Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (57,902 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't remember too many good affairs during my Days watching years. Loved Steve and Kayla's affair during her marriage to Jack, of course. Was just thinking of that scene where she's explaining the situation to Mickey Horton after the rape and says, "We just couldn't let go of each other." Sigh...

The only other ones that come to mind are Daniel/Chloe, Chloe/Philip (really a ONS), and Belle/Philip in recent years. Also Mike and Carrie. I did enjoy them all on some level although they aren't my favorite stories.
Edited by granolagirl, Jan 11 2014, 07:38 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

granolagirl
Jan 11 2014, 07:34 PM
I don't remember too many good affairs during my Days watching years. Loved Steve and Kayla's affair during her marriage to Jack, of course. Was just thinking of that scene where she's explaining the situation to Mickey Horton after the rape and says, "We just couldn't let go of each other." Sigh...

The only other ones that come to mind are Daniel/Chloe, Chloe/Philip (really a ONS), and Belle/Philip in recent years. Also Mike and Carrie. I did enjoy them all on some level although they aren't my favorite stories.
Aw, I have to second S&K. On DAYS, it just doesn't get any better than Steve & Kayla during her marriage to Jack. Probably my favorite soap triangle ever and my second favorite cheating arc ever (with first place going to Mason/Julia on Santa Barbara).

My guess is if you get started, you won't be able to put it down until you've gone all the way through S&K's first wedding at the very least (although being an obsessive Matt Ashford/Jack fan, I usually keep going straight through Jack's redemption arc with J&J.). This channel has all of the storylines for Steve, Kayla, Jack and Jennifer (and a bunch of others) through Cruise of Deception and just after.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Jan 11 2014, 05:58 PM
Hey, friends.

I am on a bit of an Ejabby high. Definitely one of the most compelling affairs I have watched on Days in years. I have watched those scenes at the Love Shack, errr... The Horton Cabin too many times.

Give me something new to watch. What is your favorite affair/infidelity storyline? (Points if you provide YT links.)

Mine is obvi (see avatar) The Affair between J&M when Belle was conceived. Start to finish, it was perfect - a good woman torn between two good men, who can't help herself or her attraction to her ex. From the Pit to the $100k Dance to Belle's kidnapping, it was just a well-executed story that affected the whole Salem canvas.

That's exactly why I loved John & Marlena... it made sense. We saw why it happened. We saw it happen. We saw the consequences of what happened.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Came across this picture of Julie's bridesmaids from her 1976 wedding to Doug. L-R, Maggie Horton (Suzanne Rogers), Amanda Peters (Mary Frann), Rebecca LeClair (Brooke Bundy), and Laura Horton (Rosemary Forsyth), with little Hope (Natasha Ryan) :wub2: as the flower girl in front.

Posted Image

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 4 2013, 01:55 AM
Probably one of the best music cues ever used on this show, imo.

:( I miss Marty's background music he really had a way with his music and it added so much to the show... this cue always makes me flash back to any of Marlena's scenes where she was grieving/talking about Roman after he died (they also used this cue when Marlena "died" in 1986) so it always makes me cry

Sindacco
Member Avatar

They also played that cue during Roman and Marlena scenes in 1994, Marty's last year on the show.

six
Member Avatar

Where did Jessica Blake's last name come from? I'm assuming it was an adoptive name and not just an alias. Do we know anything about that family?

I've been thinking about what it would be like if Nick had ties to Kristen and Peter.

Jason47
Member Avatar

six
Jan 28 2014, 04:34 PM
Where did Jessica Blake's last name come from? I'm assuming it was an adoptive name and not just an alias. Do we know anything about that family?
Probably just one of the "fake names" they use when bringing someone's unknown relative to town...such as "Melanie Layton" (even though she was raised by Max's father, Trent Robbins), "EJ Wells" (even though he was Stefano's son) and "Taylor Raines" (even though she was Nicole's sister). Although that was before I started watching, so I don't know much about her backstory.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I was watching when Jessica first came to Salem but I can't remember how she got the name Blake. Alex Marshall took a liking to her and paid for her nursing school tuition before he even knew she was his daughter. Then he adopted her which I found very strange since she was over 18. But that must mean her original adoptive parents were dead or she just grew up in an orphanage and took that name. Marie had given her the name Angelique when she gave her up for adoption.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Was it not her father? Maria Horton is her mother.

six
Member Avatar

Like Jam6242 said, her father is Alex Marshall.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Tripp
Jan 28 2014, 05:55 PM
Was it not her father? Maria Horton is her mother.
No, Alex Marshall is Jessica's father through a one night stand with Marie when she was in New York (off-screen).

jam6242
Member Avatar

And if I'm remembering correctly, Alex and Marie were high on drugs when Jessica was conceived.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

If I remember the story correctly, Jessica was adopted as a baby by the Blake family, but her adoptive parents were killed shortly before she arrived in Salem (as a 18-19 year old), making her an orphan, but she didn't know she was adopted (I don't think). We're actually just now getting to the very beginnings of the Alex/Marie/Jessica story in the SOD Synopses thread ;)

CarlD2

never mind I found the answer
Edited by CarlD2, Feb 1 2014, 02:03 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Approximately 1981 (pre-Marlena's rape)

Trish, Maggie, Josh Fallon, Marlena, Mary, Marie, Kellam, Alex, Jessica, Neil, Alice, Tom

CarlD2

Thanks. I'm subscribed to that channel and I'd never even seen those. I think there are some from several years ago that have a similar ? in the title so I got them mixed up.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I had to post this amazing Nick and Eve montage I found the other day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZU7KZbWkx0

jam6242
Member Avatar

A clip from "Sanford and Son" with Fred trying to explain the Mickey/Laura/Bill triangle to Lamont. :blulaugh: Eileen Davidson's father-in-law, Dick Van Patten, is seen briefly in the clip.

Edited by jam6242, Feb 1 2014, 12:20 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Omg I just finished watching johns death from 2007 and read a comment that Deidre Hall cried on the DAYS soundstage for 30 mins alone after they wrapped those death scenes...is that true? Can anyone confirm?
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 1 2014, 07:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply