Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (123,915 Views)
Days22

jwsel
Aug 23 2015, 02:05 AM
Days22
Aug 21 2015, 03:09 AM
JAKKFAN
Aug 20 2015, 05:19 PM
Thank You Days22 for posting all the 90's episodes.
Youre welcome

"The ring!"

:blulaugh:

That never gets old.
lmao
its so hard to understand him then
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days22

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

OMG!! FULL episodes with Bope's return and dealing with pre- Cruise of Deception!!! :wub:

Thank you!! :D

kayden

Just an FYI....my channel got a copyright strike because of Night Sins. 2 more and all the videos are toast. I've made all my videos private. I can't do unlisted until March 1. Any suggestions from you video vets? I was just getting to the Carly buried alive storyline.

Days22

Damn that sucks.

What I do is make all my vids unlisted and just post it on these boards and another one. Unlisting them seems to keep youtube at bay, but you never know with them.

kayden

Days22
Sep 3 2015, 07:06 PM
Damn that sucks.

What I do is make all my vids unlisted and just post it on these boards and another one. Unlisting them seems to keep youtube at bay, but you never know with them.
It's sad that I can't change mine to unlisted once I have a copyright strike that lasts for 6 months.

Thanks for the advice. I (my videos) will be back in some form...once I figure this out.

karenap63

kayden
Sep 3 2015, 06:39 PM
Just an FYI....my channel got a copyright strike because of Night Sins. 2 more and all the videos are toast. I've made all my videos private. I can't do unlisted until March 1. Any suggestions from you video vets? I was just getting to the Carly buried alive storyline.
Oh shit.

lysie
Member Avatar

A lot of channels are getting hit. :(

Sindacco
Member Avatar

kayden
My channel got two strikes two weeks ago. One more and it will be taken down. The first two resulted in my account being in "bad standing" until August next year! Kinda lost interest in uploading on that one so I created a new channel. It's a little bittersweet because I've had that account since May 2006, when Youtube was still a relatively new thing.

It's funny because we were talking about this just a few weeks ago in one of the threads here, and I said it's usually new episodes or clips with songs that gets taken down.

kayden

Sindacco
Sep 3 2015, 10:38 PM
kayden
My channel got two strikes two weeks ago. One more and it will be taken down. The first two resulted in my account being in "bad standing" until August next year! Kinda lost interest in uploading on that one so I created a new channel. It's a little bittersweet because I've had that account since May 2006, when Youtube was still a relatively new thing.

It's funny because we were talking about this just a few weeks ago in one of the threads here, and I said it's usually new episodes or clips with songs that gets taken down.
That's where I am torn...do I make the new videos on the new channel unlisted or private? I don't want to lose all my old videos on my original channel so I have made them private, but going forward, which is the better option? I am worried that unlisted is still too risky...

Are you ok with losing your original channel completely? I've been through this before but let the time pass and I was back to good standing again. Last time my error was from uploading Y&R. Man, are they harsh on that show in terms of sharing.

I think because Night Sins was a quasi-movie/tv episode it got a hit because whomever produced it/owner was likely someone that normally wasn't involved with the show.

Callie
Member Avatar

kayden
Aww, that sucks!

Maybe you could upload the rest on Dailymotion? Or start another YT channel with the rest.

I've head problems with unlisted videos as well but they were 2015 GH clips so maybe that was the problem. They're more strick with recent episodes.

Quote:

Last time my error was from uploading Y&R. Man, are they harsh on that show in terms of sharing.

Yup, B&B is like that as well. There are literally no clips of anything from the past few years on YT, minus the clips the show itself posts.
Edited by Callie, Sep 4 2015, 02:17 AM.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
I miss Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

I had a copyright strike on my account a couple days ago too and that was just on a clip - not even a full episode. This was a Bo & Hope clip from the mid-90's so not even anything recent.

Seems like they're just cracking down in general which is annoying.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sindacco
kayden

It's not the usual suspects this time. Sony Pictures is on an offensive and they've hired out for a company to take down everything. They're not taking into consideration that soaps are just different than movies and even prime time shows. That having old clips especially, up and available to everyone, helps them gain, regain and keep viewers. It even helps the actors at times. If they have a plan... by all means, but it'd be wise to share it before they start just taking away things. I hope they create a platform for everyone to be able to see all their shows. Hulu is not an option for a large portion of the audience.

Soaps aren't like other shows. They could charge quite a bit, and I'd still pay to watch it at the same time as everyone else and as provided by the people who produce it.

Wasn't it Sony who put episodes up with a subscription fee, like 10 years ago? That was a good idea. Just make it available for everyone. For DAYS, this is especially bad timing too, since the 50th anniversary would have made a lot of people want to check out old storylines and learn about the history... and maybe decide to stay around for good if they liked what they saw both online AND onscreen.

kayden

The Room Stops
Sep 4 2015, 11:39 AM
Sindacco
kayden

It's not the usual suspects this time. Sony Pictures is on an offensive and they've hired out for a company to take down everything. They're not taking into consideration that soaps are just different than movies and even prime time shows. That having old clips especially, up and available to everyone, helps them gain, regain and keep viewers. It even helps the actors at times. If they have a plan... by all means, but it'd be wise to share it before they start just taking away things. I hope they create a platform for everyone to be able to see all their shows. Hulu is not an option for a large portion of the audience.

Soaps aren't like other shows. They could charge quite a bit, and I'd still pay to watch it at the same time as everyone else and as provided by the people who produce it.

Wasn't it Sony who put episodes up with a subscription fee, like 10 years ago? That was a good idea. Just make it available for everyone. For DAYS, this is especially bad timing too, since the 50th anniversary would have made a lot of people want to check out old storylines and learn about the history... and maybe decide to stay around for good if they liked what they saw both online AND onscreen.
You have it in a nutshell. The episodes I share were meant to air once, and were paid for with the commercials that showed alongside them. I think the soaps don't have much of that content themselves anymore, because why not show it? People want to see the history of certain characters (like you said) but the shows are not willing to allow the audience to see that. Do I spend lots of time (and sometimes money) on uploading just for myself? No. I want others to see and share in watching old scenes. I obviously wouldn't do this if there was another option. My uploads are pretty low quality at best. It's not like a movie in which actors/actresses get missed out royalties because a movie was uploaded instead of someone buying it. The content that I have is just not available anywhere online!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

kayden
Sep 5 2015, 10:12 AM
The Room Stops
Sindacco
kayden

You have it in a nutshell. The episodes I share were meant to air once, and were paid for with the commercials that showed alongside them. I think the soaps don't have much of that content themselves anymore, because why not show it? People want to see the history of certain characters (like you said) but the shows are not willing to allow the audience to see that. Do I spend lots of time (and sometimes money) on uploading just for myself? No. I want others to see and share in watching old scenes. I obviously wouldn't do this if there was another option. My uploads are pretty low quality at best. It's not like a movie in which actors/actresses get missed out royalties because a movie was uploaded instead of someone buying it. The content that I have is just not available anywhere online!
Exactly! And it's not available anywhere else either, for purchase. That's what makes it different. Movies and prime time shows are either on DVDs or BluRay, or sent at a time when most people are at home and can watch them. Soaps (American soaps in particular) are neither of those things.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

kayden
Sep 3 2015, 11:13 PM
Sindacco
kayden

That's where I am torn...do I make the new videos on the new channel unlisted or private? I don't want to lose all my old videos on my original channel so I have made them private, but going forward, which is the better option? I am worried that unlisted is still too risky...

Are you ok with losing your original channel completely? I've been through this before but let the time pass and I was back to good standing again. Last time my error was from uploading Y&R. Man, are they harsh on that show in terms of sharing.

I think because Night Sins was a quasi-movie/tv episode it got a hit because whomever produced it/owner was likely someone that normally wasn't involved with the show.

What is the difference between private and unlisted?

I've been through this before too, two years ago. After six months the account was in good standing again. I was going to wait this time too, but five days later I got another strike. Y&R and B&B are big no-no's.

The Room Stops
Sindacco
kayden

It's not the usual suspects this time. Sony Pictures is on an offensive and they've hired out for a company to take down everything.
I noticed that too! It was a company called "Entura International" I had never heard about them before. Those fucktards call themselves "Anti-piracy".

Callie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 5 2015, 11:42 PM
With the private videos, the only people that can view them are the YT users you add yourself. You can't just simply share the link like you do with the unlisted videos. :)

kayden

lilika
Sep 6 2015, 03:01 AM
Sindacco
Sep 5 2015, 11:42 PM
With the private videos, the only people that can view them are the YT users you add yourself. You can't just simply share the link like you do with the unlisted videos. :)
The problem that I have is with my main channel, because I received a copyright strike, I cannot make my private videos shareable until Mar 1. So I either have them all public and risk losing the channel completely (not willing to do that at this time), or keep them private until then. I also cannot change any video to unlisted.

With my other channel, I can choose to have unlisted videos, or private videos with a shareable audience of up to 50 people per video. Right now I have about 6 people that I have added so that going forward that group (and any others that so request) can see any new uploaded video on there. It's a bit of a pain because the viewer either needs to give me their google + ID (which I hate that service but I guess I need it for this), or their email address. So far, it has worked. It also limits the chance of having someone non-legit come into the group. Since I have over 300 subscribers and only 50/video I do need to be selective.

C'est la vie. But I still have about 6 more months of episodes left!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yea. I just got a copyright take down on two of my John and Marlena clips. A company called Entura International did it. Is that the same company that's issuing these for the rest of you too?

ETA: I see mention of Entura above, sorry.

Well, I'm not uploading any more clips. It was fun while it lasted. I put a lot of time and effort into my channel. I have over 5 mil views and over 2,600 subscribers. I feel bad for J&M fans who may not have access to their history anymore. I'm fine because I have it all on DVD, LOL I never made a single penny on any of it, and just did it to share with other fans who had no way to see their history.

Way to kill your fan interest Sony.
Edited by Rosebud, Sep 6 2015, 02:23 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Callie
Member Avatar

kayden
Sep 6 2015, 01:02 PM
C'est la vie. But I still have about 6 more months of episodes left!
Oh, I know, I was really looking forward to see the rest!

Why don't you upload them on your account on dailymotion? :)
Edited by Callie, Sep 7 2015, 12:23 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply