Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (64,971 Views)
karenap63

Love this song too. Didn't Gloria Loring (Liz Chandler) and Carl? sing it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

steve rutherford, a Youtube user who has put up some DAYS material over the last few years, was wondering what time period this is. Looking around a little I thought possibly January 1992, but wasn't sure 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hGfbhGWGSM

Some...interesting acting from Tracy Middendorf and Roberta Leighton.

I didn't realize Ivan was on the show at this time.

Jason47
Member Avatar

karenap63
Apr 20 2014, 01:05 AM
Love this song too. Didn't Gloria Loring (Liz Chandler) and Carl? sing it?
Here's a paragraph from my obituary for Carl Anderson:

Gloria Loring talks about how "Friends and Lovers" was made into a hit: While listening to a version of the song sung by composer Jay Gruska and his wife Jennifer Williams, Loring recalled "That's a hit song if I ever heard one." After seeing Carl Anderson in a concert, she remarked "Oh, he's got a fabulous voice." Recording it as a duet, she said "The simple musical melody, very listenable, just lovely, combined with a lyric that's just classic. I'll be your friend and I'll be your lover, you can't top that." The song reached # 2 for 2 weeks on the pop chart, and # 1 on the adult contemporary chart.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 20 2014, 01:21 AM
steve rutherford, a Youtube user who has put up some DAYS material over the last few years, was wondering what time period this is. Looking around a little I thought possibly January 1992, but wasn't sure 100%.

If you are in contact with Steve, you can tell him this is 1/17/92. Here's the cast/set list:

1/17/92: Alice, Bo, Carly, Caroline, Carrie, Ginger, Hawk, Isabella, Ivan, Jack, Jennifer, John, Julie, Lawrence, Molly, Roman, Shawn Douglas, Desiree, Dave, Fernando Torres (Rafiís Brother), Bartender, Guard (Saul), Thug # 1, Thug # 2, Nurse.
Sets: Continental Bar, Wings Private Dining Room, Hospital Exam Room & Corridor, Nursesí Station & Staff Lounge, Pier, Aliceís Restaurant, Johnís Apartment, Int. Bo's Boat, Romanís Office, Alleyway.

CarlD2

Thank you so much. I will leave it on his Youtube and credit you.

jwsel
Member Avatar

CarlD2

January 1992 is pretty much a certainty.

Tracy Middendorf began airing on Jan. 10, which was the day of the museum robbery mentioned in the episode, and Bo was kidnapped by Rafi Torres on Jan. 17. So the fact that both Peter Reckell and Tracy Middendorf are in the episode limits it to that week.

From the archive description of 1992 episodes, I would say that it was Jan. 16, 1992. The archive mentions the John/Carrie talk and Lawrence making a move on Carrie at a bar. Carly's wedding shower took place on Jan. 17, and the Jennifer/Bo conversation is about getting Carly to the shower.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 20 2014, 01:26 AM
CarlD2

If you are in contact with Steve, you can tell him this is 1/17/92. Here's the cast/set list:

1/17/92: Alice, Bo, Carly, Caroline, Carrie, Ginger, Hawk, Isabella, Ivan, Jack, Jennifer, John, Julie, Lawrence, Molly, Roman, Shawn Douglas, Desiree, Dave, Fernando Torres (Rafiís Brother), Bartender, Guard (Saul), Thug # 1, Thug # 2, Nurse.
Sets: Continental Bar, Wings Private Dining Room, Hospital Exam Room & Corridor, Nursesí Station & Staff Lounge, Pier, Aliceís Restaurant, Johnís Apartment, Int. Bo's Boat, Romanís Office, Alleyway.
Interesting. The "Signifcant Days" listing on the old archive may be off by one day.
Edited by jwsel, Apr 20 2014, 01:38 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jwsel
Apr 20 2014, 01:38 AM
Interesting. The "Signifcant Days" listing on the old archive may be off by one day.
No, it seems to be correct. It matches up with my cast/set lists...

1/16/92: Bo, Brian, Carly, Carrie, Chip, Isabella, Ivan, John, Julie, Kayla, Kimberly, Lawrence, Molly, Roman, Tanner, Victor, Rafi, Ari, Bartender.
Sets: Aliceís Restaurant, Roman & Marlena's Living Room, Int. Bo's Boat, Staff Lounge, Alamain Mansion, Kimberlyís Hotel Room in Los Angeles, Pier, Romanís Office, Brady-Toscano Detective Agency, Continental Bar.

--Isabella reads the newspaper article on the museum heist.
--Carrie tells roman she's leaving Salem.
--Bo talks to molly about having Carly there to her wedding shower, as she wakes up and hears him saying something about a shower.
--roman talks to Carrie about her feelings for john, as she pulls away from him.
--Lawrence reads the newspaper, and decides it's time for some more clues.
--Kim and Kayla discuss the case in her hotel room in Los Angeles.
--roman goes to the dock and arrests Torres for the near fatal accident he had,but is forced to let him go.
--Kim and Kayla joke about being hit on by rob.
--tanner goes to the office and is surprised to see Isabella there, and he wants to call john to take her home,but she stops him. -- john and Carrie talk and he promises to keep her informed of anything he learns about who he is.
--Lawrence sees Carrie at a bar, and makes a move on her.

Bo kidnapped by Rafi Torres; he realizes that Carly is the woman in John's burnt picture.

jam6242
Member Avatar

All of Sami's recent talk about wanting Nick dead made me think of the time he saved her life when she was pregnant with the twins. :(

jam6242
Member Avatar

This is a promo from 1982 featuring Tony, Neil, and Liz.

Edited by jam6242, Apr 23 2014, 06:51 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Just found two 1982 full episodes. Hungover Kayla waking up in Chris' bed in the first episode! Ray Wise is in that episode too.

Edited by jam6242, May 3 2014, 01:43 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
May 3 2014, 01:30 PM
Just found two 1982 full episodes. Hungover Kayla waking up in Chris' bed in the first episode! Ray Wise is in that episode too.

How fortuitous considering we JUST NOW covered this in the Classic SOD Synopses thread within the last couple of weeks. lol

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
May 3 2014, 01:45 PM
jam6242
May 3 2014, 01:30 PM

How fortuitous considering we JUST NOW covered this in the Classic SOD Synopses thread within the last couple of weeks. lol
It's almost eerie, lol!

jam6242
Member Avatar

The second episode has Mitzi Matuso bellydancing for Doug! Also Renee Jones as Nikki Wade.
Edited by jam6242, May 3 2014, 01:52 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

There goes part of my afternoon... And how did I not know Ray Wise did DAYS? Gah!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

granolagirl
May 3 2014, 01:54 PM
There goes part of my afternoon... And how did I not know Ray Wise did DAYS? Gah!
I actually had forgotten about Ray Wise even though I was watching at the time (and I had previously seen him on "Love of Life.")

CarlD2

Thanks. I just watched the first one.

I had no idea Ray Wise was ever on the show.

The Doug and Julie scenes are such fun, especially when she hits him with the paper. (I'm not a big fan of either hairstyle at this time though)

Who was playing Mitzi?

Love love love the Marlena/Marie scene. Such a powerful friendship there. Deirdre's work is so nuanced and emotional in this episode, like her last scene with Roman, for one example.

Nice to see such early Anna and Carrie. For a minute I thought she was making a move on Tom.

jam6242
Member Avatar

CarlD2
May 4 2014, 06:03 AM
Thanks. I just watched the first one.

I had no idea Ray Wise was ever on the show.

The Doug and Julie scenes are such fun, especially when she hits him with the paper. (I'm not a big fan of either hairstyle at this time though)

Who was playing Mitzi?

Love love love the Marlena/Marie scene. Such a powerful friendship there. Deirdre's work is so nuanced and emotional in this episode, like her last scene with Roman, for one example.

Nice to see such early Anna and Carrie. For a minute I thought she was making a move on Tom.
This was the Marlena I loved the best. The 90s and beyond Marlena seems like an entirely different character to me. I thought the scene with Tom and Carrie was adorable too. I was sad hearing Joshua talk about setting up housekeeping with Jessica knowing what's coming up for their son this week. I don't know the name of the actress playing Mitzi.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

CarlD2

Can you imagine what she could do when she was given a camera to work in front of, and not just in the background of, and a storyline to go with it?

Anna/Carrie/Marlena were the sweetest relationship. Carrie was lucky, and she knew it, she had two mothers who each tried to do the best they could for them. For one, that was giving her up for a lot of time she could have been with her. For the other, it was giving up parts of her life to raise her. They both loved her enough to do what was best. I miss that sort of storytelling. There was so much bubbling underneath, but they both loved her so much.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Who was playing Mitzi?
Livia Genise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply