Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (57,875 Views)
Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 1 2014, 07:03 PM
Omg I just finished watching johns death from 2007 and read a comment that Deidre Hall cried on the DAYS soundstage for 30 mins alone after they wrapped those death scenes...is that true? Can anyone confirm?
I think that's true. I think I remember reading an interview around that time about them not acting, and crying real tears. They really thought he was gone from the show since he was fired. There was a certain finality about it, and he had expressed his dissatifaction for his lack of airtime for the year 2007. He spent the first few month in a coma, coming out of it only to read some ancient love letters. He even said that that would be his "final mission"...

I just saw Deidre Hall's final scene from 1987... Just so sad and heartbreaking. What a truly amazing actress she is!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Okay, this is going to be a random question but... how old was Megan Hathaway exactly while she was on the show? I'm asking because from what I understand she went to school with both Hope and Bo and Hope had turned 18 during that time period. And I think Bo may be older or younger than her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Renee DiMera's big speech where she tears EVERYONE apart right before she's murdered.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Oak Alley
Feb 18 2014, 05:02 PM
Mitchapalooza
Omg I just finished watching johns death from 2007 and read a comment that Deidre Hall cried on the DAYS soundstage for 30 mins alone after they wrapped those death scenes...is that true? Can anyone confirm?
I think that's true. I think I remember reading an interview around that time about them not acting, and crying real tears. They really thought he was gone from the show since he was fired. There was a certain finality about it, and he had expressed his dissatifaction for his lack of airtime for the year 2007. He spent the first few month in a coma, coming out of it only to read some ancient love letters. He even said that that would be his "final mission"...

I just saw Deidre Hall's final scene from 1987... Just so sad and heartbreaking. What a truly amazing actress she is!
She truly is. And I miss the days when she was given screen time (let alone material) to show that. John's death proved how truly brilliant she is. I loved her choices, and I was afraid they'd choose a direction where it became about hysteria (*cough*Sami*cough*)... because Deidre hates doing the BIG scenes, with the screaming and crying. She thinks they should be kept to a minimum for effect (she said something beautiful about Kristian's scene during the Zach death that also pointed that out, and I wish I'd written it down). I'm so glad they let her choose to underplay it. It fit Marlena so well, it fit John and Marlena so well... and if he had truly been dead and gone... it would have been a beautifully done death... even if it was stupid to kill him off in the first place.
Edited by The Room Stops, Feb 23 2014, 11:26 AM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
It was in the SOD Interview celebrating them after they were fired.

"When it was over, I couldn't stop weeping, so I cried for about a half an hour after we wrapped. I just stood onstage and watched him say goodbye to people and wept. It was terrible and unspeakably painful. I was so distraught. That's when people finally got it that is is not a joke; this is a good-bye."

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Mitchapalooza
Jason47's page is a treasure trove of Deidre and Drake interviews. If you go to the link below and scroll down to the article October 29, 2007: "Blackout" by Stephanie Sloane, it talks about Deidre's reaction to taping those death scenes.

http://www.jason47.com/days/deedrakeinterviews3.html

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 23 2014, 12:38 AM
Renee DiMera's big speech where she tears EVERYONE apart right before she's murdered.

It's an amazing scene. It's weird to me that they did almost a straight copy of it in 1987 as a prelude for Emma's murder. Jane Windsor was darn good at lighting people up, but she had nothing on Philece Sampler's delivery.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

And both of them married Alex before their deaths.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Titus Andronicus
Feb 23 2014, 09:11 PM
Matt
Feb 23 2014, 12:38 AM

It's an amazing scene. It's weird to me that they did almost a straight copy of it in 1987 as a prelude for Emma's murder. Jane Windsor was darn good at lighting people up, but she had nothing on Philece Sampler's delivery.

Edited by Matt, Feb 23 2014, 11:26 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Just saw this string of FULL EPISODES (2 1/2 weeks!) posted on youtube...

The tail end of Hope's 18th birthday party when Bo & Hope try to make love for the 1st time & Doug has a heart attack!

JANUARY 3, 1984

JANUARY 4, 1984

JANUARY 5, 1984

JANUARY 6, 1984

JANUARY 7, 1984

JANUARY 10, 1984

JANUARY 11, 1984

JANAURY 12, 1984

JANUARY 13, 1984

JANUARY 16, 1984

JANUARY 17, 1984

JANUARY 18, 1984

Edited by Matt, Mar 2 2014, 01:32 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

MORE!

JANUARY 19, 1984

JANUARY 20, 1984

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

EVEN MORE!

JANUARY 23, 1984

JANUARY 24, 1984

JANUARY 25, 1984

JANUARY 26, 1984

JANUARY 27, 1984

JANUARY 30, 1984

JANUARY 31, 1984

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And now there's a string of 1992 episodes!

DECEMBER 7, 1992

DECEMBER 8, 1992

DECEMBER 10, 1992

DECEMBER 11, 1992

Edited by Matt, Mar 2 2014, 01:20 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FEBRUARY 1, 1984

FEBRUARY 2, 1984

FEBRUARY 3, 1984

Edited by Matt, Mar 2 2014, 05:50 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

It's risky to upload full episodes. Those are usually the accounts that gets suspended.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Sindacco
Mar 2 2014, 01:09 PM
It's risky to upload full episodes. Those are usually the accounts that gets suspended.
the accounts that upload full episodes of current or recent episodes, yes. but most of the classic episodes are okay.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 1 2014, 12:08 AM
Just saw this string of FULL EPISODES (2 1/2 weeks!) posted on youtube...

JANUARY 10, 1984

Thanks Matt. January 10, 1984 was one of only 3 episodes I had never had a chance to see, so I got to watch this for the first time this weekend and confirm if any changes were needed to the script's cast/set list, but none were needed. Now, there are just two more episodes (both from February 1984) that I hope will be uploaded soon, to see if they match the script's cast/set lists (which sometime differ if there is a last-minute change). Then, I will have seen every episode from 1/1/84-present!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

More DAYS goodness I see...

September 26, 1989 - Kayla/Steve/Marina

September 27, 1989 - Nick/Eve & Mike/April

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Matt
Mar 2 2014, 05:53 PM
September 27, 1989 - Nick/Eve & Mike/April

Rick Hearst with that curly hair! Still such a babe to this day.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

MORE from 1984!

FEBRUARY 6, 1984

FEBRUARY 7, 1984

FEBRUARY 8, 1984

FEBRUARY 9, 1984

FEBRUARY 10, 1984

FEBRUARY 13, 1984

FEBRUARY 14, 1984

FEBRUARY 15, 1984

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply