Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (52,203 Views)
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 1 2013, 03:05 AM
I would rather see Tuscany back.
Well, yeah, me too, but since its already been changed into something else...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I wish they'd bring back the Penthouse Grille.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ahem.

I still want Doug's Place (aka Blondie's aka Wings)

Jason47
Member Avatar

All this talk of the sets....that database is coming hopefully next year!! A complete list of every set...its first and last appearance, and rankings, etc....

First I have to finish up the cast info though.

six
Member Avatar

Does anyone know why the show got rid of Joseph Adams (Jack #1)?

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

The speculation I've heard is that they wanted someone who more resembled the Duke actor and with more of an edge, knowing the turn the character was going to be taking. (Not that Jack#2 fulfilled the second point very successfully.)

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Nov 30 2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

They should bring back Chez Rouge.

There was a period of time when Sheffer was writing, when the teens were hanging out there like it was Starbucks.
Edited by granolagirl, Dec 3 2013, 05:38 PM.

six
Member Avatar

That makes sense. Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking with Jack #2. The only reason he's not completely forgettable is that he's a carbon copy of JJ, just a few years older.
Edited by six, Dec 3 2013, 06:14 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Probably one of the best music cues ever used on this show, imo.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

granolagirl
Dec 3 2013, 05:35 PM
The speculation I've heard is that they wanted someone who more resembled the Duke actor and with more of an edge, knowing the turn the character was going to be taking. (Not that Jack#2 fulfilled the second point very successfully.)

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Nov 30 2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

They should bring back Chez Rouge.

There was a period of time when Sheffer was writing, when the teens were hanging out there like it was Starbucks.
Which Jack (#1 or #2) had all the blind items about having mistreated MBE? I thought it was #2, but someone on another board recently indicated it was #1.

The story goes that Drake and Stephen Nichols had to take him outside to "discuss" his behavior and that was pretty much that for him.

Quote:

Probably one of the best music cues ever used on this show, imo.

No one has ever touched Marty Davich when it comes to music on this show.
Edited by somuchwhatever, Dec 10 2013, 01:58 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

That was Jack #2 when MBE was heavily pregnant... or so the 25 year old rumors go. ;)

I did see at one point recently that both Jack #1 and Jack #2 aired for 3 months, so whatever the reason they were let go, it was exactly at the contract cycle.

Jason47
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Dec 10 2013, 02:02 AM
I did see at one point recently that both Jack #1 and Jack #2 aired for 3 months, so whatever the reason they were let go, it was exactly at the contract cycle.
Yes, both got cut after their first 13-week cycles. They would have had to pay them anyway, so why not use up the full 13 weeks.

Joseph Adams 4/10/87-7/17/87
James Acheson 7/21/87-10/26/87

drewdimera

I'm watching the 1992 Stella vs. Marlena/The Pit story. It's damn good! Suspenseful and the actress playing Stella was awesome. Even Marlena was wonderfully feisty. Good stuff!

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I was watching some old AMC and Roman/Diana Dool and just wanted to post a cool thank you ad from 1988 when Dool hit #1 in the ratings. Includes many familiar faces...

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

JtSmarts
Jan 8 2014, 09:29 PM
I was watching some old AMC and Roman/Diana Dool and just wanted to post a cool thank you ad from 1988 when Dool hit #1 in the ratings. Includes many familiar faces...

Ah! 1988 - the height of the Steve/Kayla/Jack triangle, Mike and April happening, Justin and Adrienne imploding because of Anjelica, Roman and Diana... it's no wonder they were number 1. That year was smoking hot for DAYS.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I came across this picture of Susan Seaforth Hayes with Ryan MacDonald, the last actor who played Julie's first husband, Scott Banning. Julie was cheating on Scott with Doug at this time. MacDonald was a centerfold (I think the first) for Playgirl magazine around the same time. I remember there was actually a contest for who women wanted to see in the magazine and he won. His character was dull but it was kind of a shame they killed him off.

Posted Image

jam6242
Member Avatar

Delete.
Edited by jam6242, Jan 9 2014, 06:30 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jan 9 2014, 06:24 PM
I came across this picture of Susan Seaforth Hayes with Ryan MacDonald, the last actor who played Julie's first husband, Scott Banning. Julie was cheating on Scott with Doug at this time. MacDonald was a centerfold (I think the first) for Playgirl magazine around the same time. I remember there was actually a contest for who women wanted to see in the magazine and he won. His character was dull but it was kind of a shame they killed him off.

Posted Image
His stint as Scott was before my time. but Ryan MacDonald came back to Days from 1991-1992 as part of the Hawk storyline, playing attorney Chauncey Powell. Thanks for the picture...haven't seen that one before!
Edited by Jason47, Jan 9 2014, 09:22 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I love that you can tell that's taken in the Horton Living Room because that set has stayed virtually the same with only minor updating here and there for the entire run of the show. Far and away my favorite set.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Hey, friends.

I am on a bit of an Ejabby high. Definitely one of the most compelling affairs I have watched on Days in years. I have watched those scenes at the Love Shack, errr... The Horton Cabin too many times.

Give me something new to watch. What is your favorite affair/infidelity storyline? (Points if you provide YT links.)

Mine is obvi (see avatar) The Affair between J&M when Belle was conceived. Start to finish, it was perfect - a good woman torn between two good men, who can't help herself or her attraction to her ex. From the Pit to the $100k Dance to Belle's kidnapping, it was just a well-executed story that affected the whole Salem canvas.

jam6242
Member Avatar

My favorite is the affair Doug and Julie had while Julie was married to her first husband, Scott Banning. Julie's rival, Susan Martin, who was in love with Scott, had hired Doug to seduce Julie but he fell in love with her instead. The affair lasted nearly two years until Julie's newly-widowed mother Addie came back to Salem, fell for Doug herself, and impulsively proposed to Doug, who accepted after Julie had impulsively broken up with him a few hours earlier! Unfortunately, there aren't many clips available from that time except:

Doug and Julie's first kiss:

And this clip from right before they made love for the first time (around 1:07):

And a fantasy of Doug and Julie dancing to "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World," which he used to sing to her often (around 7:55):

Edited by jam6242, Jan 11 2014, 07:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply