Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (58,407 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Love the pics!

"Mickey's new blond psychiatrist..." LOL

jam6242
Member Avatar

Rebecca and Robert's wedding.

Posted Image

jam6242
Member Avatar

Mickey's sanity hearing.

Posted Image

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
May 18 2013, 03:43 PM
Love the pics!

Well, who knew "Mickey's new blond psychiatrist..." would turn out to be the greatest soap heroine of all time?

jam6242
Member Avatar

And here is Mickey's "blonde psychiatrist" around the pertinent time period!

Posted Image

jam6242
Member Avatar

And behind the scenes with Rosemary Forsyth (Laura).

Posted Image

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
May 18 2013, 05:08 PM
lysie
May 18 2013, 03:43 PM
Love the pics!

Well, who knew "Mickey's new blond psychiatrist..." would turn out to be the greatest soap heroine of all time?
Let's not go overboard. :ermm: Top 5, Definitely.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I always thought Rosemary Forsyth was strikingly beautiful. She was on a 1st season episode of Charlie's Angels right around the time she joined DAYS playing a model who's husband (Richard Mulligan) had been having an affair with another model who just so happened to be a dead ringer for Kelly and ended up strangled by a rag doll.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I'm loving these old photo's. It's so bizarre seeing DH so young, lol.

am103
Member Avatar

Question! I was doing a little Days research online and randomly stumbled upon this little gem: the son of Carrie and Austin is supposedly named Aaron Roman Reed. I found this under quite a few websites. Am I missing the episode when this was announced or is this information false? Thanks a lot!

lysie
Member Avatar

am103
May 20 2013, 10:49 PM
Question! I was doing a little Days research online and randomly stumbled upon this little gem: the son of Carrie and Austin is supposedly named Aaron Roman Reed. I found this under quite a few websites. Am I missing the episode when this was announced or is this information false? Thanks a lot!
Could you link to the sites?

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
May 21 2013, 08:56 AM
am103
May 20 2013, 10:49 PM
Could you link to the sites?
I tried to find the other sites again, but I couldn't. Wikipedia does have Aaron Roman Reed listed as the child of Carrie and Austin under the "Brady family" page, which is why I had assumed it to be false, but I was just double-checking here in the small event that this is factual.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

re: Drake's recent underperformances in the Bristen storyline

All of the discussion of how Drake is really not even trying to act in his most recent appearances led me on a search of good, compelling Drake performances. (First to admit - he's more charisma than acting talent, but it's always worked for me.)

Some of the good clips I came up with:

Father John encounters Devil!Isabella during the Possession. Drake displays subtext, longing, and confusion. It amazes how good he is in these scenes, considering the fact that he is portraying a man who recently discovered he's a priest, talking to a re-animated version of his dearly departed wife.

Drake brings it as Fr. John concludes that Izzy B is actually the devil.

Drake in the scenes with Victor on the plane prior to Da Plane.

John talks to Belle in the hospital (he's also particularly good in the flashbacks in the clip).

Anyway, I personally just needed proof that he's a pretty good performer.

Edited by nickyj12345, May 27 2013, 10:13 PM.

Kriss4

I liked it better when Drake played Roman. I loved that sibling vibe between him and his "brothers and sisters." He was great with Frank Parker and Peggy McCay also. I like John, too, but I just really liked him in the Roman role so much. It seemed so natural.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kriss4
May 27 2013, 11:07 PM
I liked it better when Drake played Roman. I loved that sibling vibe between him and his "brothers and sisters." He was great with Frank Parker and Peggy McCay also. I like John, too, but I just really liked him in the Roman role so much. It seemed so natural.
He does really well with family stuff. It's a shame that making him John stripped that from him. It didn't have to and there are times that it's still a part of his character, but nothing like it was before.

Kriss4

He's still a Brady cousin now, unless that story isn't going to ever be referred to again...so they could do more with that. It's kind of ideal if they'd use it. Brady and DiMera...Simple on the one hand, and complicated on the other.

I didn't like the Santo and Colleen story, but I did enjoy Colleen...the Shirley Jones stuff, I mean.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kriss4
May 27 2013, 11:16 PM
He's still a Brady cousin now, unless that story isn't going to ever be referred to again...so they could do more with that. It's kind of ideal if they'd use it. Brady and DiMera...Simple on the one hand, and complicated on the other.

I didn't like the Santo and Colleen story, but I did enjoy Colleen...the Shirley Jones stuff, I mean.
Yeah, but it was his sibling dynamic that was really good. And honestly, he could still have that. Biology isn't everything. They refer to it from time to time, they just don't show it.

Kriss4

I wish they would. I've watched some great Drake/Peter scenes, some great Drake/Mary Beth scenes, and some wonderful Drake and Patsy scenes...but they never show that tie as much anymore and they should.

I miss Drake as Roman, and if they could switch it back, I almost wish they would, except that his identity has been changed too much over the years.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

This is one of my favorite Hogestyn as Roman scenes.

I think some of his very best work came in 1987-88, especially the end of 1988 during the lead-up to Stefano's return. The pagoda stuff during the writers' strike was quite hokey, but it was turned into a pretty respectable storyline at the end.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply