Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (62,505 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DAYS SOD Synopsis (June 1976 issue)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Been uploading some past Christmas episodes the last couple of days, Merry Christmas!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DAYS SOD Synopsis (July 1976 Issue)

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Does anyone know the date of Andre's first appearance (roughly) in 1983?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Dec 31 2012, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know the date of Andre's first appearance (roughly) in 1983?
9/1/83. Made a best guess choice for this, since the scripts still listed him as Tony for awhile at the end of 1983, but I think story recaps said Tony started acting differently at Renee's party/death, so I made a choice in the rankings to make Andre's debut as 9/1/83 (from then Tony was supposedly locked up in the dungeon, but not seen for awhile). Tony was last seen on 8/25/83. Then I have "Andre as Tony" listed for all of September 1983 though February 1984 (although he was still listed just as Tony in the scripts). I then have Tony first listed again on March 9, 1984, when the character "Man in Chains"/Body Double is listed in the scripts.
Edited by Jason47, Dec 31 2012, 08:14 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Andre first appeared at the time Renee was murdered but the audience didn't know it then. It was shown in flashbacks that after Tony made love to Renee, he went down to the wine cellar where he was knocked out. Andre took his place and went back up to the bedroom and murdered Renee after she realized he wasn't Tony.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Granted, this covers a lot more soaps than just DAYS, but there are enough Sami slaps and Marlena wind-ups that I thought would go here. This montage is about 6+ minutes long of nothing but soap opera slaps, punches, and slugs from Y&R, B&B, DAYS, AMC, OLTL, and GH

CatherineEarnshaw

Sindacco
Dec 25 2012, 10:10 PM
Been uploading some past Christmas episodes the last couple of days, Merry Christmas!

Thx Sindacco

hospitaltiea

Logan2010
Jan 4 2010, 07:36 PM
Favorite actor or actress as original or recast character.

Anjelica: Jane Elliot or Judith Chapman
Austin: Patrick Muldoon or Austin Peck
Belle: Kirsten Storms, Charity Rahmer or Martha Madison
Billie: Lisa Rinna, Krista Allen or Julie Pinson
Bo: Peter Reckell or Robert Kelker-Kelly
Brady: Kyle Lowder or Eric Martsolf
Carrie: Andrea Barber, Christie Clark or Tracy Middendorf
Jack: Matthew Ashford, Mark Valley or Steve Wilder
Jennifer: Melissa Reeves or Stephanie Cameron
Kate: Deborah Adair or Lauren Koslow
Laura: Susan Flannery or Jaime Lyn Bauer
Mike: Wesley Eure, Michael T. Weiss or Roark Critchlow
Nicholas: Erik Von Detten or Victor Webster
Philip: Jay Kenneth Johnson or Kyle Brandt
Roman: Wayne Northrop or Josh Taylor
Shawn-Douglas: Jason Cook or Brandon Beemer
Stephanie: Shayna Rose or Shelley Hennig
Anjelica: Jane Elliot or Judith Chapman Don't care
Austin: Patrick Muldoon
Belle: Kirsten Storms
Billie: Lisa Rinna
Bo: Peter Reckell
Brady: Eric Martsolf
Carrie: Andrea Barber, Christie Clark
Jack: Matthew Ashford
Jennifer: Melissa Reeves
Kate: Deborah Adair
Laura: Jaime Lyn Bauer
Mike: Roark Critchlow
Nicholas: Don't care
Philip: Jay Kenneth Johnson or Kyle Brandt Don't care
Roman: Wayne Northrop (actually I like Drake Hogestyn in the role, especially for the 1986 wedding and the 1991 reunion on the pier)
Shawn-Douglas: Jason Cook
Stephanie: Shayna Rose or Shelley Hennig Don't care

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Interesting Character Mix Alert**
I'm watching a "family" dinner scene from 1999 involving Shawn, Caroline, Marlena, Austin, Eric, Nicole and Taylor.

Anjelica: Jane Elliot
Austin: Austin Peck
Belle: Martha Madison although I loved KS also
Billie: Love all three, Allen was my first Billie but Pinson is probably my fave.
Bo: Peter Reckell
Brady: Kyle Lowder, though I have fully accepted Eric
Carrie: Christie Clark
Jack: Matthew Ashford
Jennifer: Melissa Reeves
Kate: Lauren Koslow
Laura: Jaime Lyn Bauer
Mike: Roark Critchlow
Nicholas: Victor Webster
Philip: Jay Kenneth Johnson, I couldn't stand Brandt but I did like the original teen Phil, Brandon Tyler.
Roman: Wayne Northrop
Shawn-Douglas: Jason Cook
Stephanie: Shelley Hennig

CatherineEarnshaw

We aren't going to have DRake and Deidre onscreen soon so this is a reminder of how great the chemistry they share is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGwYr50vGVQ

DoolMT

Does anyone know of a youtube channel that takes requests for early 90's Days clips?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

On the Set of 'Days of our Lives' (August 1976 SOD) - Cast List, Interviews with Susan Oliver (Laura #3) & Bennye Gatteys (Susan #2). TONS of pictures and mini-interviews.

jwsel
Member Avatar

I was looking up some old background and saw that Renee Jones played Nikki Wade in 1982-83 before she played Lexie. From what I've read, she was a police secretary but from a rich family and was in a sort-of triangle with Abe and Danny Grant. I got the impression that she chose Abe, but then broke up with him when he stood her up at her debutante ball so he could do a drug bust. So I didn't get a sense of whether the relationship got very far.

That made me wonder. Other than the affair with Fay that produced Brandon, has Abe slept with any women other than Lexie?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jul 12 2012, 01:28 PM
There's a little blurb in SOD from James Reynolds (hat-tip to @mellymet for the info ;)) about a summer in which Abe had 12 different love interests and 12 different love scenes. So I'm wondering a) is he exaggerating? He says, "I would say of those 12 different bed scenes, six of them were uncomfortable, only because they were new people and we were doing the scenes on their first day." b) Which summer was this that Abe was a swinging single?
I never got a clear answer on this, lol. Tamara Price might have been one of these women.

jwsel
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 14 2013, 02:51 AM
granolagirl
Jul 12 2012, 01:28 PM
There's a little blurb in SOD from James Reynolds (hat-tip to @mellymet for the info ;)) about a summer in which Abe had 12 different love interests and 12 different love scenes. So I'm wondering a) is he exaggerating? He says, "I would say of those 12 different bed scenes, six of them were uncomfortable, only because they were new people and we were doing the scenes on their first day." b) Which summer was this that Abe was a swinging single?
I never got a clear answer on this, lol. Tamara Price might have been one of these women.
Is Abe the Wilt Chamberlain of Salem?

Soapcentral lists Abe's "flings and affairs" as the following:

Fay Walker
Valerie Grant
Joan Hopkins
Nikki Wade
Denise Preston
Tamara Price

I googled a few of them. From what I've found, Nikki and Joan were one right after another in 83. Denise was part of the cartel storyline in 1985. Tamara Price was in 1986. So I don't know what summer that was.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Tamara Price was played by singer Marilyn McCoo (part of the Fifth Dimension & one-time host of Solid Gold). If I remember correctly, she was written as an old friend of Marlena's and actually sang at RoJohn & Marlena's wedding (the one where she wore that hideous headpiece that everyone joked made her look like the statue of liberty). They kept acting like they were going to build up to a really good storyline/romance between Abe & Tamara... but then nothing and Tamara just disappeared. I'm not even sure they ever explained what happened to her.

jwsel
Member Avatar

I believe they had issues with Marilyn McCoo's schedule, which prevented them from pursuing the storyline. She did come on as a new singer. I believe she took over for Liz at Blondie's when Liz went to film her movie, and then she did sing at RoJohn's and Marlena's wedding/vow renewal. That was the source of awkwardness because Liz returned for the wedding, planning to sing, but Marlena had made alternative arrangements with Tamara. What I can't remember, though, is how far things got between Tamara and Abe, which seems to be the case with most of his pre-Lexie relationships.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

jwsel
Jan 14 2013, 03:00 AM
That's how James Reynolds remembers it. ;) I thought it sounded a little exaggerated...

That was right around the time Liz was exiting Salem. It looks like Marilyn McCoo was only in 21 episodes.

six
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 14 2013, 04:44 PM
jwsel
Jan 14 2013, 03:00 AM
That's how James Reynolds remembers it. ;) I thought it sounded a little exaggerated...

That was right around the time Liz was exiting Salem. It looks like Marilyn McCoo was only in 21 episodes.
Maybe Abe was having a lot of sleepwalking sex or hypothermia sex - you know the kind the audience didn't know happened, until until someone turns up pregnant? :P

ETA: a post just made me wonder which character has the most namesakes?
Edited by six, Jan 14 2013, 08:57 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply