Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (65,007 Views)
Will&Sonny

I always summed up Brady's behavior back then with one very simple and accurate explanation -- he was a standard teenager with a chip on his shoulder.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 03:28 PM
I always summed up Brady's behavior back then with one very simple and accurate explanation -- he was a standard teenager with a chip on his shoulder.
Except that that is absolutely not true. He was verbally abusive to his own mother, horrible to his father and generally an asshole. He was not standard teenager by any means, and he had more than a chip on his shoulder.

If anyone had spoken to my mother the way Brady spoke to Marlena, my father would seriously kick them out before they could finish the sentence.

CatherineEarnshaw

lysie
Jan 17 2013, 11:20 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 16 2013, 07:54 PM
Brady said he went to boarding school, he couldn't say Isabella's name (he called Belle "you" when he was young because marlena slapped him when he said he his sister's name), he went to Salem High, etc.

Really bad writing!!!
I do not remember him saying that.
That was a joke because he claimed he couldn't say Isabellas name.

CatherineEarnshaw

The Room Stops
Jan 17 2013, 07:57 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 03:28 PM
Except that that is absolutely not true. He was verbally abusive to his own mother, horrible to his father and generally an asshole. He was not standard teenager by any means, and he had more than a chip on his shoulder.

If anyone had spoken to my mother the way Brady spoke to Marlena, my father would seriously kick them out before they could finish the sentence.
I agree he was almost psychotic

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kristen: "The body's been cremated and all that's left are ashes, Laura! ASHES, LAURA!

There are some Austin/Carrie/Lucas/Sami/Kate scenes in the clips above as well.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I love "ashes, Laura. ASHES, LAURA" just as much as I love "This is what's left of John & Marlena! This is what's left of John & Marlena!!!" :wub:

Bringing you a classic Bope montage from 1985! :wub:

Edited by Oak Alley, Jan 18 2013, 12:13 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kate vs. Laura -- the full scene!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DAYS SOD Synopsis (August 1976 Issue)

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

When Lucas and Sami married, had Lucas changed his name to Horton already?

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jan 22 2013, 03:30 PM
When Lucas and Sami married, had Lucas changed his name to Horton already?
no he change after

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"Sami finally gets the wedding she deserves."

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Plane crash.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I just found this on youtube (with an obscenely low number of views) and thought it would be very appreciated here. A Patch & Kayla montage set to the FULL version of "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight"

esp13
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 27 2013, 08:07 PM
I just found this on youtube (with an obscenely low number of views) and thought it would be very appreciated here. A Patch & Kayla montage set to the FULL version of "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight"

What's funny is that the entirety of that montage are things that took place before Steve and Kayla's first kiss (which happens in basically the scene after this montage). Nowadays couples don't have enough for a 30 second montage before their first kiss, let along 3 minutes.

CatherineEarnshaw

A great Drake and Deidre interview. He is always touching her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Ar1F48LJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nate
Member Avatar

For this time every, (I started on DAYS in 2011, didn't start watching daily until 2012) I watched the Greta's Coronation shooting. It was so fucking amazing!!! It is def. the best soap disaster I have ever seen and it beats GH's Metro Court Hostage by far. It was great!!! So good!

Kate is such a bitch! I love Kate, but damn! No clue Brandon married a woman named Angela. Kate was even a bitch to Chloe back then.

Were Mimi and Shawn shot? Because the cliffhanger was Chloe finding Shawn/Mimi together on the floor, but when I read more about the shooting online I couldn't find anything.

DAYS did a great job with this... It was great!!!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJdPItPTnU

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Really? I hated the Coronation. Maybe it's because the J&M parts sucked so badly.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Nate
Jan 27 2013, 09:19 PM
For this time every, (I started on DAYS in 2011, didn't start watching daily until 2012) I watched the Greta's Coronation shooting. It was so fucking amazing!!! It is def. the best soap disaster I have ever seen and it beats GH's Metro Court Hostage by far. It was great!!! So good!

Kate is such a bitch! I love Kate, but damn! No clue Brandon married a woman named Angela. Kate was even a bitch to Chloe back then.

Were Mimi and Shawn shot? Because the cliffhanger was Chloe finding Shawn/Mimi together on the floor, but when I read more about the shooting online I couldn't find anything.

DAYS did a great job with this... It was great!!!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJdPItPTnU
Mimi was shot, Shawn was not. I agree about the coronation being the best disaster.

Will&Sonny

esp13
Jan 27 2013, 08:34 PM
Matt
Jan 27 2013, 08:07 PM

What's funny is that the entirety of that montage are things that took place before Steve and Kayla's first kiss (which happens in basically the scene after this montage). Nowadays couples don't have enough for a 30 second montage before their first kiss, let along 3 minutes.
The obvious exception being Will and Sonny, which is probably one of the main reasons (other than the fact that they're the show's first gay couple) that they're one of the show's most popular couples now.

CatherineEarnshaw

The Room Stops
Jan 28 2013, 02:13 PM
Really? I hated the Coronation. Maybe it's because the J&M parts sucked so badly.
I hated it too

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply