Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (61,568 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jun 20 2013, 04:54 PM
six
Jun 20 2013, 04:49 PM
And is there an Adrienne/Justin site that has their story from the beginning?
bradyclanfan has uploaded Justin and Adrienne's beginning and alot of other 1986-1990 stuff, it's a great channel!

sorry....deleted....
Edited by talbab1994, Jun 21 2013, 09:16 PM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Danish tv has started airing the episodes, where the Horton family comes home to see Alice one last time.... so sad. Saw a flashback with a VERY young Julie (SSH) with Alice, and then a flashback with Alice & Bo (looks from 1997)...

jam6242
Member Avatar

The scenes with JJ in the police station reminded me of Julie when she shoplifted the mink stole. I was looking for the clip and found this. Julie as a teen, and in 2004, she hadn't changed a bit! :blulaugh:

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

I think I may have asked this before (my memory sucks), but what did you think of the women who played Caroline before Peggy McCay? The one I saw seemed more upscale.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

I've been reading the comments lately and they've been saying Camila Banus is leaving days after her contracts is done. I've been looking it up too see where Camila said that she wanted to leave but I couldn't find anything that says anything like that. Can someone tell me where there getting there info.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Jun 29 2013, 10:38 PM
I think I may have asked this before (my memory sucks), but what did you think of the women who played Caroline before Peggy McCay? The one I saw seemed more upscale.
Jody Carter was only seen in the background for two episodes, she might never even have spoken a word.

So the only other Caroline is Barbara Beckley, who was before my time, and I've pretty much only seen in fast-forward mode when doing the research on 1984. The biggest event she was involved in was the Bo/Hope wedding in England.

CarlD2

Thanks.

I've mostly only seen her when I watch a few of the Kim clips from 1984.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWd9BXlDYlU&list=PLA0765C0820351162

I was also going to ask how old Jennifer was when she, Laura, and Bill were all written out in 1980 (I think it was 1980). I think she was 4 or 5? I was watching one of the clips where Jennifer first came back and she talked about Laura sending her to therapy in the seventh grade.

I know they rewrote some of that for story purposes, I was just trying to remember her original age.

I guess I never bothered to watch most of Jennifer's return until now but I had no idea that Laura had been a part of her life for that many years. I'd always assumed Laura had been in the sanitarium from a very, very early age for Jennifer.
Edited by CarlD2, Jun 30 2013, 03:27 AM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Jun 29 2013, 10:38 PM
The other Carolines didn't make that much of an impression on me. But I do remember thinking Peggy McCay's Caroline was more suited to be married to someone like Shawn. However, I've always had trouble believing Victor would have been attracted to someone like her version.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Jun 30 2013, 03:01 AM
I was also going to ask how old Jennifer was when she, Laura, and Bill were all written out in 1980 (I think it was 1980). I think she was 4 or 5? I was watching one of the clips where Jennifer first came back and she talked about Laura sending her to therapy in the seventh grade.

I know they rewrote some of that for story purposes, I was just trying to remember her original age.

I guess I never bothered to watch most of Jennifer's return until now but I had no idea that Laura had been a part of her life for that many years. I'd always assumed Laura had been in the sanitarium from a very, very early age for Jennifer.
Jennifer Petersen was last seen as Jennifer on 7/4/79. Petersen was born in August 1974, so Jennifer was 5 years old when Bill & Laura left in 1980.

CarlD2

Thank you.

Watching some of Jennifer's return I'm surprised at how frank they actually were, with her admitting that some of the other girls had had to prostitute themselves. I don't know how people felt about the story at the time but watching it in clips, I can enjoy it, because it doesn't feel like a "teen" story to me, or a story where a character is aged and takes over the sow.

Seeing her interact with or be in the same room with characters like Anna and Eugene made me pause, as, for whatever reason, I tend to think of them as being in a different era of the show.
Edited by CarlD2, Jun 30 2013, 03:55 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Since some of the Salemites were at the lake today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Powerful scene when Marlena tells Stefano that Kristen is dead and later when he breaks down.

From 10:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqKkiZKh1s
Edited by Sindacco, Jul 5 2013, 04:11 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Jason, do you any idea of when Brady moved into the infamous Loft Apartment?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jul 7 2013, 12:39 PM
I'm into April 2002 at the moment, and Brady's most recent set (although not seen too often) was his bedroom at Marlena's Penthouse.

I don't remember typing Loft in quite some time, so I'll quickly check and see when the last time it appeared was prior to April 2002.

UPDATE:
Brady's Bedroom (Marlena's Penthouse) was most recently seen on 2/14/02.
Meanwhile, the loft has been rested for quite some time...it was last seen as John's Loft on 3/15/96...so it's over a six-year break for the loft.
And, from a few scripts I had from 2002 that I already typed up the cast lists for later in 2002, Brady's Loft is listed for 8/19/02.

So, the exact answer to your question will be coming soon, once I finish up the cast/set lists for April-August 2002!!

PS: The "set list" database is the next project coming once I wrap up the daily cast/set list data in 2014/2015. So, in a few years, all of the set list info will be released...which set led each year as the most seen set?? When did each set make its first and last appearance??

That's probably the last "big" research to do on the show, so by 2015 or so, I'll be pretty much "researched out"!!
Edited by Jason47, Jul 7 2013, 04:15 PM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 7 2013, 04:09 PM
Bright Eyes
I'm into April 2002 at the moment, and Brady's most recent set (although not seen too often) was his bedroom at Marlena's Penthouse.

I don't remember typing Loft in quite some time, so I'll quickly check and see when the last time it appeared was prior to April 2002.

The "Tour Through Salem" book published in 1999 says John sold the loft in 1997, but they brought the set back somehow, because Belle and Philip and Shawn Douglas and Mimi later lived there. Bright Eyes and I were trying to figure out how the show explained that.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jwsel
Jul 7 2013, 04:15 PM
Jason47
Jul 7 2013, 04:09 PM
Bright Eyes

The "Tour Through Salem" book published in 1999 says John sold the loft in 1997, but they brought the set back somehow, because Belle and Philip and Shawn Douglas and Mimi later lived there. Bright Eyes and I were trying to figure out how the show explained that.
Okay, we'll get more detailed info soon, I'm doing April 16 right now, the last week of Greta VonAmberg and Jack pretending to be gay in Las Vegas.

Once the loft pops up in my daily lists, I'll check the episode summary archive and post what Dustin said about the episode from all those years ago. Although, Dustin was pretty busy in 2002 it seems, as he was finishing up his degree at college and many summaries are just the smaller ones from NBC instead of his longer-written summaries.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Gee, how eerie is that??? You ask this question out of the blue at pretty much the exact moment that I'm typing up 4/22/02, when the loft re-appears!!!! :chee:

4/22/02: Belle, Brady, Chloe, Cynthia, John, Kate, Lucas, Mimi, Philip, Roman, Sami, Shawn, Delivery Man, Jan (FBO).
Sets: Lucas' Apartment, Sami's Apartment & Corridor, Int. Elevator of Sami/Lucas Apartment Building, John's Basic Black Office, .COM & Exterior, Marlena's Penthouse, John's Old Loft.

April 22, 2002 NBC Summary:
Belle is overwhelmed with confusion when Shawn accuses her of causing Jan's miscarriage. He questions Belle, and she is forced to admit that she did go to Shawn's house and had a fight with Jan. But, Belle swears that Jan was fine when she left; she wouldn't have left her if something was wrong! Driven by grief, Shawn lashes out at Belle, who is crushed that he doesn't believe her. Later, Belle starts to wonder if she did cause Jan's miscarriage. Overwhelmed with guilt, she tries to get Shawn to understand, but the only thing he can believe is that the baby is dead and Belle is to blame. Shawn leaves her in absolute agony, filled to the brim with the worst pain she's ever known... Chloe confronts Philip after seeing the video of him and Cynthia and she barrages him with hateful words. Philip tries to defend, but Chloe says she never wants to see him again. She leaves and almost collapses as her rush of anger wanes. Philip sees this and tries to help, but Chloe won't let him touch her. She gathers enough strength to get out of there on her own. In his frustration and anger, Philip lunges a trash can through the window at Dot Com... Brady reveals his mysterious plan to move out of the Penthouse and into a swinging, trendy new apartment. John has a different idea for Brady and takes him to an older apartment building. It turns out to be the loft where John, Isabella, and Brady lived when he was a child. At first Brady is uncomfortable with the idea of living here, but changes his mind when he accidentally drops a glass object and it doesn't break. He reads into this occurrence as a sign that he's destined to live here. After John and Brady have left, the drapes rustle softly in the still room... Sami, Lucas, and Kate are all waiting, confident that the tape is about to be theirs. However, when the overnight courier arrives, Roman is with him and inadvertently foils Sami's scheme to have the tape delivered to her. Sami, Kate, and Lucas all try to con Roman into handing over the package, but he doesn't trust any of them. Instead, Roman opts to send the package to Austin himself, leaving Sami and Kate vowing to succeed in getting that tape back!

Harmony233

been watching the Adrienne is raped by her father and kills him in self defense and blocks it out and steve lies to the cops that he did wow what a good story

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm watching 1984 and the New Orleans storyline right now. This time period had some of the best characters ever.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply