Download Part 1 & Download Part 2

Jack & Jennifer's Wedding 1991
Jack and Jennifer's dramatic first wedding. Shot on location.

'One Stormy Night' 1992
The first (?) DAYS special Primetime episode.
Download

Night Sins 1993
The second DAYS special Primetime episode. John/Marlena's affair is featured as they try to resist temptation.

John Finds Answers To His Past 1994
Download

The Devil & John 1995 (Possession)
Download

The Devil Dies 1995
The beginning of the end of The Possession storyline.
Download

Secret Room 1997
Download

John / Susan's Wedding 1997
Susan is posing as Kristen as she prepares to marry John.
Download
Edited by The Room Stops, Nov 18 2012, 12:32 PM.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

26 years of J&M in 4:20

I'm not a couples' montage kind of person (I'd rather watch old clips with dialogue rather than old clips set to music I don't know), but this is the single best montage I have ever seen.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

nickyj12345
Nov 18 2012, 05:00 PM

I'm not a couples' montage kind of person (I'd rather watch old clips with dialogue rather than old clips set to music I don't know), but this is the single best montage I have ever seen.
Great Video. How I miss John & Marlena's romance. They are great together! Too bad TPTB don't write like they used too.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 18 2012, 08:37 PM
nickyj12345
Nov 18 2012, 05:00 PM

Great Video. How I miss John & Marlena's romance. They are great together! Too bad TPTB don't write like they used too.
Or don't bother getting to know what they're really about ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply