Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (60,496 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 11:46 AM
esp13
Oct 12 2013, 08:58 PM
six
Oct 12 2013, 04:43 PM
My early thoughts on this is that Steve is being insufferable and I'm not sure why Kayla is putting up with it.
They walked a very fine line with making Kayla determined, but not a doormat. In this section, they get a little too close to the doormat side. But that does get balanced out in the aftermath - particularly when Jack first shows up in town.
Oh, so Jack hasn't arrived at this point? Why is Jo being so cagey about Billy, then? I thought she met Harper and he threatened her into keeping quiet?
Well, I don't know exactly where you are, but Jack shows up after Adrienne remembers and gets Steve out of the charges. And I think Jo is being cagey because they are setting the anvils for Jack's arrival. The Harper thing was a retcon that makes no sense with anything surrounding Jack's initial arrival.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Okay, I'm not at that point yet.

I left off yesterday on clip 9 of the guilty plea story. Steve went over to Jo and Adrienne's and got uncomfortable when Adrienne wanted them to do something as a family. Adrienne pressed Jo to explain why she never seemed to want to find Billy. Jo claimed she didn't have a picture of Billy, but once Adrienne left, Jo took a picture of a baby out of its hiding spot.

six
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 12:55 PM

I left off yesterday on clip 9 of the guilty plea story. Steve went over to Jo and Adrienne's and got uncomfortable when Adrienne wanted them to do something as a family. Adrienne pressed Jo to explain why she never seemed to want to find Billy. Jo claimed she didn't have a picture of Billy, but once Adrienne left, Jo took a picture of a baby out of its hiding spot.
Wait, never mind on that clip - I'm watching 9 again now and that's definitely not where I left off; I'll have to figure out which one I should be watching.

ETA - I left off on 8 B. Starting 8 C now, if you want to join in, Kriss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS43To-4S14&list=PL98D6711235B14CA6
Edited by six, Oct 13 2013, 01:13 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 01:07 PM
six
Oct 13 2013, 12:55 PM

Wait, never mind on that clip - I'm watching 9 again now and that's definitely not where I left off; I'll have to figure out which one I should be watching.

ETA - I left off on 8 B. Starting 8 C now, if you want to join in, Kriss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS43To-4S14&list=PL98D6711235B14CA6
Okay. I definitely think the stuff about Billy on those clips was supposed to be an anvil. Not that I recognized it at the time. I do love that Adrienne always had those rose-colored glasses about being a family though.

six
Member Avatar

To esp13 - I may have just watched the end of clip 8 c, (where Steve and Kayla are crying and they both want to go to each other, but don't) more than once.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 01:26 PM
To esp13 - I may have just watched the end of clip 8 c, (where Steve and Kayla are crying and they both want to go to each other, but don't) more than once.
Oh, you got it bad now. :). I'm jumping to 9 to try and catch up.

Kriss4

Don't you appreciate how they can actually cry if need be?

Hee.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Is the place where Adrienne and Kayla work the Riverfront Clinic? (clip 11).
Edited by six, Oct 13 2013, 01:48 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Yep. I loved that place. It was totally a character in Steve and Kayla's story.

six
Member Avatar

I really like the Steve/Adrienne relationship so far. Did they ever reach a point where he was fully comfortable with her?

Watching the credits on 12 - I didn't know Bo was ever a Kiriakis by name.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 02:04 PM
I really like the Steve/Adrienne relationship so far. Did they ever reach a point where he was fully comfortable with her?

Oh yeah, things were much different with Steve and Adrienne as time went on. But she never lost the "my big brother is my hero" bit. Even during the second run it was there.

And I don't really remember Bo being called Kiriakis on the show either. Didn't realize he was listed that way on the credits.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Oct 13 2013, 02:09 PM
six
Oct 13 2013, 02:04 PM

Oh yeah, things were much different with Steve and Adrienne as time went on. But she never lost the "my big brother is my hero" bit. Even during the second run it was there.

And I don't really remember Bo being called Kiriakis on the show either. Didn't realize he was listed that way on the credits.
Didn't he go "under cover" as Victors son?

I vaguely remember something about him pretending to embrace the Kirakis family & Hope hating it.

Where are y'all finding all the clips in order?

Also, Six, you've got to keep going until Steve rescues Kayla when she's being poisoned by Harper. I LOVED that whole storyline & it sets up the rape.

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, Bo pretended to embrace the Kiriakis family during the Stockholm storyline. And he stayed at Victor's even after that. I just don't remember him being called Kiriakis even then. But my memory of the non S&k stuff during that time is a little suspect.

The clips are on YouTube. I can't link on my phone but search Steve and Kayla Guilty Plea and the playlist should come up.
Edited by esp13, Oct 13 2013, 02:18 PM.

six
Member Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL98D6711235B14CA6

Here you go, Soapy.

ETA - it's not showing up. I'll send it to you on twitter.

And yeah, I've realized that I have to see the rest of the story. I'm really enjoying the Johnsons as a whole.
Edited by six, Oct 13 2013, 02:26 PM.

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Oct 12 2013, 09:15 PM
esp13
Oct 12 2013, 08:44 PM
six
Oct 12 2013, 05:51 PM
I like that daydream Steve has two eyes.
I always loved that as well. I thought it was a great touch that in his fantasies, he saw himself as "whole" because it's a great way of showing that the loss of his eye never really stopped affecting him. I also loved that Steve's fantasies were romantic while Kayla's were very sexual. Just another way of keeping the characters from being stereotypes.
I especially loved the Lady In Red fantasy. :wub2:
This just happened. If you could see me, I'd look at you like this ^o)

esp13
Member Avatar

Sixxers - I'm going to warn you that the Lady in Red fantasy is coming up at about clip 16 or 17 or so. Please, please, please do not let it affect your newfound appreciation for Steve and Kayla. It really wasn't their fault.

Also, as a bit of trivia, Stephen Nichols son Aaron played young Steve in the fauxback clips.

Oops, too late.
Edited by esp13, Oct 13 2013, 02:35 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL98D6711235B14CA6

Here you go, Soapy.

ETA - it's not showing up. I'll send it to you on twitter.

And yeah, I've realized that I have to see the rest of the story. I'm really enjoying the Johnsons as a whole.
The Johnson family story is really good all the way through. It's always layered with all the complexities of their difficult and very different childhoods, how Jo's decisions affected all of them, and of course the lasting consequences of Steve/Kayla/Jack.

six
Member Avatar

Don't worry, I expected the schmoop and I'm prepared to overlook it, since the story is really solid, otherwise. :)

I remember hearing about SN's son being on the show. Good choice since he looks exactly like a mini SN.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Oct 13 2013, 02:42 PM
Don't worry, I expected the schmoop and I'm prepared to overlook it, since the story is really solid, otherwise. :)

I remember hearing about SN's son being on the show. Good choice since he looks exactly like a mini SN.
Phew. There is enough Velveeta in that clip to smother a city.

Kriss4

How far did you get, six? I've followed you to clip 11. Is that where you stopped? Or did you get to 12 or 13?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply