Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (57,820 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 28 2013, 03:00 PM
esp13
Jan 27 2013, 08:34 PM
Matt
Jan 27 2013, 08:07 PM
I just found this on youtube (with an obscenely low number of views) and thought it would be very appreciated here. A Patch & Kayla montage set to the FULL version of "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight"

What's funny is that the entirety of that montage are things that took place before Steve and Kayla's first kiss (which happens in basically the scene after this montage). Nowadays couples don't have enough for a 30 second montage before their first kiss, let along 3 minutes.
The obvious exception being Will and Sonny, which is probably one of the main reasons (other than the fact that they're the show's first gay couple) that they're one of the show's most popular couples now.
Yes, Will and Sonny seem to be getting some old school writing. Although I'm not sure they had to wait as long between first kiss/beginning of actual relationship and having sex for the first time (7 months for S&K fans). But, as the song says, the waiting is the hardest part. And, quite frankly, really the best part too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

esp13
Jan 28 2013, 03:08 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 28 2013, 03:00 PM
esp13
Jan 27 2013, 08:34 PM
Matt
I just found this on youtube (with an obscenely low number of views) and thought it would be very appreciated here. A Patch & Kayla montage set to the FULL version of "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight"

What's funny is that the entirety of that montage are things that took place before Steve and Kayla's first kiss (which happens in basically the scene after this montage). Nowadays couples don't have enough for a 30 second montage before their first kiss, let along 3 minutes.
The obvious exception being Will and Sonny, which is probably one of the main reasons (other than the fact that they're the show's first gay couple) that they're one of the show's most popular couples now.
Yes, Will and Sonny seem to be getting some old school writing. Although I'm not sure they had to wait as long between first kiss/beginning of actual relationship and having sex for the first time (7 months for S&K fans). But, as the song says, the waiting is the hardest part. And, quite frankly, really the best part too.
Yeah -- it took over a year for Will and Sonny to kiss each other after their initial meeting, but there were "only" fifty-five days between their first kiss and the first time that they made love (add thirty-two days to that if you want to count that kiss that Will pulled away from as their first kiss). However, I have a feeling that if it weren't for the pregnancy storyline, the writers would have prolonged the waiting period for a few additional months.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Matt

Thanks so much for posting this montage, Matt. Just my opinion, but best couple ever. :wub2:

granolagirl
Member Avatar

:slinky eyes: I still don't like that song, lol.

esp13
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 28 2013, 07:50 PM
Oh, I hate that song. Worst song for a couple ever that I know of. But I've been trained like Pavlov's dog to react to it instantaneously. And, quite frankly, I kind of hate that too.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

esp13
Jan 28 2013, 07:53 PM
granolagirl
Jan 28 2013, 07:50 PM
Oh, I hate that song. Worst song for a couple ever that I know of. But I've been trained like Pavlov's dog to react to it instantaneously. And, quite frankly, I kind of hate that too.
It's definitely not Friends & Lovers (or 'The Change in Me' which was Cruz & Eden's theme on 'Santa Barbara').

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla had some other themes I liked better. "The Border" was perfect and "Watching Over You" was pretty good for the angstier times. But somehow they didn't make it for the long haul.

esp13
Member Avatar

I loved "The Border." That should have been the real theme song. I also liked the way they used "The Rose."

And I do love the sentiment behind "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight." I just don't like the actual song.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt, in your Days history thread from awhile back, I remember that you were confused when one of the synopses mentioned a car accident with the introduction of Rebecca. Well, now that can be cleared up. In an article posted on SON, a summary states that the reason Rebecca wanted to be a surrogate was because, before she came to Salem, her HUSBAND and CHILD, died in a car accident!

This makes me wonder if North was actually her maiden name or was just her first husband's surname, like Amanda Howard. And it is quite odd that Rebecca, Don and Maggie all have car accidents claiming the lives of loved ones as their back-story.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jan 31 2013, 10:04 PM.

LuLu2102

Speaking of songs, does anyone know if Takes My Breath Away by Tuck and Patti was ever used on Days? I heard it used on another show a while ago, and I kept getting little flashes of a soap opera couple. It could have been Another World or Santa Barbara, too, but I didn't watch those as obsessively and repeatedly as Days. It would have been in the late 80s, I think.

Here's a link to the song: YouTube - Takes My Breath Away

Any ideas?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

I've been watching some classic episodes from the 80's on YouTube and damn did they know how to do romance and longing back then! The stories don't interest me as much as the stories of the 90's but the writing for the couples was top notch back then.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Skip to :40.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Skip to 1:00.

Skip to :38.

Skip to :55.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Yesterday on danish tv was the episode where Carly stabbed Lawrence! Yes, we're watching episodes from 2009!,lol. Wiping some of the blood and her fingerprints off the knife, grabbing some papers from a drawer, getting her luggage and leaves. Next we saw of her was in a plane in a diva-disguise telling a fellow passenger that she's going home to Salem.

What a shocking scene to be re-introduced to longtime fans- and new fans that don't know/knew of her.
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 22 2013, 03:48 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
Feb 22 2013, 03:43 AM
Yesterday on danish tv was the episode where Carly stabbed Lawrence! Yes, we're watching episodes from 2009!,lol. Wiping some of the blood and her fingerprints off the knife, grabbing some papers from a drawer, getting her luggage and leaves. Next we saw of her was in a plane in a diva-disguise telling a fellow passenger that she's going home to Salem.

What a shocking scene to be re-introduced to longtime fans- and new fans that don't know/knew of her.
Episode # 11181 (OAD: 10/7/09).

Yesterday was episode # 12032 for the US.

Looks like the Dutch are 851 episodes behind the US!

six
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
Feb 22 2013, 03:43 AM

I hope you enjoyed that scene, because they're going to flash back to it approximately 90 more times before the story is over.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I re-watched the best wedding in DAYS history last night. It's just so perfect, and Deidre and Drake both did such a beautiful job. They both sort of just got lost in the moment, and they both were so perfectly on point with the little looks and touches during the ceremony, and especially John ("Roman") kissing Marlena as she arrived at his side, before the priest started talking. And then the song, which is perfectly J&M, and the most beautiful, touching vows.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Feb 3 2013, 09:07 AM
Speaking of songs, does anyone know if Takes My Breath Away by Tuck and Patti was ever used on Days? I heard it used on another show a while ago, and I kept getting little flashes of a soap opera couple. It could have been Another World or Santa Barbara, too, but I didn't watch those as obsessively and repeatedly as Days. It would have been in the late 80s, I think.

Here's a link to the song: YouTube - Takes My Breath Away

Any ideas?
For what it's worth it's not listed on the archived songs pages of Beth'sDaysPage.com. I'm not sure it was 100% thorough but it was pretty extensive.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply