Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (62,460 Views)
CarlD2

Thanks for alerting us to these. It gives me hope that at some point some more vintage material may pop up (I'm especially curious about more 79-82).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Mar 4 2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks for alerting us to these. It gives me hope that at some point some more vintage material may pop up (I'm especially curious about more 79-82).
These aren't full episodes but here are some clips from 1982. The May clips pertain mainly to Jake Kositchek and the fall out from when everyone thought Marlena had been murdered. The July clips are from around the time Neil was injured in an explosion arranged by Stefano.

\

jam6242
Member Avatar

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh. More December 1992 episodes...

DECEMBER 14, 1992

DECEMBER 15, 1992

DECEMBER 16, 1992

DECEMBER 17, 1992

DECEMBER 18, 1992

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 4 2014, 11:19 PM
Oh. More December 1992 episodes...

More early 1984 episodes please!! Not only did they post the 3 episodes I had yet to see, but the episodes I have from early 1984 hardly had any credits attached, so I now have the monthly credits for both January and February 1984 finally, hooray!! And, a new "Days" director was discovered and added to the database today...John Desmond is listed as a director for a few episodes in Jan & Feb 1984.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

I'm watching the storyline where Justin first comes to Salem and is interacting a ton with Melissa. Was Lars always this much of a douche or were they just setting the character up for a not-so-flattering departure? I've not watched a lot of Melissa and Pete but I know they were extremely popular, so did the pairing with Lars have a big backlash? I'd almost think it was Justin propping except they've already moved Justin into Anjelica's orbit and he's been friendzoned by Melissa.

Lars just grates my last nerve.
Edited by somuchwhatever, Mar 5 2014, 08:04 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FEBRUARY 16, 1984

Jason47
Member Avatar

Seeing the full credits for the first time from February 1984 confirms that Melonie Mazman was recurring for at least her first month as Tess Jannings. She was placed on contract before Don Diamont in April, so it's getting narrowed down to sometime in March or April 1984 for that to happen. Let's hope the poster keeps posting the rest of February and continues with March soon! From July 1984 to the present (except for a few random months here or there), I already have a full set of credits, so getting credits for January & February 1984 has been very helpful!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FEBRUARY 17, 1984

FEBRUARY 20, 1984

karenap63

I just joined this forum. I'm a die hard Roman (only Wayne) fan. I watched Days from 70's until 84 when Wayne left. I watched again in 91-94 when he came back on. I just wish in 91, Marlena would have been truthful and went with John. Maybe the real Roman could have found a good woman and Wayne would have stayed on Days. I can't believe the fan base Roman (Wayne) has on You Tube clips. I do watch You Tube clips of Eric/Nicole. Sorry, I'm just not a Drake fan. Did this John ever found out who he is? It's been what 27 years? They need to figure this guy's identity.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FEBRUARY 21, 1984

FEBRUARY 22, 1984

FEBRUARY 24, 1984

FEBRUARY 27, 1984

Edited by Matt, Mar 8 2014, 11:59 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh? Some December 1983? I'm really loving this youtube channel.

The Great Donut Caper

DECEMBER 1, 1983

DECEMBER 2, 1983

DECEMBER 3, 1983

DECEMBER 6, 1983

DECEMBER 7, 1983

DECEMBER 8, 1983

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

JANUARY 15, 1986

Ghani
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 10 2014, 07:35 AM
JANUARY 15, 1986
Wow! Michael T. Weiss was absolutely gorgeous at that time! :wub:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

JANUARY 16, 1986

JANUARY 17, 1986

Renaissance Girl

There's something that's been bugging me for a bit. If Lee Dumonde set out to hire Brent Cavanaugh to kill Julie, why did she change her mind at the last minute and actually save her from him? I would have thought that if she really wanted her gone she would have just allowed him to dispose of her. Unless either she

a) Wanted to save Julie as a way to regain Doug's favor

b) Wanted to use Brent as the fall guy and have everybody think that he was the one that wanted to kill her, which is weird because wouldn't at least some people be suspicious that Lee might be behind it? In other words, she wanted to cover her ass.

c) She wanted to come out as the hero or something.

OR

d) She was afraid that Brent was going to expose her as the mastermind and killed him to cover her tracks.

Can anybody help me here?
Edited by Renaissance Girl, Mar 12 2014, 04:35 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Mar 12 2014, 04:33 PM
There's something that's been bugging me for a bit. If Lee Dumonde set out to hire Brent Cavanaugh to kill Julie, why did she change her mind at the last minute and actually save her from him? I would have thought that if she really wanted her gone she would have just allowed him to dispose of her. Unless either she

a) Wanted to save Julie as a way to regain Doug's favor

b) Wanted to use Brent as the fall guy and have everybody think that he was the one that wanted to kill her, which is weird because wouldn't at least some people be suspicious that Lee might be behind it? In other words, she wanted to cover her ass.

c) She wanted to come out as the hero or something.

OR

d) She was afraid that Brent was going to expose her as the mastermind and killed him to cover her tracks.

Can anybody help me here?
Most likely reason would be the show never planned on killing Julie off, so they had to have a way for her to not die. This was before the DiMeras arrived in Salem, and people now are able to die all the time and be brought back to life. "Days" was pretty true-to-life up until 1982/1983, when the fantasy stuff was added to the show.

Renaissance Girl

That's fine if they never really intended to kill off Julie but I've read up on some of the SOD threads on here a while back and I was surprised by some of the stuff I found out. I think options a, b or d might be the most likely reasons for her decision but I am trying to figure out her main motive because it speaks a lot to her character. I think perhaps a combination of those reasons might be likely.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, for starters, there was a HW change between when Julie was shot and when Brent was exposed and killed. Lee's behavior was attributed to her dependence on drugs & alcohol that were clouding her mind and judgement as well as her ongoing recovery from a stroke (caused when she deliberately refused to take her blood pressure medication to keep Doug tied to her). I think once she started to recover, she realized that while she wanted Doug (and still would use almost any trick in the book to get him), she didn't really want Julie dead and had gotten in over her head. Unfortunately, Brent had become rather unhinged and a tad obsessed with Julie and had planned to do in both Julie & Lee (after blackmailing Lee over her involvement in the shooting). When Brent arrived at the penthouse to kill Julie (who was visiting Lee), Lee rose from her wheelchair (she'd been faking for quite a while) and saved Julie's life, killing Brent in the process. We actually just covered this entire storyline in the Classic SOD Recaps thread. In fact, today's posting was Doug & Julie's 1981 wedding immediately after Lee's release from Bayview that also involved Lee bringing SORASed teen-Hope (Tammy Taylor) back to Salem to use as a wedge between Doug & Julie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply