Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (63,223 Views)
MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Who says dreams can't come true? :)

The Room Stops
Nov 4 2013, 07:46 PM
MissFancyFace
Nov 4 2013, 08:21 AM
Are we allowed to post gifs and vids from DAYS' 80's in this thread?
At least videos :)
Cool! Thanks! B-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I simply had to post this after today's FABULOUS Wedding Interruptus...

Austin overhears Sami confess her lies to Lucas in Vegas

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Holy crap, Austin mentioned scrap booking in that clip. His passion will never die.

Serenity 808

The Vegas wedding was when I really got into Days. Looking back, I can't believe I was rooting for Sami and Austin to get married, but AS sure did make you feel sorry for her when Austin found out the truth. I think 2000-2005 Sami was my favorite, since she was still a bad girl but wasn't outright evil like she was in '97.

jam6242
Member Avatar

These are some scenes from the 1980 episode in which Tom & Alice celebrated their 50th anniversary with their family (the clip of everyone singing Always is on youtube). Lovely scene between Tom and Alice and much longer than the scenes we see today. There's a bit of interaction between Natasha Ryan's Hope and Doug and Julie. Natasha must have been around the same age as Lauren Boles here. Young Hope definitely looks like she could grow up and have a child who looks like Ciara.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/toms-memories/n25137/
Edited by jam6242, Nov 14 2013, 05:21 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

My favorite Sami wedding interrupters was the Brandon fiasco. I always loved in when Lucas plays a part in screwing up Sami's world. And he used to never get called out on his schemes while Sami's alway fell apart. Smart man.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I know of a site where can load YouTube videos where they play and you can chat about them as they are playing. This wouldn't replace the discussion going on in this thread but I thought it might be fun to watch and chat in real time maybe like a viewing party. If anybody would be interested.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Why isn't there a Classic GIFs Thread? To post gifs from DAYS gone by.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

jam6242
Nov 14 2013, 05:21 PM
These are some scenes from the 1980 episode in which Tom & Alice celebrated their 50th anniversary with their family (the clip of everyone singing Always is on youtube). Lovely scene between Tom and Alice and much longer than the scenes we see today. There's a bit of interaction between Natasha Ryan's Hope and Doug and Julie. Natasha must have been around the same age as Lauren Boles here. Young Hope definitely looks like she could grow up and have a child who looks like Ciara.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/toms-memories/n25137/
What an adorable clip! All those couples in it are so cute!! :applause:

Love Tom and Alice's playful banter! :wub:

Alice: "How's my hair?"
Tom: "Prettiest wig I ever saw."

Tom to Alice: "Will you please open it before you talk it to death?"

:lol: :cloud9: :lol:

They don't make 'em like that anymore. :frownie:

Natasha Ryan and Lauren Boles do look a lot alike, don't they? Baby Hope's portrayers and Baby Ciara's portrayers also resemble each other. ^_^ Ciara is gonna be quite a beauty when she grows up! :wub2: Like Hope recently said, "Like mother, like daughter". :wub:
Edited by MissFancyFace, Nov 16 2013, 02:51 AM.

six
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Nov 15 2013, 08:49 PM
I know of a site where can load YouTube videos where they play and you can chat about them as they are playing. This wouldn't replace the discussion going on in this thread but I thought it might be fun to watch and chat in real time maybe like a viewing party. If anybody would be interested.
That sounds like a really cool idea.

QueenB

Worst story line: Marlena's possession
Best: Jack/Jen love story from the very beginning to their wedding.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

six
Nov 16 2013, 09:10 AM
Miss Rhi
Nov 15 2013, 08:49 PM
That sounds like a really cool idea.
I thought so. The site is kind of basic looking but gets the job done.

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

I am watching the Isabella cancer storyline from 1992 and it was very well written and executed. They just don't write stories like they used to. I found this particular clip to be somewhat bittersweet. I loved how close Marlena and Isabella were. That's why the whole "Marlena jealous of Isabella" storyline during Langan's tenure was ridiculous and not true to history at all! Marlena loved Isabella and never had a reason to be jealous of her. John loved Isabella and she made him happy. As much of a die hard J&M fan I am, I can't help but truly be sad over Isabella dying. It was very tragic. But with her death came the part where Marlena helps John through his grief and their feelings for one another resurface. I also loved how Marlena was there for John while Isabella was sick before she died and after she died. I mean Marlena named she and John's daughter Belle after her, when Roman was still believed to be her father. And Marlena helped raise John and Isabella's son, Brady. She raised him and loved him as her own. That doesn't sound like hate or jealousy to me. ^o) Enjoy! :biggrin:

The Marlena/Isabella scene starts at 8:25. I will admit I cried. :'(

Here is a continuation of that scene between Marlena and Isabella.

Edited by i<3ddjmalways, Nov 19 2013, 05:19 PM.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Given that the rumors are running fast and furious due to Charlotte Ross tweeting about her meeting today with Meng and Whitesell, I thought I'd drop a link here for the beginnings of the Eve Donovan story. How awesome would it be for her to be back on canvas full-time! We'd finally have someone who could put Pod-Jennifer in her place.

six
Member Avatar

Does anyone know where I can find a clip of the time Justin ran into Adrienne in the park and she tells him a story?

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Is this the clip you mean, where she quotes "How Do I Love Thee" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Eve's Party Fail featuring Charlotte Ross, Steve Burton, & Scott Reeves and in separate scenes, Billy Warlock, Melissa (Brennan then) Reeves, Frances Reid, & Macdonald Carey (brief appearances by Karen Moncrief, Charles Shaughnessy, & Patsy Pease).

six
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Nov 23 2013, 11:36 PM
Is this the clip you mean, where she quotes "How Do I Love Thee" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning?

Thanks, but no. It should be in the same park, but earlier in their relationship. One of their first (but not the actual first) meetings.
Edited by six, Nov 24 2013, 09:17 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCHLPz0MQV4

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

granolagirl
Nov 24 2013, 12:23 PM
I always forget just how romantic these two were until I see these scenes again. Feeling kind of swoon-ish over here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply