Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (58,454 Views)
Renaissance Girl

Blood pressure medication? Hot damn! With that fiery temper she has no wonder she needed it! WOW! Thanks a million. That really covers it. Yeah, I figured Lee was pretty obsessed with Doug. But still... she seemed kind of young to be on blood pressure medication. But then again, if Frankie Muniz can have more than one mini stroke, then I shouldn't be so surprised that a 30-something woman can have a stroke as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

More December 1983

DECEMBER 9, 1983

DECEMBER 10, 1983

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DECEMBER 13, 1983

Jason47
Member Avatar

All of the December 1983 stuff are just portions of episodes, yet they keep calling them "Full Episodes." "Days" was not only 17 minutes on December 9, 1983. :)

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

Year I was born, but love it. I miss the way Soaps were in the 80s and 90s

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DECEMBER 14, 1983

Jason47
Member Avatar

TinaJagger11
Mar 21 2014, 10:03 PM
Year I was born, but love it. I miss the way Soaps were in the 80s and 90s
The two decades of "big budget" soaps!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DECEMBER 15, 1983

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Matt
Mar 22 2014, 11:22 PM
DECEMBER 15, 1983

Wow JT is able to talk like he doesn't have a mouth full of marbles.

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 22 2014, 11:22 PM
DECEMBER 15, 1983

I love Anna.

concerned
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDydo22l71g

Parking this here just so I can find it when Lysie decides to do a top ten dance scenes poll.

concerned
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5rsrS7k8s&list=PLA32B927D63BD4B5D

Back when Sami had been changed by a man's love.
Nicole couldn't let Eric and Marlena know about what she had done.

And who would have realised but Sami's taste in shoes has improved.

And LOL at Belle and Brady's wedding outfits.

Although the real LOL is Hope's hairstyle.... hair styling has improved as well.
Edited by concerned, Mar 28 2014, 07:05 PM.

CarlD2

I'm watching some of the May 1982 material that was kindly pointed out to me, and there is this older woman at the police station, a detective ("Sweetheart"). She seems like DAYS' version of O'Riley on GH (an older woman who was fond to the virile, edgy new law enforcement character [Scorpio, Roman]). She seems to have been close to Abe and Roman for years before they arrived on the show.

Whatever happened to her? Was she written out, or did she just disappear?

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Mar 29 2014, 10:48 PM
I'm watching some of the May 1982 material that was kindly pointed out to me, and there is this older woman at the police station, a detective ("Sweetheart"). She seems like DAYS' version of O'Riley on GH (an older woman who was fond to the virile, edgy new law enforcement character [Scorpio, Roman]). She seems to have been close to Abe and Roman for years before they arrived on the show.

Peg Stewart played her for 5 episodes in total.

5/4/82
5/7/82
5/14/82
5/17/82
2/16/83

She's first listed as Old Mountain Woman, and then the woman gets a name, Joretta Hicksby. But then it turns out Joretta is actually an undercover detective by the name of Rhoda Haynes (whose nickname is Sweetheart).

karenap63

Jason47
Mar 30 2014, 12:01 AM
CarlD2
Mar 29 2014, 10:48 PM

Peg Stewart played her for 5 episodes in total.

5/4/82
5/7/82
5/14/82
5/17/82
2/16/83

She's first listed as Old Mountain Woman, and then the woman gets a name, Joretta Hicksby. But then it turns out Joretta is actually an undercover detective by the name of Rhoda Haynes (whose nickname is Sweetheart).
I believe she passed away while working on Days. I almost died when it finally showed she was the woman with the shotgun when Roman/Marlena went to the cabin looking for Tony/Renee. (working undercover for Roman) She said she liked Roman's body. lol

I liked when Marlena got pissed cause Roman called her "Sweetheart" when he spoke with her on the phone and Marlena didn't know who she was.
Edited by karenap63, Mar 30 2014, 07:30 AM.

CarlD2

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

karenap63

These are the best clips. I watch 80's you tube clips all the time.
Edited by karenap63, Mar 30 2014, 12:29 PM.

karenap63

I can't believe the people who still watch all these clips.
Edited by karenap63, Mar 30 2014, 12:30 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

karenap63
Mar 30 2014, 07:23 AM
I believe she passed away while working on Days.
I don't have her as deceased on my Days list. I have her listed as the person credited as Peggy Stewart: Peggy O'Rourke Stewart Young (Det. Rhoda Haynes)...6/5/24

Is Peggy Stewart the same person as Peg Stewart? They have Peggy Stewart hosting a recent (November 2013) look back at one of her movies from 1948.

Maybe the two are different actresses and I have the wrong info listed on my site for her??

Where did you hear that she passed away while working on Days in 1983?

For those who have seen Peg Stewart in her Days role, is this her 30 years later in 2013: http://scvtv.com/?p=8656

jam6242
Member Avatar

Jason47
Mar 30 2014, 01:55 PM
karenap63
Mar 30 2014, 07:23 AM
I believe she passed away while working on Days.
I don't have her as deceased on my Days list. I have her listed as the person credited as Peggy Stewart: Peggy O'Rourke Stewart Young (Det. Rhoda Haynes)...6/5/24

Is Peggy Stewart the same person as Peg Stewart? They have Peggy Stewart hosting a recent (November 2013) look back at one of her movies from 1948.

Maybe the two are different actresses and I have the wrong info listed on my site for her??

Where did you hear that she passed away while working on Days in 1983?

For those who have seen Peg Stewart in her Days role, is this her 30 years later in 2013: http://scvtv.com/?p=8656
This seems like the same person who was on Days. The voice even seems the same.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply