Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (65,112 Views)
six
Member Avatar

That's it! Thanks.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

You're welcome!

Quote:

I always forget just how romantic these two were until I see these scenes again. Feeling kind of swoon-ish over here.

Some of those early meeting scenes are very sweet. I love Justin's speech about spring the first time they run into each other, and then the paper boat when he betrays her by showing up in his tux at the party before the lab explosion. (Because Victor didn't want Mike to cure cancer. Hee.)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FULL EPISODES FROM 30 YEARS AGO!

December 1, 1983

December 2, 1983

December 5, 1983

December 6, 1983

December 7, 1983

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OMG! I'm watching the 1st one and these are the episode surrounding Bo/Alice breaking Roman out of jail with DONUTS!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Nov 27 2013, 12:37 AM
OMG! I'm watching the 1st one and these are the episode surrounding Bo/Alice breaking Roman out of jail with DONUTS!
Frances Reid - :hail:

I love how every single Horton instantly became anti-Bo after Alice was said to have been involved in the DonutEscape. (well, everyone but Hope, of course. lol.)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bah! "I'll go over your heads!"

Oh, look. Anna is suggesting she might take Carrie & leave Salem and everyone (i.e. Marlena & Gene) are having a bitchfit that Anna might dare take her daughter away from Roman. The more things change...

jam6242
Member Avatar

I came across some vintage Days photos (including from the 60s and 70s) on Getty images. Some good pictures if you don't mind the Getty and NBC logos when you enlarge them. I tried to sort them by date but unfortunately some are labeled 1900!

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAOy9B2AcSZYlJi9tynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2dvPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In7dfLn91et79-79Hr_2V6-Pf92zRXaR_5q_xq_xazym___ms-y6SavztFrXaVlc5s2vOcJ38vzaX56f2z_0wbefvM6zejr_opjNyvxNkdfjV_l5scwX-bL1fj1dtvX1b67v_djug53dew_v7e9snRw_Sl88Ofm4ST96qt1_Sd0_R_cfpdspQW-qZfrAImJ--TWTuqral1mdLZpfVz_7tfD_3R38ese0_93NL7-Z-eW3_jV8DH5T-uvXe_f6ujl9hy8B_tf0_sbza2V25L-m_o6efu3sfGrRMn_g_782fu4wMovWvblofy39_bf4NSye_Ot9_vXXIRClbW7_ArRfl_6oF7az8M9fH8138devx59PLIzO3_zaeQjF_slQdiyU8w4U9ze_VodQ7J8MZc9CqTtQ3N9Er9y89Gvij19b_2Di7eK339C0_Y3xD2hHNMlX5tNfM_jr184njf3G_MFTkDscvN9_rdw1937_tZvVyn6OPwyOv5V98XLqXnS__zpV7TGQ_Yu_muT-V-YvPL_27Gppfv81zR-_Dv7frL3xBH_92nnmMPD_oN9X_hf2j1-3CaCFf_7a7549dxNBf9gvstrDzfvjN2qm1Sp_sl6SwDuowacG4I8DzoOd-_j91yEeWtvmwV9EaG9I9Id5H3zw6z7LyiZnCPNa3hFC4i_T8GNA2dt7yM0mQbOJ1-wTrxkxnRNO_49f78tyljft_xMAAP__9sIhgisFAAA.&bci=

I wanted to single out this page from 1968 because it has a photo of Edward Mallory with Mariette Hartley. I never knew she was on Days. Jason, if you read this, do you know anything about that?

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAOy9B2AcSZYlJi9tynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2dvPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In7dfLn91et79-79Hr_2V6-Pf92zRXaR_5q_xq_xazym___ms-y6SavztFrXaVlc5s2vOcJ38vzaX56f2z8ij2n5ayZ1VbUvszpbNL-OfvZr4f-7O_j1jmn_u5tffjP885vS_3-9d6-vm9N3DAT_9_5mIJnt_9fU3wH3187OpxZL8wf-_2vj5w53vWjdm4v219Lff4tfw2LFv97nX38dAlHa5vYvQPt16Y96YTsL__z10XwXf_16_PnEwuj8za-dh1Dsnwxlx0I570Bxf_NrdQjF_slQ9iyUugPF_U30ys1Lvyb--LX1DybeLn77DU3b3xj_gHZEk3xlPv01g79-7XzS2G_MHzwFucPB-_3Xyl1z7_dfu1mt7Of4w-D4W9kXL6fuRff7r1PVHgPZv_irSe5_Zf7C82vPrpbm91_T_AHe_XWatTee4K9fO88cBv4f9PvK_8L-8es2AbTwz1_73bPnbiLoD_tFVnu4eX_8Rs20WuVP1stZ6REx-NQA_HHAebBzH7__OsRDa9s8-IsI7Q2J_jDvgw9-3WdZ2eQMYV7LO0JI_GUafgwoe3sPudkkaDbxmn3iNSOmc8Lp__HrfVnO8qb9fwIAAP__pErobbEEAAA.&rid=170138255&rcat=Event&rt=CA%3a+NBC%27s+%22Days+of+Our+Lives%22+-+Season+3
Edited by jam6242, Nov 29 2013, 01:13 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jam6242
Nov 29 2013, 01:03 PM
I wanted to single out this page from 1968 because it has a photo of Edward Mallory with Mariette Hartley. I never knew she was on Days. Jason, if you read this, do you know anything about that?
Someone asked me this question years back, so I remember having to check about Mariette Hartley before.

Mariette was never on Days. The photo is not labeled correctly. In 1968, Ed Mallory directed Mariette in a play.

Here's the Google News article:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19680407&id=hS8xAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lgEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5962,6398239

jam6242
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 29 2013, 03:51 PM
jam6242
Nov 29 2013, 01:03 PM
Someone asked me this question years back, so I remember having to check about Mariette Hartley before.

Mariette was never on Days. The photo is not labeled correctly. In 1968, Ed Mallory directed Mariette in a play.

Here's the Google News article:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19680407&id=hS8xAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lgEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5962,6398239
Thanks Jason! I did wonder whether it was something like that. I noticed a few of the other photos were actually of the actors in other projects. I hated to think I had missed Mariette on Days as I had started watching a bit by then.

rebelstarter

I was born in 1986 and basically grew up watching Days. Some of my earliest memories involve Eve Donovan, Jack and Jennifer, Patch and Kayla, Roman (Drake)....but it wasn't until the classic Buried Alive storyline in 1993 that I got hooked! The storyline aired during the summer, so even though I was only 7, I made sure to watch every episode from 1 to 2 PM! Carly was my favourite heroine at the time, and I was so shocked to tune in one day and see Carly in her coffin, seemingly dead but apparently conscious!

After Carly left the show, I watched semi-regularly, but it wasn't until the Possession (Days' best storyline) that I was permanently hooked. I religiously watched Days until August 2001. I just couldn't handle the writing anymore. My favourite character, Carrie, was long gone, and my favourite new couple, Philip and Chloe, had been torn apart in favour of her and Brady. When the new head writers took over in 2002, I watched a few episodes, especially when Tony and Billie returned, but I was still unable to fully get back into it.

Then, in August 2003, I started watching again for James E. Reilly. He is the definitive Days headwriter, in my opinion. I LOVED the Salem Stalker storyline! I was upset that Jack and Victor were killed, but none of the other deaths bothered me. The show was must-see tv for the first time in years! I was even excited when everyone turned out to be alive and on the island. Melaswen reminded me of the action/adventure stories from the 80s. Once that story ended, I lost interest a little bit but continued to watch on and off until Carrie and Austin returned in 2005. When Jim Reilly left in 2006, and Carrie, Austin, and Jack were fired, I had finally had enough. I stopped watching again.

During the 2007-08 Writers Strike, I decided to give Days a chance again. John had amnesia and I was looking forward to watching him and Marlena fall in love again. But after about a month, it was clear that wasn't happening.

Finally, in 2011, after pretty much 5 years of not watching, I returned to Days along with my faves: John, Marlena, Carrie, Austin, Jack (and later, Lucas and Billie). I was so excited that James E. Reilly's proteges were the new headwriters! Surely they would bring the show back to its glory days under Reilly.

Boy, was I wrong.

"MarDar"'s stories were boring and lacked drama. Poor Jack was completely thrown under the bus. MarDar spent most of their time trying to tear apart my favourite couple, Carrie and Austin. When MarDar were let go and Carrie, Austin and Jack were fired, I decided to give up on the show once and for all. The last full episode I watched was Carrie and Austin's last appearance in July 2012. As much as I love Jack, I wasn't going to come back after the Olympics only to watch him get killed off.

Now, as much as I dislike MarDar, at least they gave Carrie and Austin a child (although thanks to those hacks Tomsell, we didn't get to see the baby born onscreen [a similar situation happened in the early 90s with Justin, Adrienne and Jackson/"Sonny"]).

I vowed never to watch again until Carrie, Austin and Jack were back, but then Days brought back one of my all-time faves: Kristen! I watched her return episodes, including her "reunion" with John and Marlena, but was extremely let down. When Kristen exited in 1998, everyone except Stefano believed she had committed suicide. Kristen's return from the dead should have been epic and dramatic! Her return should have been worthy of her amazing exit storyline, but instead Kristen confronts Marlena in the woods, and Marlena is barely surprised to see her. She found out OFFSCREEN that Kristen was alive! Just dreadful. I quit Days again right there on the spot (I had planned to DVR Days and only watch the John/Marlena/Kristen story).

Recently, I DVRed Days for the Shane/Kim scenes. They are another supercouple I love. But it's clear that as long as those hacks Tomsell are writing the show and my favourite characters (Carrie, Austin, Jack, Billie, Patch, Bo, Kristen/Susan, etc.) are offscreen, I won't be watching again full time. It's sad and disappointing because I loved this show so much at one point, and now it's just a dreadful shell of its former self.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I have a sudden random question... what ever happened to Tuscany? I miss that place. I wanna say that it got closed down and made into something else, but I cant think of what.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Nov 30 2013, 08:49 PM
I have a sudden random question... what ever happened to Tuscany? I miss that place. I wanna say that it got closed down and made into something else, but I cant think of what.
I have this in my 2004 file:

4/8/04: Belle, Bo, Bonnie, Celeste, Hope, Jennifer, Lexie, Mickey, Mimi, Patrick, Philip, Rex, Shawn, Julie, Young Bo, Young Hope, Blue County/Band, Dwight, Dancer # 1, Dancer # 2, Dancer # 3, Dancer # 4, Dancer # 5.
Sets: Alice's Bar & Exterior (formerly Tuscany), Trauma Center, Jennifer's House & Exterior, Bo & Hope's Bedroom, Belle's Loft.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
I was thinking Alice's Bar was a different set, but that seems right in another way. Mickey gave it to Bonnie while they thought everyone was dead and everyone thought it was tacky to turn it into Alice's, complete with caricature of a cowgirl Alice.

I'm pretty sure Maggie ran it under a new name (it was some kind of play on "red") and it was back to being classy. This was during the RoboJohn period.

Keith
Member Avatar

Titus Andronicus
Nov 30 2013, 09:20 PM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
I was thinking Alice's Bar was a different set, but that seems right in another way. Mickey gave it to Bonnie while they thought everyone was dead and everyone thought it was tacky to turn it into Alice's, complete with caricature of a cowgirl Alice.

I'm pretty sure Maggie ran it under a new name (it was some kind of play on "red") and it was back to being classy. This was during the RoboJohn period.
Chez Rogue. :)

rebelstarter

Titus Andronicus
Mean, Mean, Mean!

Yes, Bonnie turned Tuscany into Alice's. When Maggie returned from the dead and Mickey chose her, he bought her a new restaurant, Chez Rouge. It is not the same restaurant or set as Tuscany. It may be the same restaurant and set as Chez Vous, a similar restaurant seen throughout the 90s.

rebelstarter

Titus Andronicus
Mean, Mean, Mean!
I was thinking Alice's Bar was a different set, but that seems right in another way. Mickey gave it to Bonnie while they thought everyone was dead and everyone thought it was tacky to turn it into Alice's, complete with caricature of a cowgirl Alice.<br /><br />I'm pretty sure Maggie ran it under a new name (it was some kind of play on "red") and it was back to being classy. This was during the RoboJohn period.
Yes, Bonnie turned Tuscany into Alice's. When Maggie returned from the dead and Mickey chose her, he bought her a new restaurant, Chez Rouge. It is not the same restaurant or set as Tuscany. It may be the same restaurant and set as Chez Vous, a similar restaurant seen throughout the 90s.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone! :)

They should bring back Chez Rouge.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I would rather see Tuscany back.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Nov 30 2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

They should bring back Chez Rouge.
They brought it back briefly a couple of years ago. Then they decided it was all coffee shops all the time.

rebelstarter

The last time I remember seeing it was in Vivian and Ivan's final episode in 2011. Now their formal restaurant is the friggin' Horton Town Square!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply