Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (61,558 Views)
karenap63

Jason47
Mar 30 2014, 01:55 PM
karenap63
Mar 30 2014, 07:23 AM
I believe she passed away while working on Days.
I don't have her as deceased on my Days list. I have her listed as the person credited as Peggy Stewart: Peggy O'Rourke Stewart Young (Det. Rhoda Haynes)...6/5/24

Is Peggy Stewart the same person as Peg Stewart? They have Peggy Stewart hosting a recent (November 2013) look back at one of her movies from 1948.

Maybe the two are different actresses and I have the wrong info listed on my site for her??

Where did you hear that she passed away while working on Days in 1983?

For those who have seen Peg Stewart in her Days role, is this her 30 years later in 2013: http://scvtv.com/?p=8656
It was listed on one of the you tube clips I watched under remarks. I could be wrong though. It said she passed away shortly after being on Days.

To me, this seems like the same person. I can't remember which clip it was on though
Edited by karenap63, Mar 30 2014, 04:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

Who is this woman with Alex?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJeo-veCy4s

I guess PFS was trying to build Danny up a little. I wonder how long his love interest was around. It's a shame more wasn't done with the characters.

Catherine Mary Stewart reminds me of early Kristian Alfonso.

Keith
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 3 2014, 09:57 PM
Oh man, I wanna know!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Keith
Apr 3 2014, 11:10 PM
CarlD2
Oh man, I wanna know!
I looked up the May 1982 chart and we have our answer...Kelley Miles is the actress. She played Dana Parker. This must be 5/25/82, since it's the only May 1982 episode to feature Doug, Julie, Alex, Dana, Danny and Sally.

She played the role for 10 episodes from 3/25/82-5/25/82, making this her final appearance as Dana.

Beth's archived site states this about Dana: Nurse at University Hospital who casually dated Alex Marshall, making Marie Horton jealous
Edited by Jason47, Apr 3 2014, 11:29 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kaybe phone call! :P

CarlD2

Thank you, Jason. I wonder if they had more plans for her or if that was it. I did enjoy seeing Alex explain to her why he was hated (or trying to explain anyway).

I wonder if viewers at the time initially had a tough time reconciling the two Kaylas, or if Kayla had been off the canvas long enough for that not to matter.

Considering how much transition DAYS was in at this point I give them kudos for still managing to seem like a community and having so many reactions to Marlena's 'death' that seem real, or are based on longstanding history.

How long was Sally around?
Edited by CarlD2, Apr 3 2014, 11:42 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 3 2014, 11:34 PM
I literally had this moment.

Keith
Member Avatar

From Jason's site:

Sally Johnson 12/4/81-9/17/82

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 3 2014, 11:40 PM
How long was Sally around?
Cyndi James Reese (Sally Johnson) 12/4/81-9/17/82

Then she came back and played the first Lexie in 1987.

Hey, you beat me to it, Keith!! :)

Carl, here's all the dates for all recurring roles lasting at least 10 episodes:
http://www.jason47.com/days/noncontractarchive.html
Edited by Jason47, Apr 3 2014, 11:48 PM.

CarlD2

Thanks again. It was a surprise getting to actually see that the black characters at this time were in separate stories and didn't have to all be connected. I guess only Abe survived though.

karenap63

Jason47
Apr 3 2014, 11:28 PM
Keith
Apr 3 2014, 11:10 PM
CarlD2
Oh man, I wanna know!
I looked up the May 1982 chart and we have our answer...Kelley Miles is the actress. She played Dana Parker. This must be 5/25/82, since it's the only May 1982 episode to feature Doug, Julie, Alex, Dana, Danny and Sally.

She played the role for 10 episodes from 3/25/82-5/25/82, making this her final appearance as Dana.

Beth's archived site states this about Dana: Nurse at University Hospital who casually dated Alex Marshall, making Marie Horton jealous
There is an episode where Marlena and Roman (while he is staying at her apartment protecting her), that they decide to date others. Marlena goes out with Neil Curtis and Roman takes this Dana out. I think it's called Roman and Marlena kiss for the first time and Marlena dates Neil. There are two that this Dana is in. The interaction between Roman, Marlena and Neil Curtis is hysterical.

It's on You tube.
Edited by karenap63, Apr 4 2014, 08:01 AM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 3 2014, 11:34 PM
He had her number memorized even way back then. ;)

jam6242
Member Avatar

These are a few more clips from 1982 relating to Marlena's supposed death.

CarlD2

Thanks. I hadn't seen that in a few years.

I always forget Pierre was back on the show at that point.

It's nice to see those everyday moments at Doug's place intertwined with the high drama.

karenap63

CarlD2

I wonder if viewers at the time initially had a tough time reconciling the two Kaylas, or if Kayla had been off the canvas long enough for that not to matter.

From what I remember Catherine Mary Stewart (who I loved) came on a few episodes after Roman was introduced. She was in Roman/Marlena's wedding which was in February, 83. Would you believe she dated Chris Kosicheck (Josh Taylor). Isn't that a hoot!! She had scenes with Bo, she left soon after. This Kayla was not at Roman's wake when he was presumed dead in Nov, 84.

Mary Beth Evans came on maybe a couple years later. Maybe 1987. I always liked MBE too. I did watch a lil of the Patch/Kayla pairing, but I just lost interest in days after Wayne left.

Catherine Mary Stewart always played in " Lifetime" movies. There were some pretty good ones that she starred in.

karenap63

CarlD2
Apr 3 2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks again. It was a surprise getting to actually see that the black characters at this time were in separate stories and didn't have to all be connected. I guess only Abe survived though.
I loved the Grant family (Val and Danny). Danny was such a good friend to everybody especially Bo, Hope and Gene Bradford. Their scenes were hysterical. I can remember one clip when Gene/Danny were drunk on the top of a car hood. LMAO His scenes with Marlena/Roman were pretty good too.

jwsel
Member Avatar

karenap63
Apr 7 2014, 08:20 PM
CarlD2

From what I remember Catherine Mary Stewart (who I loved) came on a few episodes after Roman was introduced. She was in Roman/Marlena's wedding which was in February, 83. Would you believe she dated Chris Kosicheck (Josh Taylor). Isn't that a hoot!! She had scenes with Bo, she left soon after. This Kayla was not at Roman's wake when he was presumed dead in Nov, 84.

Mary Beth Evans came on maybe a couple years later. Maybe 1987. I always liked MBE too. I did watch a lil of the Patch/Kayla pairing, but I just lost interest in days after Wayne left.

Catherine Mary Stewart always played in " Lifetime" movies. There were some pretty good ones that she starred in.
Mary Beth Evans began airing on Days in May 1986. She came to Salem right after Bo was revealed to be Victor's son and Andrew was born.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So I was reading through some old issues of Afternoon TV earlier, and I was reading an article introducing the cast of "Return to Peyton Place" that was about to debut. Anyway, in the article, I came across a VERY interesting DAYS tidbit that I'm not sure I ever knew before concerning actress Mary K. Wells (Hannah Cord on RTPP, previously Louise Capice on Edge of Night)...

"Originally offered the lead on 'Days of our Lives' opposite Macdonald Carey, Mary turned it down because she couldn't 'take the children out of school,' but to this day Mary says, 'I guess I love Betty Corday (ex-producer of 'Days of our Lives') better than anybody in this business."

Mary was based on the East Coast at the time of DAYS premiere and had children in school and didn't want to uproot them until she moved back West for RTPP in 1972.

Keith
Member Avatar

So I'm currently re-watching the MPD storyline and I had a question that will likely get answered as I keep watching but it will be a while.

Was there any indication that Randy Huston (who attempted to rape Lacey and Kim killed during an MPD blackout) had any family?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh. My. God. I've always adored Kim & Shane and when this montage set to "Friends & Lovers" (a montage actually used on the show, I believe) of their greatest moments (up to that point), I just knew I had to share it here. Simply FLAWLESS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply